Newbie from S.Fla

dimples27dimples27 Posts: 3Registered Users
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the site and have gotten tons of information in the last few weeks. Currently I'm at a crossroads with my hair. I think I have 3C curls. For years I have used a relaxer to loosen my curls. I usually only do this process once-a-year, but recently I've noticed that my new growth has come in way too soon. And unlike the past, the new growth is not meshing well with the rest of my hair. I'm usually able to get by for most of the year without having to do touch-ups.

So, this has caused me once again to question the whole relaxer thing. I'm just plain tired of it. Since I am now contemplating a transition to my natural curls, I've been doing a lot of research on this site to make that process easier. I just hope this time I can stick with it. Usually I get fed up and revert back to my old ways :love5:. Thanks for all the great info.

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome to our community! We're so glad to have you!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • caribcurlscaribcurls Posts: 163Registered Users
    Hi dimples, I'm from S. FL too! I transitioned because of this site. I found myself questioning if relaxers were really worth it, and after doing a little research decided to take the plunge. I transitioned for a little over a year an a half, and recently (during the summer) cut off all my relaxed hair.

From my experience, it was worth it and I'm very happy! You'll find that the great majority of the ladies on this site are quite lovely and very helpful. Glad you decided to join!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file