About OCM.....

curlyinohiocurlyinohio Posts: 362Registered Users
I tried the oil cleansing method, and it clogged my pores, and my chin broke out BAD. However, it works like charm on my NOSE! Is that weird, or what? Has anyone else had this experience? So now I'm back on my old skincare stuff, and my face is doing lots better, but I'm going to stick with OCM just on my nose. It's great not having all those blackheads on it.
Cowash: Suave Aloe and Water Lily
Conditioner and Leave-in: GFTN
LA Looks Sport Gel
Coconut oil Or Olive oil at night

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    OCM clogged me worse than anything else in my life. It took me months and months to clear up the mess. You couldn't pay me to try it again.
  • myboatissinkinmyboatissinkin Posts: 22Registered Users
    i see how that could happen with combination skin. your nose may be less or more oily than the rest of your face and your concoction works well on that level of oil.

i started ocm a long time ago with castor and olive oil. i figured that'd be a good beginning recipe. ugh. castor oil is so so so terrible, and it turns out that you can use other oils instead of castor, which i didn't know. plus olive oil was just too much for me. i needed lighter oils that wouldn't clog up my pores. i just use ocm once a week now with 1/2 jojoba, 1/2 apricot kernel seed, and a few drops of tea tree. works really well for my normal/semi-combo skin.

do whatever works for you. if it's working wonders on your nose and your nose only, keep doin' it there!
  • curlyinohiocurlyinohio Posts: 362Registered Users
    Maybe Ill try the jojoba instead of olive oil. Even if I only do my nose. Cause I notice the skin right next to my nose has clogged pores, right where a little of the olive/castor oil sometimes gets on there when I'm doing my nose.

Thanks!
    Cowash: Suave Aloe and Water Lily
    Conditioner and Leave-in: GFTN
    LA Looks Sport Gel
    Coconut oil Or Olive oil at night

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file