HELP! I'm new and in big need of hair advice D:

lizzlovesyoulizzlovesyou Registered Users Posts: 3
Hi guys (:
So, I'm a major newbie (just signed up about 10 minutes ago!) and I need some big help.

My hair is somewhere between 2B and 3A, depending on what it feels like doing that day. I shampoo every 3 days with Herbal Essences Hydralicious (the purple one) and use conditioner every day. I scrunch with Aussie leave-in conditioner and Herbal Essences Totally Twisted mousse, along with a bit of hairspray for hold.

My problem?
I want 3A hair every day! But sometimes, my curls just refuse to define themselves, and they turn into clumpy waves with frizzy curls on top. Lately, I've taken to wearing my hair up in a messy bun every day.

I am a hs student, and I do have to leave for school at 6:30, (I wake up at 5:30), so I don't have an abundance of time.

Any tips are appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• organiquecurlyfryorganiquecurlyfry Registered Users Posts: 21
    hello i am also a newbie to CG!
    well since you put your hair into a bun
    have you specifcally heard of the pineapple technique??

here's a link to a girl has a tutorial for the
    pineapple technique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKVk8Jb_WHo
    (it basically shows you: before you go to sleep you put a lit bit of gel/hello hydration or whatever you would use and place your hair in a bun right @ the top of your head...usually using a scarf or hooded band <i heard that the hooded bands works better>

i hope i helped just a tiny bit..
    omg... i know right! it sucks having to wake extra early for our curly hair...life... >.<
    3c/4a
    Conditioners: Tresemme Naturals, Hello Hydration,
    Kinky Curly Knot Today
    Deep Conditioner: Neutrogena Triple Moisture
    Oils: Coconut, Argan, & Olive Oil
    Styling Gels: Ecostyler (olive oil), KCCC
    Moisturizers: H20, Coconut and Olive Oil, AOHC
  • organiquecurlyfryorganiquecurlyfry Registered Users Posts: 21
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuUwHwWTV5g&feature=related

this is another link to the pineapple technique...
    3c/4a
    Conditioners: Tresemme Naturals, Hello Hydration,
    Kinky Curly Knot Today
    Deep Conditioner: Neutrogena Triple Moisture
    Oils: Coconut, Argan, & Olive Oil
    Styling Gels: Ecostyler (olive oil), KCCC
    Moisturizers: H20, Coconut and Olive Oil, AOHC
  • TammieLeeTammieLee Registered Users Posts: 8
    Hi guys (:
    So, I'm a major newbie (just signed up about 10 minutes ago!) and I need some big help.

My hair is somewhere between 2B and 3A, depending on what it feels like doing that day. I shampoo every 3 days with Herbal Essences Hydralicious (the purple one) and use conditioner every day. I scrunch with Aussie leave-in conditioner and Herbal Essences Totally Twisted mousse, along with a bit of hairspray for hold.

My problem?
    I want 3A hair every day! But sometimes, my curls just refuse to define themselves, and they turn into clumpy waves with frizzy curls on top. Lately, I've taken to wearing my hair up in a messy bun every day.

I am a hs student, and I do have to leave for school at 6:30, (I wake up at 5:30), so I don't have an abundance of time.

well hello there!! to help your curls define themselves i would recommed looking into the CG(curlygirl) method. just a little summary of the CG is that you loose all sulfate(cheap ingredient to make shampoos foam) shampoo and condish. most if not all drugstore shamp& condish have this in there, including your Herbal Essences.
    i believe that if you alter this CG method to your liking that you will achieve 3A curls more often then what you have now! but the main thing that is killing your curls is the sulfate. dont trust the label if it states that it doesnt have sulfate in it. you should check the ingredient label to be sure. if you have any other questions about your hair, a good website to help you learn more is www.livecurlylivefree.com

i wish you luck!!
    normal-medium porosity, high density, normal elasticity, course 3b/3c, protein-sensitive, & Modified CG:thumbleft:
    cleanser- Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap, lavender (bar)
    condish- Giovanni Smooth as Silk
    leave in- Giovanni Smooth as Silk
    oils-olive oil

currently: (Dec.19) twist out challenge till Jan 4. Jan 4-straighten and trimmed.

*upcoming possessions: FSG, avocado butter, raw shea butter, MyHoneyChild & OyinHandMade products.

Jesus is all the man i need!
  • anonymous_60337anonymous_60337 Registered Users Posts: 22
    Hi guys (:

My problem?

hey lizzlovesyou
    first of all welcome! :) I'm pretty new too. I've been attempting the curlygirl method for about 2 months now and I love love it! I was so confused by everything at first..why I wasn't allowed to shampoo? I could only use certain conditioners..etc. I found a GREAT youtube channel that explains everything easily! Her techniques are amazing and they're really easy to use variations of for your own hair and your own preferences. She's hs/college aged so I think you'll relate easily to her since she doesn't have a ton of money or time. :)

YouTube - waterlily716's Channel
    3b, shoulder-length, cut all one length
    Co-wash: VO5 or Suave Naturals
    Conditioners: Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine
    Leave in: Tresemme Naturals
    Gel: LA Looks 9 Hold

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file