pre and post texturizer treatment

beautifulsoul06beautifulsoul06 Registered Users Posts: 43
Hello ladies, I am in need of some serious advice.
After months and months of thought, and stalking NC, I have decided to put a texturizer in my hair. I will be doing it on Thursday. I was wondering what you ladies would recommend as a good pre/post treatment option? I bought the Aphogee keratin and green tea restructurizing spray, which I thought I would spray on tomorrow night and then for after my hairdresser texturizes I have the aphogee 2 minute keratin reconstructor deep treatment. Is this sufficient?
Also, since I've never done a texturizer before, do I just to wash my hair, let it dry after applying the treatment and leave it as is?

Thanks for any and all help you can provide!!
Last relaxer: November 28 2009 :happy4:
BC'ed: February 25 2010
A very thick head of tight coils and curls/ 4a
Co Wash: Suave Naturals, V05
Leave-in: KCNT
Stylers: KCCC
Pomades: KCGP

Comments

• SexxyCaramel80SexxyCaramel80 Registered Users Posts: 66
    Hello ladies, I am in need of some serious advice.
    After months and months of thought, and stalking NC, I have decided to put a texturizer in my hair. I will be doing it on Thursday. I was wondering what you ladies would recommend as a good pre/post treatment option? I bought the Aphogee keratin and green tea restructurizing spray, which I thought I would spray on tomorrow night and then for after my hairdresser texturizes I have the aphogee 2 minute keratin reconstructor deep treatment. Is this sufficient?
    Also, since I've never done a texturizer before, do I just to wash my hair, let it dry after applying the treatment and leave it as is?

Thanks for any and all help you can provide!!

are you getting a texturizer kit in the box or a mild relaxer left on for less time? i wouldn't recommend the texturizer kits in the box. the Aphogee spray sounds good as a pre-treatment. anything with hydrolyzed silk or silk amino acids will help protect your hair from alkaline materials. Chi silk infusion would be a good choice also.

i've heard of people using the Aphogee 2 min for 5 minutes before neutralizing to help put some strength back in their hair. i would make sure to deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner after the texturizer. Elucence MBC would be a good choice.

i think you should deep condition, then either air dry or rollerset, or wash & go afterward. i wouldn't use any direct heat so soon.

HTH
    4a/b/3c Natural again after 19 month transition
    pics:http://public.fotki.com/VinDieselsWifey/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file