Pintura Highlights NOT at Devachan, NYC??

NerdycurlNerdycurl Posts: 87Registered Users
Hi everyone-

I've never gotten my hair colored before, and I'm interested in getting some highlights. I'm mostly interested in the Pintura highlights touted by Deva, but I can't seem to find any place around me that offers them (Philadelphia area). Is Devachan in NYC the ONLY place that does them?

I'm looking into getting a Deva cut at a salon near me--alternately, do you think a Deva-trained stylist might understand highlighting curls better? The idea of the cap and foils thing scares me...

Any suggestions would be appreciated :)
3b I think :)

Current rotation: CJ Daily Fix Cleansing Condish, Suave Coconut, AOHR, CJCCCC, KKKT, KCCC
HGs: EcoStyler, Coconut oil, KY, ACV, BRHG, LOOB, Curl Rehab, Deva AnGel, GTTT Condish, CIAB!
<3 Curl Junkie <3

Comments

• Auntie BubbsAuntie Bubbs Posts: 1,068Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You should be able to find a Deva-trained stylist to do pintura highlights. I know my stylist can do them (she's Deva trained, and been cutting my hair for a couple of years). You'll probably have to look up salons with Deva stylists, then call and ask if they do pintura. Then what you might want to do is, if possible, after you find a salon (or more than one) that does pintura, check out the salon and see if the stylist has a photo portfolio you can look at to see his or her work, esp. his/her work as a colorist.
    I checked this board for stylist reviews as a starting point, and started calling from there. I chose a stylist from a salon that had alot of good reviews, with alot of Deva trained stylists that had good reviews. If you can do that for your area, that's a good starting point, too.
    Good luck!
    That's me with FSG as my styler!!

3b. fine & thick, coarse, dry, medium porosity. Sucks up product and loves ACVs! FSG is my HG!

Currently using:
    Low Poo: TJ's Refresh No Poo: CoWash w/VO-5; Sonoma Soap Company sulfate-free poo
    RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
    Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
  • NerdycurlNerdycurl Posts: 87Registered Users
    Thanks!
    3b I think :)

Current rotation: CJ Daily Fix Cleansing Condish, Suave Coconut, AOHR, CJCCCC, KKKT, KCCC
    HGs: EcoStyler, Coconut oil, KY, ACV, BRHG, LOOB, Curl Rehab, Deva AnGel, GTTT Condish, CIAB!
    <3 Curl Junkie <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file