What's your go to anti-humectant?

I haven't worn my hair straight in months now (yay curls) but when I do feel like straightening it, I don't really have a cg friendly anti-humectant (is there such a thing anyway?) to put on my hair when its dry and done being straightened to keep the straightness locked in. What are people's faves for good ones? Right now I have all things loaded with cones like moroccan oil and sebastian trilliant shine spray - im not even sure if these are antihumectants or just to add shine
can go between 2b-3b (makes styling full of suspense)
poo: WINTER organix pomegranate, sojourn moisture SUMMER nopoo
COwash: Renpure body & shine, TJ's nourish
LI: CJ beauticurls LI, curl rehab
Stylers: WINTER CIAB, cccclite, AG recoil, HE BE mousse SUMMER b'leave in, CK, AG recoil
2nd day Refresher: JCCC after water spritzing

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    I'm bumping this because it's a great question and nobody answered yet. C'mon people- give us some suggestions. :toothy2:
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • TaraVictoriaTaraVictoria Registered Users Posts: 374
    I have to say that Aveda used to make a really good anti humecant - I liked both the humectant and anti... They were great. I don't use them too much more now because I don't straighten 1/2 as much. I don't like any of the Aveda curly line though - just those 2 products.
    From time to time I use a little shea butter when I straighten, it doesn't leave my hair greasy and it seems to add some sheen and it doesn't curl up... I also use some of the wax pomades after I straighten - they also help with some shine and keep it straight...
    Tara - have a curly day!!!

LA Looks Curl Gel, Sauve Naturals conditioners Waterlily, CK, Deva Archangel , LOOB (has its days)...
    Deva One - LOVE it!!!!!!!

Botticelli's Flax Seed Hair Gel (a DIY!!!) THANKS Botticelli!!!!!!
    Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Creme (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!)
    Shea Moisture Smoothie - GREAT stuff!

:angel5::angel5:
    for the love of the lens...

http://animafoto.smugmug.com/

www.animafoto.wordpress.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file