Didn't wash my face for two days, but...

myboatissinkinmyboatissinkin Posts: 22Registered Users
(not really by choice)

I didn't break out! I even applied more makeup the next day to cover up dark circles. I don't get it. I took a shower today, felt my face, and it felt smooth. Some of the zits I had before seemed less noticeable to touch as well. How'd this happen?

My usual routine is just to splash my face with cold water in the mornings, then toner, then moisturizer. At night, I remove makeup with Babyface (only on eyes) and wash with Angels on Bare Skin (both by Lush), then toner and moisturizer. Once a week, I'll use a mask. Two weeks ago, I added OCM and steaming to the routine.

Could the OCM be why my face feels okay right now? Or is this a sign that I'm washing my face too much and should lay off a bit? Because, if my face feels so good when not washed, maybe it needed the break.

Comments

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    idk...but I've had a similar experience. One of the few times my acne cleared up was when I lay in bed for 8 days with bronchitis. I was in high school but couldn't go. I don't ever recall getting up even to pee (but obviously I did) so I certainly wasn't washing my face.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • SailaSaila Posts: 1,212Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    What toner do you use? If it has any drying alcohols, maybe your face needed a break from those. I've had similar experiences and I think every once in a while my face just needs a break.
  • pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    About a month ago I read a blog post by a woman who stopped washing her face. She had a new boyfriend and was embarrassed about her acne so she wore her make-up 24-7. She noticed her face was clearing up, so she decided to stop washing it and got good results. I can't find the original link I read, but it is called the caveman regimin on acne.org.
    the caveman regimen - Acne.org Message Boards
    HTH
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file