Anyone going to waist length?

Comments

• curledlovecurledlove Posts: 444Registered Users
    LISA,
    we pretty much have the same length hair (give or take an inch or so) except thanks to my texture, it looks about half the length that it really is. My hair has grown a tremendous amount over the last year, but when worn curly it only looks about 2-3 inches longer. Your beautiful length inspires me to keep going so feel free to post pictures as often as you want, they are definitely keeping me from giving up on my growth journey!
    3c/4a
    I made it! Tailbone length stretched, WL curly

Teri Laflesh's book "Curly Like Me" sits on my desk and everytime I get frustrated and an impulse tells me to shave my head, I look at it in hopes that one day my hair will graze the top of my butt.

event.png

event.png
  • LISA LISALISA LISA Posts: 566Registered Users
    curledlove wrote: »
    LISA,
    we pretty much have the same length hair (give or take an inch or so) except thanks to my texture, it looks about half the length that it really is. My hair has grown a tremendous amount over the last year, but when worn curly it only looks about 2-3 inches longer. Your beautiful length inspires me to keep going so feel free to post pictures as often as you want, they are definitely keeping me from giving up on my growth journey!

Thank you CurledLove!
    We long-curlies stick together!
    Big Chop from hip - 5/2014
    Enjoying the journey to APL or BSL!
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75884&dateline=1412004981
  • Fantastic1221Fantastic1221 Posts: 356Registered Users
    wow.
    id love to get to wl some day but im barely at bsl
    if i calculated right itll take me 10yrs to get there :(
    3c front crown,4a in middle back
    LOIS: OS, thin, dense, cottony

http://dtcp.tumblr.com/"]My Blog
    Hair Regimen

event.png

event.png

event.png
  • mellowgirl09mellowgirl09 Banned Posts: 188Banned Users
    I would love for my hair to get back waist length but getting it (that) long isn't all that big of a deal because my curls will still probably hit my shoulders or thereabouts anyway. 3c shrinkage is a *****. :-o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: 3c, medium strand, high volume, soft
    About: Loves moisture
    Current Length: mid neck when curly / bra strap length when straight
    Goal: At least collarbone length when curly
    Regime: KC Knot Today leave in, KC Curling Custard and Aveda shine serum. Style of choice wash and gos and braid outs.
    Pet Peeves: Hair breakage at the nape if wearing tight ponytails. Different curl patterns, looser in front and tighter in back.
    Hair pros: High shine and bounce.
  • curledlovecurledlove Posts: 444Registered Users
    Don't worry ladies you are not alone. I too am a victim of 3c shrinkage. If its going to take 10 years, then I will appreciate it more because it took me so long to get there. The best part is that im already at WL length wise but once the shrinkage kicks in I'm back between APL and SL. That means that I would probably be HL by the time it looks WL curly. That's fine we are in it together. Keep the vitamins, DCs, protective styles, and healthy hair coming!!!!
    3c/4a
    I made it! Tailbone length stretched, WL curly

Teri Laflesh's book "Curly Like Me" sits on my desk and everytime I get frustrated and an impulse tells me to shave my head, I look at it in hopes that one day my hair will graze the top of my butt.

event.png

event.png
    curledlove wrote: »
    Don't worry ladies you are not alone. I too am a victim of 3c shrinkage. If its going to take 10 years, then I will appreciate it more because it took me so long to get there. The best part is that im already at WL length wise but once the shrinkage kicks in I'm back between APL and SL. That means that I would probably be HL by the time it looks WL curly. That's fine we are in it together. Keep the vitamins, DCs, protective styles, and healthy hair coming!!!!

+1,000!
  • rapunzel4everrapunzel4ever Posts: 557Registered Users
    Hi Cgirls, my hair is now tailbone lengte (2a I think) and I would like to follow the CG method, but I am afraid it is not possible to go without poo entirely. I am also used to brush my hair in the evening and braid my hair before I go to sleep. How can I sleep with a braid without combing/brushing my hair when it is this long? What are you long haired curlies/wavies doing with your hair at night?
    Is it possible for wavies (2a) to go without poo or combing when hair is dry, without making hair look stringy?
    My English is not great, I am from the Netherlands, hope you understand ;-)

Sent from my HTC Legend using CurlTalk App
    2B/C-3A) fine - low porosity
    Routine:
    Wash: Daily Fix,SMT, Kesham, Urtekram
    RO: Motions CPR Li, Inecto Cocos co, AO GPB, KCTT
    acv-rinse, sometimes honey-rinse
    LI: coconut oil (winter), CJBC-LI
    Styling: AVG, Etos Solid Power Gel, Taft gel, CJPP, JCCC, BRHG
    Plopping~Pixiecurl diffuse~clipping
    KrullenWijzer.blogspot.nl
  • RusycurlyRusycurly Posts: 717Registered Users
    I'm so totally in!!! My hair has never been that length....mostly because I felt the need to trim my hair every 3
    months or so. My ends are pretty healthy so I'm just going to search and destroy from now on. My hair is about an inch or two below BSL. I think I'm going to start measuring my hair every month so I can motivate myself. Wonder how long it'll take me to reach my goal...
    Hair: 3a, normal porosity and elasticity
    My hair loves: Vatika and Bhringraj oils, adores henna.
    My HGs: Bobeam's shampoo bars, CJAO, CJRM, Original Moxie's Hair Bling, Terressentials,
    :wav:
    Let's hear it for beautiful curls!!!
  • wxgirlcurlwxgirlcurl Posts: 125Registered Users
    Great posts and pics!
    I'm in as well. I used to be waist length until getting regular visits to the salon. I'm currently BSL going for waist length again. I'm taking my vitamins including B complex, drinking rooibos tea and water more religously.

Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk App
    Curl type: 2c/3a F/M ii (2b F underneath - 3a M on top), normal elasticity, low porosity,
    Modified CG since July 2011,
    Conditioners: Tresumme Naturals for RO and L'Oreal Eversleek for LI
    Styler: Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie
    Mousse: HETMS, HESMU or Pantene Curl defining mousse
    Oils: 50/50 Coconut Oil and EVOO (amazing combo!!)
    My Hair Album - Naturally Curly and Straightened
  • KurlyPrincessKurlyPrincess Posts: 1,847Registered Users
    My hair was WL about 2 1/2 years ago.. But then I had to get it cut because my mom thought we had lice (which we didn't), I really didn't like it then because I didn't know that my hair was curly, but when I got it cut I realized that it was. :D Right now it's a little above BSL, but I'm wanting to get it about to mid back.. a little longer then BSL. :) I cut like 6-7" off last month...My hair grows really fast, it's probably already grown back an inch.. :) No vitamins either..
    <3 Our love is like the wind; I can't see it. But I can feel it. <3
    Did a tiny micro self-trim then measured....

30"

Woooo hoooo!! Finally passed BSL curly!! :cheers:
  • coco_bunnycoco_bunny Posts: 216Registered Users
    My overall goal is tail bone length... However waist length is going to be my testing ground...If I can't handle it at waist length there will be NO hope for me at tail bone length.
    BC ~ August 2010 ~ GOAL ~ hip/tail bone length :love4:
    Current Length: 12 inches
    TWO YEARS NATURAL! :occasion1:
    3b/3c VERY naturally porous hair
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • favoritecolorblufavoritecolorblu Posts: 287Registered Users
    coco_bunny wrote: »
    My overall goal is tail bone length... However waist length is going to be my testing ground...If I can't handle it at waist length there will be NO hope for me at tail bone length.

Pshhh. I keep it simple. I wear my hair in buns 95% of the time. 2 percent is ponytail. 2 percent flat iron. 1 percent out and curly. I'm not wearing my hair out until I get to tail bone length stretched. And even then it will only increase to about 5 percent. I think my hair will be about APL curly when it's TBL stretched. I'm excited. :) I'm almost BSL stretched.
    It reaches waist when stretched, but won't truly be waist until there while curly!
  • sekhmet2011sekhmet2011 Posts: 1Registered Users
    I'm definitely in. I'm kind of surprised there are no 4a/4b girls on this thread. But I'm like 1/2 an inch from BSL when stretched and will give myself a little less than a year to get it to waist length while stretched. Wish me luck!
  • ShondadiniShondadini Posts: 205Registered Users
    Hey in 4a/b and right on track with my first hair goal since being natural. I transitioned for a year bc'd in feb and gave myself til the end of sept to be apl. I'm about an inch away so I'll see my progress when I straighten next month
  • Fantastic1221Fantastic1221 Posts: 356Registered Users
    I'm definitely in. I'm kind of surprised there are no 4a/4b girls on this thread. But I'm like 1/2 an inch from BSL when stretched and will give myself a little less than a year to get it to waist length while stretched. Wish me luck!

Hey Im in here. My hair is 3c/4a and I am at APL and my next goal is BSL.
    3c front crown,4a in middle back
    LOIS: OS, thin, dense, cottony

http://dtcp.tumblr.com/"]My Blog
    Hair Regimen

event.png

event.png

event.png
  • LaBeauteBoucleLaBeauteBoucle Posts: 92Registered Users
    LISA LISA wrote: »
    It's amazing how important it is for some women (meaning me :hello2:) to have super long hair to feel beautiful, while some women feel perfectly comfortable cutting it all off.

I feel so much more feminine with long hair and am absolutely traumatized when its any shorter than BSL. I wonder why...

Lol 4 me it's cuz for years I've been hearing how much I look like my older brother :confused2: so I need the hair to make sure I don't look like a boy after all. But you girl are gorgeous regardless :icon_smile:

Good luck!! I'm actually a mix of 3c/4a/4b myself and currently I'm MBL strecthed but only SL curly (damn shrinkage lol)angry9: My ultimate goal is WSL curly so I guess that equals tail bone stretched? I guess I'll give myself about a year to year and a half to get there, depending on how many trims I get in that time (I've already gotten two this year.) Happy growing ladies! :D
    ~MBL curly w/ mostly 4a with a patches of 4b in the front and lil 3c sprinkled in the back~

-I like my men like I love my hair... kinky :afro:

Co-Wash: VO5 Anti-Breakage Conditioner and VO5 Strengthening Conditoner
    Rinse-Out: Tresseme Naturals Nourishing Moisture
    Leave-in: Suave Naturals Conditioner
    Moisturizer: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Cream
    Styler: Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel
    Sealing Oil: Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil
    DC: Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque
  • greenandchicgreenandchic Posts: 2,584Registered Users Curl Neophyte

I'm 4a/3c and a couple inches (I think) from BSL at this point.
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg
  • HateRelationshipHateRelationship Posts: 100Registered Users
    I'm doing this. :) I've been growing for about a year, from about chin-length. Right now it's only shoulder! Ugh!
    I'm growing my hair from chin length to mid-thigh length!
  • Heaven88Heaven88 Posts: 148Registered Users
    I invite you all to my NEW Facebook page is all about hair, skin and anything related with beauty it's called Heavenly Locks... Spread the word and Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
  • Heaven88Heaven88 Posts: 148Registered Users
    This is the link to the page.

http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/profile.php?id=178703022230932&__user=512629513

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
  • PuertoricangirlPuertoricangirl Posts: 428Registered Users
    I'm in :) my hair is waist length wet but my first goal is waist length curly and then maybe right above my booty!
    3A/3B Fine/Medium curly, Low Porosity, Medium density, long length.

*Shampoo & Conditioner: Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and shine
    *Leave-in: Kinky Curly Knot Today and GVP Condtioning Balm
    *Cream Stylers: Shea Moisture Curl enhancing smoothie, Coconut and hibiscus styling milk
    Gels: L.A Looks Sports Gel, and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    *Serum: Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper

:blob7:
  • MissDarceiMissDarcei Posts: 193Registered Users
    Meee :) I am currently APL stretched. I was an inch away from BSL before I got a hair cut at the beginning of the month. I already feel like my hair is longer so I'm not too worried. Aiming for BSL by April and WL by next November. Ultimate goal is hip length though
    3c Hair
    Fine Strands, High Density, Low Porosity
    CG since August 2011
    :love4:Loving my hair!!!:love4:
  • CurlyUniqueCurlyUnique Posts: 94Registered Users
    I've been growing out a pixie cut and now my hair is shoulder length. My goal is waist length for the moment but I'm debating on tailbone length (or hip length) as real goal. I saw this picture of this girl's hair at tailbone length (or hip length I'm not sure which it is) and I really like it.
    2c/3a with some 2b-fine/coarse-iii-low porosity-normal elasticity
    [FONT=&quot]Started CG 10/16/12
    Co-Wash
    :[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Vo5 Kiwi Lime [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Conditioner:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Tresemme Naturals
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Styling Products:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] La Bella Lots of Curls gel [/FONT]
  • Curly SaraCurly Sara Posts: 183Registered Users
    I'm definitely in but since i have 3c hair it will take years to get long curly hair..... Because it shrinks a lot. But i have decided to be patient and moisture my hairends well in order to avoid hairdamage.
    Hair type/properties:
    3c hair, high porosity, mediumdensity, low elasticity, fine hair.

Curly hair routine/regime:
    Combine the modified cg-method (low poo) and a modified tightly curly method.
    -Condition and leave in: Aubrey Organics, Giovanni Barzilian keratin and argan oil
    -Sealer: shea butter, Argan, olive and coconutoil
    -Gel: homemade flaxseed gel, Kinky curly custard, Queen Helene Curl royal shaping creme.
  • Curly SaraCurly Sara Posts: 183Registered Users
    I've been growing out a pixie cut and now my hair is shoulder length. My goal is waist length for the moment but I'm debating on tailbone length (or hip length) as real goal. I saw this picture of this girl's hair at tailbone length (or hip length I'm not sure which it is) and I really like it.

That is really pretty long curly hair. How do you keep your hear healthy and long? What is hair regime? :)
    Hair type/properties:
    3c hair, high porosity, mediumdensity, low elasticity, fine hair.

Curly hair routine/regime:
    Combine the modified cg-method (low poo) and a modified tightly curly method.
    -Condition and leave in: Aubrey Organics, Giovanni Barzilian keratin and argan oil
    -Sealer: shea butter, Argan, olive and coconutoil
    -Gel: homemade flaxseed gel, Kinky curly custard, Queen Helene Curl royal shaping creme.
  • NailuvrNailuvr Posts: 71Registered Users
    I'm trying. It's about 4" past BSL right now with my current 2B waves. Considering two weeks ago I wasn't CG and it was WL when flat ironed and only about 2" above that without, the sudden "loss" in length by going CG is unsettling. I'd love tailbone length, but I'm sure it would piss me off too much.
    2a/b, low-po, medium/medium, HIGH elasticity, 4" past BSL

Co-wash & LI: Suave Naturals Waterfall Mist
    Curl Cream: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
    Styling: FSG

Hunting for the perfect clumping.
  • bleuyteuybleuyteuy Posts: 273Registered Users
    I'm only about 2 inches past apl when my hair is curly so I've got quite a while to make it there at waist length. I have 3 b curls AND I'm tall so it'll be at least a year until I make it, probably longer though.

I'm almost there straight but honestly I'm totally over knowing how long my hair is stretched since I'm never straightening again.
  • anonymous_22139anonymous_22139 Posts: 659Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Kitschy wrote: »
    I'm at waist when I pull my curls out, but it springs right back up to bra length. I'm aiming for tailbone so that it will be waist when it's curly.

Wow, I just read this post by me in April of 2011. My hair is now just past waist/almost hip length curly, and tailbone length when I stretch it out. I'm getting close to a length where I want to maintain, but now I just can't bring myself to cut any length off.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file