flax-seed cream?

SmoochSmooch FLRegistered Users Posts: 51
Has anyone else heard of this? I'm unsure of how one would go about making it. :/

Any ideas? Maybe mix the gel with shea butter?
3 a/b. Dark-medium brown.
Natural products: eggs, lemon juice, honey, aloe vera gel. Cone free stylers.
Suave and VO5!!!

Comments

• afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Kansas CityRegistered Users Posts: 5,400 Curl Connoisseur
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • missbanjomissbanjo ColoradoRegistered Users Posts: 3,088 Curl Neophyte
    Dang can't get to that link afrosheenqueen (at work) so I can't compare.

Smooch:
    I've been expiramenting with adding shea butter to my FSG. I definitely like it but I'm still messing around with it.
    Last one I made was 6 Tbsps of my FSG base and 1/2 Tbsp shea butter.
    Hmm thinking about it I use aloe vera juice in my base, I think I'm going to make some with just distilled water and see how that goes.
    Southern Colorado Curly
    Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Kansas CityRegistered Users Posts: 5,400 Curl Connoisseur
    The website I referenced needs to be updated or something but you can still see the recipe along the side. I'm sure Google will pull up some other variations.

I'm currently experimenting with almond butter & oils + an emulsifier with the FSG. I'm leary about mixing oils and water without one.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • SmoochSmooch FLRegistered Users Posts: 51
    I haven't ever actually made any flax seed gel, :laughing4: but I plan to, since everyone seems to like it so much. :) When you make it, do you use tap water? Or is there some kind of special water you use? What do you normally put in it (EO, mag. sulfate, etc.) ? Sorry bout all the questions ;P

Here is the recipe from afrosheenqueen's link :
    4-5 tablespoons unrefined shea butter
    2-3 tbsp coconut oil
    1 oz. avocado oil
    4 oz flax seed gel (thick)

It says to first mix the shea with the oils, and then whip in the flax seed gel with the rest of it.

afrosheenqueen, thanks for the link! How is yours working for you?
    Suave and VO5!!!
    Your welcome! I like my concoction but I prefer a bit more water when I do it next time.

Some people prefer distilled but I use regular tap water. HTH.

SL APL BSL MBL
  • missbanjomissbanjo ColoradoRegistered Users Posts: 3,088 Curl Neophyte
    I'll definitely have to try that recipe, it's very different than mine.

The small amout of water I use is tap water which is hard well water. I really need to start getting distillled water, it'll probably be a whole different FSG. LOL
    Southern Colorado Curly
    Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair
  • SmoochSmooch FLRegistered Users Posts: 51
    =)
    Suave and VO5!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file