The difference is amazing

lostchyldlostchyld Registered Users Posts: 11
I decided to go completely prepared product free, so I'm doing BS/ACV washes when my hair wants them. The first week has been awesome. Edit: My cooking experiment seems to have failed, so I'll probably be using CG approved styling gels and hairsprays still.

The first thing I noticed was that my hair immediately got shiney and stayed that way for two days. I think that time will get longer once I've been no-'poo for awhile longer.

The next thing I noticed is that my hair actually feels like hair... That is, there's a different texture to it, it feels coated and when I play with it my hands feel conditioned. I'd assume this is my natural oils.

The other, and biggest thing, I noticed last night when I was washing my hair is that I'm not pulling out handfuls of hair in the wash anymore. I used to get three or four HANDFULS of hair every time I washed. Like more than 20 strands. This time, I think I lost three or so.

Beyond that, not only can I style my hair with less product and expect it to hold, I can do things that were impossible with my hair before. Like braid. When every strand's biggest desire is to be as far from every other strand as possible it gets kind of difficult to braid.

Additionally, I can use bobby pins again. Before no-poo, they'd just slide right out of my hair and it took literally hundreds of them to accomplish the simplest thing. Now I can secure almost anything with them. Like the twist that's controlling the one giant curl in all my regular curls that I woke up with this morning. That's even better manageability than the most manageable my hair has ever been.

Comments

• pinkwolfpinkwolf Registered Users Posts: 430 Curl Novice
    I am glad this is working for you. I do the same thing as you with amazing results. I told my sis about it and now she uses it. And you are right about the shine it is out of this world. If I knew the no poo method was gonna be like this I would've done this years ago.
    I began using no commercial products now I love mixing homemade ingredients with commercial products. For example, my DT is Suave coconut conditioner mixed with honey & EVOO.
    *Natural 3C/TWA* :toothy7:
    Wash: BS/ACV, ABS, KC Come Clean
    Conditioner: Garnier WB Honey Treasures
    , Garnier WB Apple & Green Tea
    Pre-Poo: Oils & Honey Mix
    DC: Garnier WB Honey Treasures Mask, SM 10-N-1

PT: Super Mayo Deep Conditioning Treatment
    Styler:
    KCCC
    Leave-In: KCKT
    Moisturizer:
    Whipped Shea Butter