Wrapping Hair @ Night

curlyclo89curlyclo89 Registered Users Posts: 173
Part of my healthy hair & length retention regi is wrapping my hair in a silk scarf while I sleep. I'm having a bit of a problem - not all of my hair fits in the scarf. I'll try to describe how I wrap my hair and what the problem is.

I fold a scarf into a triangle, put the long edge on my forehead and tie the two "handles" at the nape of my neck. The triangle part of the scarf hangs over my hair. The problem is, my hair is so thick that the triangle part doesn't wrap all the way around it (in a cylinder shape), so there is an open space at the part of the scarf resting against the back of my neck, so the hair is just out and rubbing against my neck. Does that make sense?

So, I'm wondering, do you have any tips or ideas of how I can wrap it so the scarf will cover all my hair? It's fine when I twist/braid my hair, but I'm too lazy to do that every night, and I can't do the thing where I wrap my hair around my head (too bushy, lol).

Thanks in advance for your ideas!
:sunny: 3c/4a; medium porosity; high elasticity; M; iii

Comments

• Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Registered Users Posts: 955
    I too have very thick hair as well and had to stop wrapping that way. Instead of having the triangle facing down and in the back, I instead place the flat part of the triangle along the nape of my neck so that the 3 sides(the two sides which I use to tie & the bottom of the triangle) are in the front and then I just gather one side & the middle together & take the remaining end and "knot it" to hold then I bring one tie back around each side of my head and secure in the back.

It looks a little aunt jemina ish however it works, I have never had it come off at night & I even got a nice patterned one as well as a solid black one just for those times I have to run out in a hurry or I don't feel like taking the scarf off.

To hold my hair in I either do bantu knots, or gather my hair in a loose ponytail and either tuck the ends under one another and secure w/the scarf or hold on w/a pony tail holder then secure w/scarf.

HTH & wasn't too confusing lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)

Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's

event.png

event.png
  • curlyclo89curlyclo89 Registered Users Posts: 173
    @jaylens - thanks for the suggestion - it made sense! I think I solved the problem tho. I found a satin bonnet today that will cover my whole hair easily, so I'm gonna start using that. :happy10:
    :sunny: 3c/4a; medium porosity; high elasticity; M; iii

• Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Registered Users Posts: 955
    No problem & good luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)

Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's

event.png

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file