Things I can do now...

Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Registered Users Posts: 955
that I couldn't do before I began transitioning/became natural. I had 3 separate experiences this week that got me wondering how people's lives have changed since they became natural or began transitioning.

I was watching this wks episode of "Running Russell Simmons" & Amber Rose (who is natural by the way) was in the pool w/2 of Russell's employees & one went too far in and her hair got soaked & she was very upset about it. Then my mom was getting ready to leave the house & she was having a fit bc she 'couldn't get her hair wet by the rain' then I was watching a re-run of Black girls rock when one of the speakers mentioned how black girls run from rain.

All of this got me thinking ab how my as well as others lives have changed/become easier or more carefree since taking this natural journey. I personally am taking showers w/out a shower cap on anymore (and I have to say I love it!) not only is it freeing but it makes for some carefree fun in the shower w/my fiancee:occasion5: & I can't wait until the summer comes again & I can get in the pool and not be afraid of getting my hair wet.

Has anyone else's life changed or become easier since starting this journey?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
(Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)

Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's

event.png

event.png

Comments

• CSICSI Registered Users Posts: 140
    I have to agree. I feel so much happier and less stressed. I feel that my personality has even changed alot. I take myself less seriously and that's improved my relationship with everyone all around. Who would've thunk it? :)
  • curlyclo89curlyclo89 Registered Users Posts: 173
    Yes! There's so much more I can do and less I have to worry about!

-I can walk in the rain/snow
    -I can go swimming
    -I can shower without putting my hair up
    -My hair can look different every day
    -If my hair gets messed up all I have to do is get it wet

and my favorite…… I can WORKOUT REGULARLY!
    :sunny: 3c/4a; medium porosity; high elasticity; M; iii

• Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Registered Users Posts: 955
    ITA w/u both. I also feel that I have become more "accepting" of myself since I have begun this journey. I am not a person who has ever lacked self-confidence however we all have our moments. I was speaking w/my fiancee the other day and talking ab how I wasn't going to color my hair anymore (I was only dying it black bc my hair is naturally brown but he never wanted me to in the first place) & he stated that he didn't understand how he could accept/love me the way I was yet I couldn't...

It makes u think ab the way u believe u are being perceived by others huh? Either way it seems like such a small thing but its the message behind it. I accept my nose, my hips, my thighs & yes...even my brown hair...as a matter of fact not only do I accept it but I luv it bc w/out it I wouldn't be me!

Also I can't wait to dance in the rain & watch my hair curl rt bk up!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)

Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's

event.png

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file