dont know what to do anymore!!!!!!

curlwhirlgirlcurlwhirlgirl Registered Users Posts: 10
Im 14 years old and I have tried absolutely everything to make my curls look better. I have brown, frizzy, hair, and its really coarse and rough. Its in between curly and wavy and its a little longer than shoulder-length. I want it to be silky and have big curls. Should I straighten my hair and then curl it? I have tried a perm and that was a disaster. I have tried almmost EVERY product off the shelves and I dont know what to do next. I either want silky big curls or spiral curls. I have links to the types of hair that I could live with.

the first picture on this page:
Hairstyles For Curly Hair | Wedding Come True

what do i dooo??? Im sooo frustrated!:sad10: I dont want to straighten it but im about ready to because I dont know what to do anymore.

Comments

• anonymous_58885anonymous_58885 Registered Users Posts: 75
    OMG! I could have written this post myself! I'm even 14 years old, too :) I used to always straighten my hair because my curls were frizzy, rough, and extremely dry. But I just found out I was using the wrong products. here's what I use and now my hair is soft, shiny, silky, and 100% frizz-free
    ( I do use 'cones)
    Renpure Organics moisturizing shampoo (no sulfates, parabens, colors, dyes, or cones)
    Renpure Organics Moisturizing conditioner (no sulfates, parabens, dyes, colors, or cones)
    Garnier Fructis sleek&shine leave-in conditioner ( has dimethicone)
    VO5 Detangle&Shine spray (Only if I have tangles or want extra shine.. I think it has a 'cone, not sure though)
    Herbal Essences Totally Twisted gel ( has PEG-12 dimethicone- PEG makes it water-soluble)

•I wash every morning with the Shampoo & Conditioner
    •After I towel-dry my hair & before I comb my hair I apply the Garnier leave-in conditioner with my fingers
    •If I have tangles, i'll use the VO5 spray
    •Comb my hair, then use the HETT gel

What type of curls do you have? Mine is a mix of 2c/3a so it may not work for you if you have 3c or 4 hair.

Good luck! :)
    Paul Mitchell Shampoo One

Hair One Cleansing Conditioner (Olive Oil)

Dove Nourishing Curls Whipped Cream Mousse

Not CG

Don't use leave-in conditioner

Straighten hair occasionally. I use Organix Brazilian Keratin Flat Iron Spray to protect from heat damage.

mostly 2b, some 2c, 3a on rare days. Low porosity, medium density, fine texture.
  • curlwhirlgirlcurlwhirlgirl Registered Users Posts: 10
    I have 3a hair. Thank you sooo much for your reply. As soon as I run out of the shampoo and conditioner im using, im off to the store to get the stuff you use!
    THANKS AGAIN!:mrgreen::laughing6::toothy6:
    You're welcome! :) I'd post pictures of my curls but every time I try it always says the file is too big :(
    I'll post some once I figure it out. Good luck!

Not CG

Straighten hair occasionally. I use Organix Brazilian Keratin Flat Iron Spray to protect from heat damage.

mostly 2b, some 2c, 3a on rare days. Low porosity, medium density, fine texture.
    Oh & on the shampoo and conditioner..
    When I bought mine at CVS there was a tag connecting the 2 that says "buy 1 get 1" So I got then both for $6.99, but sometimes they have a $3.00 rebate on them, and i've seen some that says "Try me free! Up to $6.99 rebate" So either way, you're not paying more than $8.00 for both :)

Not CG

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file