What nail polish do you have on at the moment?

Comments

• afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have Midnight Cami by Essie on my toes. It's a very dark blue.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    Wet Cement, by sally hansen.

I think I'm going to change it tomorrow to some glittery stuff i got in clearance at ulta by OPI.

Do you think I could swap my nail polishes or not swap but would anyone want some? Or would that be dumb since I used them before? I'm thinking of going low maintenance, like getting rid of some of the nail polishes. I have A MILLION like at least 50 in my collection box. (or maybe it's not low maintenance maybe I'm just getting rid of stuff to make room for more..)
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • SailaSaila Posts: 1,212Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    738742.zp536_valerie_225x225.jpg

Zoya's Valerie. It's such a gorgeous color... Looking at the bottle reminds me of the galaxies:

Purple Galaxy by *phatpuppy on deviantART

Zoya Fire & Ice Collection Winter/Holiday 2010 Swatches & Review | Vampy Varnish (last one)
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    That's a gorgeous color!

I think my sister and I are going to do manicures and pedicures tomorrow while watching hours of What Not to Wear. My nails will probably be Sally Hansen Insta Dry in Flashy Fuchsia underneath black Mia Crackle.

That sounds so fun that I'm jealous! I think that the black/fuchsia combo will look neat.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
    Saila wrote: »
    738742.zp536_valerie_225x225.jpg

Zoya's Valerie. It's such a gorgeous color... Looking at the bottle reminds me of the galaxies:

Purple Galaxy by *phatpuppy on deviantART

Zoya Fire & Ice Collection Winter/Holiday 2010 Swatches & Review | Vampy Varnish (last one)

Oooh, I would try that color. I've never tried a Zoya polish.

turtles wrote: »
    Wet Cement, by sally hansen.

I think I'm going to change it tomorrow to some glittery stuff i got in clearance at ulta by OPI.

Do you think I could swap my nail polishes or not swap but would anyone want some? Or would that be dumb since I used them before? I'm thinking of going low maintenance, like getting rid of some of the nail polishes. I have A MILLION like at least 50 in my collection box. (or maybe it's not low maintenance maybe I'm just getting rid of stuff to make room for more..)

There's a swap board here for non-hair products. It wouldn't bother me to get a used polish as long as the info is upfront. It's not like used eye makeup, which I feel is different.

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Wore Zoya Uma all week which was a nice opaque neutral -- a little pink/mauve to be a nude, IMO.

Later today I am changing to Zoya Valentina, a red, as you might have guessed. I don't love reds until I have them on, then I say, hmmmm I should wear these more...
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • NejNej Posts: 2,444Registered Users Curl Neophyte
  • CurliesFTW_xoCurliesFTW_xo Posts: 111Registered Users
    4791694377_831bced6e4.jpg
    These arent my nails, but it is the colour i have on both nails & toe nails! :D

Naturally brunette but dyed hair, dark brown ( nearly black ) in November 2010.Trying to grow to WL but only past SL atm. Currently not CO washing and using Pantenes shampoo. Styling: Schwarzkopf ultimate repair serum with total ends repair. Also use Aussies 3 miracle worker from time to time. 3B,bouncy ringlets,medium thickness,strands are neither fine nor coarse,dry,low elasticity ( when wet, but high elasticity when dry ) and proud to be a curly!
  • SpunkyCurlsSpunkyCurls Posts: 1,523Registered Users
    Fingers: CND Shellac Strawberry Smoothie. I have to admit, this stuff is awesome and I was a skeptic.

Toes: uhhh I don't remember. It's OPI sort of a peachy gold with sparkle
    <insert signature line here>
  • divegirldivegirl Posts: 1,286Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    OPI's Diva of Geneva. I just got back from my first-ever manicure - I think I'm hooked!

Not my nails:
    O.P.I.-Diva-of-Geneva1-225x300.jpg
  • CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users
    Essie nail lacquer. Chin Chilly. I like it :)

These are my nails btw :wave:. Excuse the awkwardness of the pic. The only camera I have is on my macbook and...I didn't want to be in the pic :happy8:. And the lighting isn't that great. Oh well
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
    divegirl wrote: »
    OPI's Diva of Geneva. I just got back from my first-ever manicure - I think I'm hooked!

Not my nails:
    O.P.I.-Diva-of-Geneva1-225x300.jpg

Wow, that looks a lot like The One That Got Away.

• geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    Toes

Fingers. I've been wearing dark polish on my fingers for months and need a break.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • maria_imaria_i Posts: 1,765Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm trying this www.cnd.com/Products/Color/shellac-hello.aspx for the first time. The color is "wildfire". I like it.
    3a/b.
    Mexico City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NalliaNallia Posts: 2,979Registered Users
    My toes are wearing Pom Pom, by China Glaze, and my fingers are wearing Passion Fruit, by Orly.
    "...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

a33304d72319c25b3ad2d4d075ab3bc0.jpg
  • kenzie!kenzie! Posts: 5,055Registered Users
    My fingers are Orly's Mirror, Mirror, but they're in need of a change, cause I have a few chips on my index finger after knitting up a storm.

Tootsies are Delia*s brand nail polish in Cardinal. I got it cause I was 50 cents away from another punch on my rewards card, but its really a nice color that wears well.
    Rock Chalk Baby!! If you aren't from Kansas, you just won't understand!

Dame Kenz Matilda Jayhawk-Rocksalt, heir to the family diamonds.
  • MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Zoya's Deidra... Love...

DSCF3804.jpg
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/MPHILL%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/MPHILL%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.png[/IMG]
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • KurlyKaeKurlyKae Posts: 3,413Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    On my fingers: OPI Hopelessly in Love
    6DmTyZeKAF8efHpL1CFRF-vK-vwThLqRtjdfNjHbdgAXo8Yp3B5bmG9_aGVe5lwXx8uT7X8F8zxH4L9h4zr_QbrP4EU4SFktsh6ge0CJGPPM4Gt-16TEvtTQCEftO5E9Vd8b5w86WFdXuXZ75qmjJTWRHrFNA3Wp66dpbA

Boring color, but the name is appropriate for today:love10:
    eta: the toes are currently bare :(
    3a/2c
    Trader Joe's Tingle conditioner wash/ conditioner
    AG re:coil, LALooks gel, John Frieda Secret Weapon
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    OPI Jewel of India on my fingers. Toes are still bare.

Looks like this, not me:
    3642609.jpg
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    Right now my fingers and toes are bare, but I really want to try this look on my toes: came across it in this album...some good inspiration there.

3412599351_a65a434357_m.jpg

It's actually China Glaze's For Audrey with Pure Ice's Oh Baby. But Pure Ice's Heartbreaker looks a lot like China Glaze's For Audrey.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • SailaSaila Posts: 1,212Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    China Glaze's Empowerment is my "go to" color. It's incredibly flattering on my skintone. It's smooth and perfect to apply, and because it's a nude-ish color, it's incredibly forgiving. Perfect for quick/easy manicures, when you want a break from the dark vampy fall colors and their meticulous application. It's by far my favorite pedicure color. I don't know what it is about this color! It just works so well. It's sooooo gorgeous and shimmery... :love7:

China Glaze Fight Like A Woman Collection Swatches & Review | Vampy Varnish
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Gemma (Zoya) on my toes. Love it.Zoya_Gemma.JPG

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • LayaliLayali Posts: 561Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Revlon grey suede on fingers. Perfect nude for me, not at all grey. More of a pinky-light brown on my skin.

Zoya brooke on toes. Love this color!
    naturally 3b/3c

Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer. ~ Rumi
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Not a color I have on at the moment but I.Want.

M.A.C. Soiree
    mac_soiree005.jpg

It was a limited addition for Christmas and of course I'm late and sad. :sad2: Bidding on Ebay now.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Saila wrote: »

I'd like the Endurance for summer! Pretty!

Question: When you all polish your nails, do you leave that much space between the polish and the cuticle? :?

My nails grow so fast that I usually push the cuticle back right before polishing so it has longer to grow out. Most of the model pics look like my nails after a week of growth!
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I don't leave much of a gap between polish and cuticle, if any at all. The extent of my gap is where I run the pointy tip of an orange stick gently around my cuticle to clean up slightly after applying polish. I do a new mani once per week. By the end of the week, between slight growth and polish wear/flakes, I have a gap that looks like that anyway, so I am not going to start with one that wide on purpose.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • BefrizzledBefrizzled Posts: 3,854Registered Users
    I'm wearing Shellac Fedora (not my blog or hands). I'm a week in and still in love with the color, but I'll probably opt for something else next time.
    Under construction.
  • breathebreathe Posts: 399Registered Users
    I'm going to use OPI Russian Navy on my toes tonight. I'll throw some NutraNail Nail Strengthener on my fingers and call it a day.
    big chop: 03/09/2010.
    modified cg.
    medium/coarse | dense | normal porosity | 4b/3c with random sprinkles of 4a.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file