Evan Healy Pom Repair Serum High 5

xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I have been using this serum for about a month now. I used as a moisturizer. I started using it by putting 1 drop in my palm, rubbing them together and then patting my face. I felt I was not getting it on evenly so I started spraying my face/neck with rose water and then a couple of squirts in my palm, then the 1 drop of the serum and then rubbing my hands together and then smoothing on to my face and neck.

My skin tone has totally evened out and my pores have gotten smaller. This is expensive - $30 for a very small bottle but I have not even gone through a quarter of the bottle yet and I have had it for a month.

I had such issues with moisturizers being to oily for my combo skin or not being moisturizing enough if I purchased one for acne prone skin. This is the perfect balance. It soaks in without feeling greasy.

Since my time on antibiotics in the spring/early summer my acne breakouts are gone and between this and the dermalogica medibac face wash I have not had any breakouts. The dermalogica face wash is not cheap either but again, it's so concentrated the bottles lasts me over 6 months. I am going to check the brand for one that I can use in the winter as this one is drying my face out a bit now the weather is cooler.
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

Comments

• VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks for this post. I'm really happy that you've found such great products that work for you. I'll definitely have to check them out. I've been trying to clear up my face again lately, and although it really hasn't been horrible, it's annoying. Which antibiotic did the doc put you on and for how long? That's so awesome you haven't broken out since then....probably would be a record for me. Congrats! :)

ETA: I always put my moisturizer on the way you described, no matter the consistency...I spritz my face and fingertips w/distilled water, add a little of whatever I'm using, then spread all around. I think it goes on more sheer that way. I do this w/sunscreen as well (when I use it).
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
    Is this and this what you're using? :)

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    VTmom wrote: »
    Is this and this what you're using? :)

Those are the ones VTmom. Like I said, I am going to try Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel in the dryer/colder weather (I had this in my arsenal back when I was breaking out but nothing was working then). If I see any issues I will be right back with the dermologica!! I have to say-I hate to sound like an advertisement but I have never seen any actual difference in my skin tone or pore size when I have used any other product but I really have to say with the Evan Healy I really did!

My derm put me on dynacin 100mg once a day- I probably took it for 2 months. I saw improvement pretty quickly. At a follow up she dropped me down to 50 mg for another month. I have not taken any since early summer (I think).

It was almost like my body/skin needed something to help it and once the antibiotic did it's thing my skin was 'reset'.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
    I'm really glad your skin is doing so well. Mine has been "okay." Not too bad (except for the one really ugly one I have right now :) ), not real great. But I always like to have a Plan B. Thanks again for the info.

BTW, @ the antibiotic - so you were on 100 mg for 2 months and 50 mg for an additional month (for 3 months total)? or do you mean a total of 2 months 1 at 100 mg and 1 at 50?

• xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    VTmom wrote: »
    I'm really glad your skin is doing so well. Mine has been "okay." Not too bad (except for the one really ugly one I have right now :) ), not real great. But I always like to have a Plan B. Thanks again for the info.

BTW, @ the antibiotic - so you were on 100 mg for 2 months and 50 mg for an additional month (for 3 months total)? or do you mean a total of 2 months 1 at 100 mg and 1 at 50?

It was 3 months total-2 months at 100 mg and 1 month at 50 mg. I found the dermatologist a good move for me.

I know how frustrating break outs can be -I wish you luck!!
    Central Massachusetts

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file