Santa Requests

inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
I know it's a tiny bit early but do you know what your kids are asking Santa for this year? I was hoping to get some ideas for other kids we have to buy for. :) Sneaky I know.

Chas (4) wants a black grill like Daddy has. We found him a great pretend grill. I'm just thankful he thought of something because he was asking for another Spiderman bike which Santa brought him last year.

Addison (2) - to young to ask but she's getting a 3 piece wooden kitchen...we picked up at the pottery barn outlet a year ago.

Comments

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    My kid loves books.
    Grill is a great idea.
    My little one also has one of those work benches. It's amazing all the cool pretend play stuff they have out!
  • mad scientistmad scientist Registered Users Posts: 3,530 Curl Neophyte
    DS wants everything he sees.

I'm going to get him a Tonka Lights and Sounds Helicopter (we bought one for his friend's birthday last month and he won't stop talking about it).

That might be it for toys. He'll get a game for his DS and some books.

DD doesn't ask for anything yet but she also likes trucks, so I'm going to get her a Tonka Firetruck. I also got her a "Pucci Pup" which is a stuffed doggie in a tote bag with a brush and dog bowl. She's into doggies, so I think she'll like it.

After that I'm not sure. Its also DD's birthday on Christmas so I should probably get her something else.

• SigiSigi Registered Users Posts: 2,379
    My 8 and 6 year olds both want iPhone 4s. :sign6: LOL, maybe in 10 or so years.

Other than that, their lists are pretty similar. Legos, Pokemon stuff, radio, video games.

Soren likes Toy Story and Backyardigans so I already bought him some Backyardigan dvds, and will probably get him some Toy Story toys.
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    Sigi, my 5 year old asked for an Ipod Touch. Yeah, I'll bet right on that, as soon as I have my own :roll:

She is getting the Barbie Dream Townhouse, which was another request (and which I want to play with, lol)

The 2 year old is getting GeoTrax and some toy animals (he specifically requested a fox and a deer).

The 9 year old is getting the setup for an anole and a tackle box as per his request.

They will all have their art supplies refilled, and I usually also get them some books and clothes.
  • CGNYCCGNYC Registered Users Posts: 4,938 Curl Connoisseur
    Have mercy. My child just told me she wants Santa to bring Scooby to a big stage at our house so she can meet him. There happens to be some kind of Scooby event to raise money for some...I don't know, museum or something about an hour away. I HOPE we can still get tickets. I think this kind of wish fulfillment may not be the healthiest thing in the world but she had a huge set back last weekend and went from walking normally on Friday to totally unable to walk on Monday and my mommy-ness wants to do anything in the world that will be special and make her happy. So off to Scooby Whatever The Heck This Is we go, I guess.
    CGNYC wrote: »
    Have mercy. My child just told me she wants Santa to bring Scooby to a big stage at our house so she can meet him. There happens to be some kind of Scooby event to raise money for some...I don't know, museum or something about an hour away. I HOPE we can still get tickets. I think this kind of wish fulfillment may not be the healthiest thing in the world but she had a huge set back last weekend and went from walking normally on Friday to totally unable to walk on Monday and my mommy-ness wants to do anything in the world that will be special and make her happy. So off to Scooby Whatever The Heck This Is we go, I guess.

Oh goodness, your poor sweetie! I hope you can get her to the Scooby event! If not, I'm sure your DH would look smashing in a Scooby outfit.

• Jess the MessJess the Mess Registered Users Posts: 5,844 Curl Neophyte
    DD has been asking for a beach cruiser "like Mommy's" so I bought this today. I know she is going to love it!

We're getting DS a used 360. We are all big gamers so sharing has become an issue. He's gonna flip.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• nynaeve77nynaeve77 Registered Users Posts: 7,135 Curl Novice
    DD wants everything. If it's in a commercial, she wants it. With that said, she really wants a Disney Princess & Me Ariel doll. I think we're also getting her a Hello Kitty mp3 player. DS is easy, since he's a baby. :) We'll get him a few little toys and books, plus some clothes.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • Scuba GalScuba Gal Registered Users Posts: 383
    Holden wants everything, but I am steering him toward the boy "Dollhouse" at Costco- it is like a firestation, police station, etc...

Maggie knows she can ask for one present from Santa and she wants her "big girl" computer, which I also suggested, as I already bought it, but she also wants a Hula Hoop.

We really only do one "Santa" present and then stockings are from Santa, but I might cave on the Hula Hoop since my friend has 5 left over from her daughters birthday and it is free.

Everything else on her list she is divvying up for the rest of the year (well, I can get my PillowPet for my birthday, and my American Girl Dress for next Christmas...)

She is 4 so she is being logical about it :)
  • subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    majerle (3) wants everything too. but there are certain things she really really wants that she makes me come in and watch the commercials for. off of her must have list i've already gotten her a go go my walking pup, a lalaloopsy doll, a teacup piggy, hungry hungry hipppos, 5 little monkeys jumping on the bed, some hello kitty pajamas.

the other things she's asked for are a remote controlled helicopter, moon dough, zhu zhu pets, a dora doll house, and a disney princess and me tiana doll. she needs to get a job.
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Registered Users Posts: 7,135 Curl Novice
    subbrock wrote: »
    majerle (3) wants everything too. but there are certain things she really really wants that she makes me come in and watch the commercials for. off of her must have list i've already gotten her a go go my walking pup, a lalaloopsy doll, a teacup piggy, hungry hungry hipppos, 5 little monkeys jumping on the bed, some hello kitty pajamas.

the other things she's asked for are a remote controlled helicopter, moon dough, zhu zhu pets, a dora doll house, and a disney princess and me tiana doll. she needs to get a job.

I think our daughters might be the same person. LOL BTW, if the moon dough is anything like moon sand, run! I got some for Danae's birthday and it was awful. It took me a week to get it all vacuumed up.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    DD (who will turn 3 right before Christmas) wants a football helmet. DD (just turned 6) wants more American Girl stuff and those Barbie heads whose hair you can style and whose face you can make up and whatnot.

• curly_keltiecurly_keltie Registered Users Posts: 791
    My DS also seems to want everything he sees on television, but he says he is asking Santa for "Hamster with armous" aka Kung Zhu hamsters. From Santa, he is getting two hamsters and two armours. In his stocking, he is getting a shark bathrobe.
    Long, blonde, 3a/mostly b hair.

78Da.jpg78Dam6.png
  • subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    nynaeve77 wrote: »
    I think our daughters might be the same person. LOL BTW, if the moon dough is anything like moon sand, run! I got some for Danae's birthday and it was awful. It took me a week to get it all vacuumed up.

i think so too! :) i've heard moon sand is horrible, so i'm staying far away from that. i think moon dough is just like play-doh (which i hate), except it doesn't dry out.
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
    Scuba Gal wrote: »
    Holden wants everything, but I am steering him toward the boy "Dollhouse" at Costco- it is like a firestation, police station, etc...

Chas has this. We bought it last year. He loves it. I noticed they have even more pieces to it now. It's very sturdy. The thing I liked is that it was mostly put together.
  • Scuba GalScuba Gal Registered Users Posts: 383
    Scuba Gal wrote: »

Chas has this. We bought it last year. He loves it. I noticed they have even more pieces to it now. It's very sturdy. The thing I liked is that it was mostly put together.

good to know, because Kevin is in charge of that on Christmas Eve, he will be relieved to know it won't take him 5 hours! :laughing5:
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Registered Users Posts: 996 Curl Connoisseur
    Just finished shopping (online) and am excited. Our boys are little and like the same things, so it was fairly easy. Construction and garbage trucks are big favorites, so that was the theme, with a little Toy Story mixed in. They get one big combined "Santa" gift and then one gift each from us, my parents, my aunt, my brother and my DH's family. Stockings are for treats, not toys at our house, so no extra little plastic junk to buy/lose. I think I'll do a chocolate Santa each and maybe some M&M's.

I think the only thing we have to build is the garbage truck from my aunt. DH and my dad will work on that on Christmas Eve. Otherwise, it's all ready to go. They are getting the Toy Story 3 landfill play set with the extra garbage truck from Santa. If they open that first, I'm betting they will forget the rest of the packages.

Hmm. I may be more excited than they are. I love that they are getting older and more aware of things and I can't wait to see their little faces Christmas morning.
    :santa:
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • ruralcurlsruralcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,574
    My oldest daughter, 6, wants all things baby- a doll, car seat, stroller, etc. Apparently, having 3 real, live, babies over the past few years just isn't enough.

Of course, the other girls want what she wants.

Also, I found this
    jAp4cnLk9yte2-cqyCYtBIr7asjtO0jGLu8_OvXXNlAgdiPjuL3b3Uwk_B-ucyVdKdykzv1GT0eUiP-Z1wp45KjQR8DUfyWwdCgDx8oA5I9T2TsqX6sMTyN0D_wHMgxA4rkzjy_ZAkG7jS0K_IJF2nqq1-pvn_8RgKpwJLYUZqqWuzKkd9U at Amazon. I hope they like it.

Have no idea what to get my 10 month old son. He is pretty much happy playing with anything his sisters give him.
  • MunchyMunchy Registered Users Posts: 5,206 Curl Novice
    BK (3) wants everything. I got her pretty much everything that Disney makes, plus a bunch of doll accessories and barbies. Even the woman at the store asked me how many kids I have and when I said one, she was shocked. Oh, well - one shopping trip and some movies from amazon worked in my favor.

What BK keeps asking for that she will NOT get is "a Nintendo DS with stylus." 1) DS is too hard. 2) What kind of three year old says "stylus?"

• MunchyMunchy Registered Users Posts: 5,206 Curl Novice
    ruralcurls wrote: »
    My oldest daughter, 6, wants all things baby- a doll, car seat, stroller, etc. Apparently, having 3 real, live, babies over the past few years just isn't enough.

I got BK a Disney princess playset for $30 at Big Lots.

Disney Princess 5-in-1 Play Set with Doll | ProductDetailPage | Disney Store

• shellibeanshellibean Registered Users Posts: 4,500
    <R-3yrs.>
    Stinky the Garbage Truck, Leapster Explorer, From Grandma & Grandpa: Bikew/ training wheels w/ and helmet & pads. Anything dinosaurs.
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • AmnerisAmneris Registered Users Posts: 15,117
    I know it's a tiny bit early but do you know what your kids are asking Santa for this year? I was hoping to get some ideas for other kids we have to buy for. :) Sneaky I know.

Chas (4) wants a black grill like Daddy has. We found him a great pretend grill. I'm just thankful he thought of something because he was asking for another Spiderman bike which Santa brought him last year.

Addison (2) - to young to ask but she's getting a 3 piece wooden kitchen...we picked up at the pottery barn outlet a year ago.

My almost 3.5 year old, to my great disappointment, wants all kinds of action (read: violent!) toys he sees other kids have. Transformers, which I can live with, along with the Iron Man Walking toys, Bakugans, Wolverine Claw, Air Hogs rifle, any kind of "blasters"(what he calls guns) etc. Of those, all he's allowed to have are the Transformers, but that's what he likes. He also likes any kind of lego, Hot Wheels cars and the tracks, Thomas trains, lego sets etc. anything to do with robots and books with action heroes (Spiderman, Superman, Batman etc.) and he wants but is definitely NOT getting video games. (V-tech has some good educational computer/video games etc. but he already has those, which I recommend - he wants X-Box action games - uh, NO.)
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• AmnerisAmneris Registered Users Posts: 15,117
    shellibean wrote: »
    <R-3yrs.>
    Stinky the Garbage Truck, Leapster Explorer, From Grandma & Grandpa: Bikew/ training wheels w/ and helmet & pads. Anything dinosaurs.

Oh, J wants Stinky too - I was thinking of getting him that.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

Amneris wrote: »
    My almost 3.5 year old, to my great disappointment, wants all kinds of action (read: violent!) toys he sees other kids have. Transformers, which I can live with, along with the Iron Man Walking toys, Bakugans, Wolverine Claw, Air Hogs rifle, any kind of "blasters"(what he calls guns) etc. Of those, all he's allowed to have are the Transformers, but that's what he likes. He also likes any kind of lego, Hot Wheels cars and the tracks, Thomas trains, lego sets etc. anything to do with robots and books with action heroes (Spiderman, Superman, Batman etc.) and he wants but is definitely NOT getting video games. (V-tech has some good educational computer/video games etc. but he already has those, which I recommend - he wants X-Box action games - uh, NO.)

We got a Vtech Vsmile console as as hand-me-down and bought the portable version (Cyberpocket). Then we recently ended up with a Nintendo DS. Guess what? Karan likes the Vtech better than the DS. So his Dad and I play with the Nintendo. ;-)

They used to sell these really cute Transformers Bumper Battlers - basically autobot cars that make some noises and "transform". My kids still love to play with them. I don't know why they discontinued them - they were the perfect Transformers for the preschooler set. Not scary or violent at all. I have to admit that the physics geek in me thinks Bakugans are pretty darn cool. Both my kids love those too. We've thus far avoided the rest of the action crowd (mostly by avoiding the tv shows!).

Anyways, we ended up opening presents on Saturday since we are travelling for the holidays. It was mostly Lego Star Wars stuff for DS - a wrist watch, a big book and a couple of lego sets. And a random assortment of stuffed things (Zhuzhu pets, pet dogs) for DD. They were both happy.

• TrenellTrenell Registered Users Posts: 3,562 Curl Connoisseur
    Amneris wrote: »

So does Isaiah!! I let him have the Bakugans but not the blasters. He asked for a NERF blaster. No sir. Funny, during the Christmas Season at Disney we do a Holiday Glee club, blah blah blah, anyhoo we Sing the 12 Days of Christmas with volunteers saying what they really want, this little boy mentioned the same blaster, I almost yelled "NO!"

He got a Leapster Explorer for his birthday. I found a attachment that transforms it into a photo and video camera, so i got that for him.
  • webjockeywebjockey Registered Users Posts: 2,786
    My kids (3.5 and 2) don't know about the whole asking stuff for christmas thing as yet. I did get them a cardboard playhouse I found on sale at Tuesday Morning which they love. I think it may even last for a while.
    hello.world.
  • RheannaRheanna Registered Users Posts: 2,614
    This is over now and Ava didn't really know what was going on this year, but I chuckled at some of the comments. A friend of mine gave their daughter an iPhone for her 9th birthday and their other daughter (not yet 5.5) an iPod touch for Christmas. So it does happen. Although I find it silly myself. LOL.
    DPTFm5.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file