Hi from Detroit :) moisturizer help pls!

naturalnewbnaturalnewb Posts: 193Registered Users
Hello there,

New to the site and in the process of transitioning. Hoping to get a little guidance before my planned BC next month. I've been transitioning for about a year, and I'm content with most of the inexpensive products I use on my hair.

I've been using Suave Naturals for my co-washing needs and a heated honey/olive oil mixture for my deep conditioning. I use a mixture of jojoba and shea butter as a sealant after I wash.

That said, I have had NO luck finding inexpensive CG moisturizers and shampoos. The leave-in moisturizers I've seen at Target have worked pretty well, but they are a little too costly for me right now. I've been using Elasta QP shampoo because I heard it was low-sulfate, but it still strips my hair in a way that I don't particularly care for.

Any suggestions for inexpensive leave-in moisturizers or CG-friendly shampoos?

Thx :)

event.png

event.png

Comments

• 4bcurlygirl4bcurlygirl Posts: 123Registered Users
    Hello there,

New to the site and in the process of transitioning. Hoping to get a little guidance before my planned BC next month. I've been transitioning for about a year, and I'm content with most of the inexpensive products I use on my hair.

I've been using Suave Naturals for my co-washing needs and a heated honey/olive oil mixture for my deep conditioning. I use a mixture of jojoba and shea butter as a sealant after I wash.

That said, I have had NO luck finding inexpensive CG moisturizers and shampoos. The leave-in moisturizers I've seen at Target have worked pretty well, but they are a little too costly for me right now. I've been using Elasta QP shampoo because I heard it was low-sulfate, but it still strips my hair in a way that I don't particularly care for.

Any suggestions for inexpensive leave-in moisturizers or CG-friendly shampoos?

Thx :)

Hi naturalnewb welcome to NC this is a great place to learn all about products and how they may work for your hair. Do you prepoo your hair b4 shampooing? Prepooing helps my hair to not have that stripped feeling when I rinse it out also buffering (b4 rinsing out shampoo I put a conditioner on my hair this also helps my hair to not feel stripped). I dont do the CG method anymore bc it didnt really do anything for my hair and it was kinda frustating lol....

As far as inexpensive moisturizes SheaMoisture at Target is a great (Curl Enhancing Smoothie great moisturizer) and I haven't tried it yet but "Hollywood Beauty" Olive Oil Creme Ive heard is great and no mineral oil (not sure about cones though). Shampoos I think Tressemme naturals is CG friendly and inexpensive.

I wish you the best on your Healthy Hair Journey, Have Fun!! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file