Total Gym + self esteem?

VTmomVTmom Registered Users Posts: 2,487 Curl Connoisseur
I don't think I've ever felt as bad about the way I look and feel as I have been for the last year or so. I'm not overweight, although losing 10 lbs. certainly wouldn't hurt, but I'm desperately out of shape. One of my issues (the nitty-gritty details of which I won't bore you with) is my old, blind, loss-of-bodily functions dog that consumes so much of my time and energy. By the time I get home from work and take care of/clean up everything that needs it, I'm exhausted and spent. We are very well aware of and are considering all options related to this, but for the moment, "it is what it is."

All that being said, I've been wanting a total gym for a very long time -- probably a year or two. I like the idea of the resistance being your own body weight, and it seems as if there is some variety in what you can do with it. I know that in the world of exercise, you have to do something you find enjoyable, and this contraption doesn't look too bad.

Does anyone have one of these? The infomercial says you only need to use it about 10 min./day. Is this true, or a bunch of horse$h!+? Were you able to lose weight and get in relatively good shape?

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I've never ventured over here to the fitness board. Any and all advice is welcome.
The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file