A Hi and a HELP!

RLeeRLee Registered Users Posts: 11
Hello,

I'm new to worrying about my hair as I just got out of the military and am excited to see what it looks like grown out! (hoping to like a... medium length) I just don't know what to do with it?/How to grow it out correctly. I want to grow it out but I don't know if that means not cutting the sides and back at all? Or am I supposed to cut the sides and back a little so it's somewhat more tapered and not as poof'ish? I'm also not sure what medium styles I can do with my hair if any since my hair's texture is so weird..

Appreciate any help!

I took a look at the hair type chart and think I'm a 3c maybe?

My hair pushed forward'ish

two.jpg

My hair pushed back

one.jpg

Comments

• RLeeRLee Registered Users Posts: 11
    Ick, did I post a bad post? Ahh if any one can help with tips it would be most appreciated I have to get my head at least somewhat neat for good chances at a civi job and still want to grow my hair out some.. Also did I get my hair type right 3c'ish?

Thanks for any help!
  • Jelly.ViJelly.Vi Registered Users Posts: 103
    Im not sure about hair type since im not good with all that, think in the 3s though (:

As for growing out, theres not too much you CAN do to make it grow FASTER. Just take care of it, trim the ends to keep it healthy, and keep it moisturized.
    Can try some scalp massages to stimulate the follicles, ect, but im not too sure. There's also things like vitamins, hair treatments ect. but those usually just help new growth/ thicker fuller hair. Not necessarily faster growing.
    Styling is all up to you (:
    Ahh thanks for a reply! Thought I missed a rule and was being snubbed or somthing.. I'm not trying to make it grow faster really, it grows like a weed.. I just didn't know if I could do anything with it..if whatever this curl type was would possibly manageable when grown out and I have no clue what the rules to growing curly hair out are..like the cutting of the back and sides thing. I'll just try to manage without any cuts I guess and if I get an interview go back to a high and tight :cry:
  • manemanmaneman Registered Users Posts: 136
    RLee, you should def look up the recommendations listed on this page Hair Types on NaturallyCurly.com. There are product recs on the right hand side of the page which might help start you off. They are just a starting point but can definitely help steer you in the right direction. Good luck and I hope you don't have to cut your hair!
    Check out my blog: http://manemanblog.com.
    If you're a curly guy and would like to be featured then check out the Contact page and hit me up!

Favorite products:
    Shampoo: KC Come Clean
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals
    Styling: Donna Marie Dream Curling Cream, EcoStyler Gel (pink)
    Thank you for the reply. I took a look at the chart not sure where I fall.. some type of three. I stopped using a marc anthony curl cream I picked up and my curls are now less tight and and poof'ish so it's back to the drawing board as far as product goes but it's more manageable thank god!

Thanks again for the reply!
  • manemanmaneman Registered Users Posts: 136
    Hey RLee, it's been a little while but I was just reviewing your post and maybe you should try something like a alcohol free gel or serum to manage your curls. I think you're more 3a at this point but I think your hair needs to grow out more before you get a good picture of your pattern. Have you tried any other things since?
    Check out my blog: http://manemanblog.com.
    If you're a curly guy and would like to be featured then check out the Contact page and hit me up!

Favorite products:
    Shampoo: KC Come Clean
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals
    Styling: Donna Marie Dream Curling Cream, EcoStyler Gel (pink)
    Ahh figured I was somewhere on the 3 chart, just couldn't pinpoint where because my hair is drastically different depending on the stuff I put in it. Thanks for the tips re alcohol free gel and serum, I'll raid my local Ulta after doing some web research on brands.

So far getting away from the Marc Anthony stuff has helped a lot with manageability. Instead of the curl cream I've been working through a huge bottle of Paul Mitchell leave in conditioner that I had laying around..it smells terrible but leaves my curls thicker, very defined, and not greasy looking. I'm still on the lookout for more products that may do even better (and hopefully smell better) as well as looking into getting away from sulfates.

Thanks again!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file