Starting CG Method Today! Super fine hair!

Hi All,

So today I am starting the CG Method! I have been lurking in the forums for a bit, and finally got to Sally Beauty yesterday to pick up some materials!

This morning I did my final "Sulfate" wash to get rid of any cones. I then did a PT - The "Ion Repair Soutions Effective Care Treatment", followed by GVP Conditioning Balm. I wide tooth combed, then when rinsing out the GVP I attempted the "Icequeen" method - I added a bit of Suave Coconut. I then shut off the water and blotted with my microfiber towel. I then used about 1 TBSP of Biotera styling gel, scrunching it in. I then plopped, and finally stood up (that was alot of being upsidedown!).

I plopped for maybe 3-4 minutes (while I got dressed), and then air dryed. My profile pic is what I ended up with!

Not to shabby I guess. I'm dying to see if my hair gets curlier if I don't straighten EVERYDAY.

Any fine hair'd girlies have recommendations? I especially would appreciate recommendations for gel/curl enhancer/leave in products. Also if you reply I can steal products from your sig!
CG - starting 11/20/10
3a (I think?) - Fine - Low density (i) - Medium Porosity

Products so far:
Co-wash: Suave Coconut
Rinse Out: GVP Conditioning Balm
Leave in: Suave Coconut
Gel: Biotera Styling Gel

Comments

• justajesuschickjustajesuschick Posts: 1,657Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Welcome! Now give me your hair!! Gorgeous! I'd say that you did things right!
    I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
    2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity
    CG since 7/1/2010

Cleanse: Abba Color Protect
    Condition: DevaCurl OC
    LI: CJ-Deep Fix, Beauticurls LI
    Curl Enhancer: CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
    Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
    Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler, CJRM
  • SbudskySbudsky Posts: 261Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm still experimenting with it myself, but the Spiral Solutions line seems to be the best for fine curlies because it accounts for both your moisture and protein needs.

Right now, I'm having good luck with Kinky Curly Curling Custard (KCCC) with Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee or Giovanni LA Natural Gel layered over it, but I do need to do frequent protein treatments to balance out the moisture in the KCCC.

Hi All,

So today I am starting the CG Method! I have been lurking in the forums for a bit, and finally got to Sally Beauty yesterday to pick up some materials!

This morning I did my final "Sulfate" wash to get rid of any cones. I then did a PT - The "Ion Repair Soutions Effective Care Treatment", followed by GVP Conditioning Balm. I wide tooth combed, then when rinsing out the GVP I attempted the "Icequeen" method - I added a bit of Suave Coconut. I then shut off the water and blotted with my microfiber towel. I then used about 1 TBSP of Biotera styling gel, scrunching it in. I then plopped, and finally stood up (that was alot of being upsidedown!).

I plopped for maybe 3-4 minutes (while I got dressed), and then air dryed. My profile pic is what I ended up with!

Not to shabby I guess. I'm dying to see if my hair gets curlier if I don't straighten EVERYDAY.

Any fine hair'd girlies have recommendations? I especially would appreciate recommendations for gel/curl enhancer/leave in products. Also if you reply I can steal products from your sig!
    waves, loose coils, and cherub curls (=mixed 2s through 3a), very fine texture overall (but with medium and even coarse strands scattered throughout)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file