I know I could read through all of these threads but

DimePiece17DimePiece17 Registered Users Posts: 521
Does anyone have any tried and true hair growth methods?

I basically wore weaves for two years and saw my hair grow to almost bra strap length. LOVED IT! Nice and full! Took my weave out in May and have been taking MSM(2, Biotin ( 5mg), and GNC ULtranourishair, but haven't seen any change in thickness or length, and it's now November! NONE! This has been my life story! weave=growth..no weave? no length retention....

When I wear weaves my hair grows almost 1.5 inches in a month, when I leave it out, no growth. What gives? I'm not a slave to the flat iron, and I don't relax. I do BKT, but that just makes my hair soft and shiny...the slow growth has been my life's story...I have random grobwth spurts. I really don't wnat to have to go back to weaves since I'm enjoying my curls, but what the hay? I'm getting married in August and would love to get to Bra stap length in time for the wedding, but at this rate, I don't think it will happen. Do I really have to put monostat on my hair to get there???
Beauty Tips for the Budgetista?
Check me out on Youtube, Tumblr, FB, and Twitter!
DimepieceonaDime-FB PAGE, Youtube Channel, and Tumblr
Dimefabulous-Twitter name
http://dimepieceonadime.tumblr.com/

Comments

• Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Registered Users Posts: 955
    Hairguru17 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any tried and true hair growth methods?

I basically wore weaves for two years and saw my hair grow to almost bra strap length. LOVED IT! Nice and full! Took my weave out in May and have been taking MSM(2, Biotin ( 5mg), and GNC ULtranourishair, but haven't seen any change in thickness or length, and it's now November! NONE! This has been my life story! weave=growth..no weave? no length retention....

When I wear weaves my hair grows almost 1.5 inches in a month, when I leave it out, no growth. What gives? I'm not a slave to the flat iron, and I don't relax. I do BKT, but that just makes my hair soft and shiny...the slow growth has been my life's story...I have random grobwth spurts. I really don't wnat to have to go back to weaves since I'm enjoying my curls, but what the hay? I'm getting married in August and would love to get to Bra stap length in time for the wedding, but at this rate, I don't think it will happen. Do I really have to put monostat on my hair to get there???

I've never done the monistat thing so I can't speak to it's effectiveness or lack there of however what I would say is that if you "had to" do it in order to get to the length you wanted then everyone would be putting monistat on their hair in order to get it to grow. So I think what u really may have is a problem retaining length rather than growth per se. Your hair is growing all the time no matter what however are u practicing low manipulation as well as protective styles (buns, braids, twists,etc)?

I already see that u are taking a multivitamin however what ab ur water intake, exercise (to promote blood circulation=promotig growth), diet? There are no "tried & true" solutions/guarantees to obtaining long hair other than healthy practices (little to no heat, no chemicals,etc.), a healthy lifestyle & patience. It really does make a difference when ur taking care of yourself and it reflecting in ur hair...what u put on the inside of ur body will surely reflect on ur outside so love yourself from the inside out.

HTH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)

Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's

event.png

event.png
  • CSICSI Registered Users Posts: 140
    Well I've been using the miconazole nitrate for 2 weeks and I already have 1/2" growth. That's double for me. My hair usually grows 1/2" a month and I already have that. Actually I had it in 11 days of taking it. As far as I'm concerned medicine is medicine. It WORKS!!! Of course, I deep condition my hair every week and I think that helps. I'm sure your hair is growing you just don't see it. are you measuring it to see if it isn't growing? it's impossible that it's not growing because if you had a relaxer you'd HAVE to get a touch up because hair does just that......it grows. Even after the first hour of death the hair is still growing, don't give up. :) lol
  • DimePiece17DimePiece17 Registered Users Posts: 521
    so maybe it IS growing, but I'm not seeing it because I'm not retaining length due to my ends snapping off. I will actually try the coochie cream for growth...why not! lmao, but I will ALSO up my water/protein intake. I'm gonna give whirl for 6 weeks and then see where I am. If I don't see improvement by January, then I am DEF going to weave for 6 months. I'd hate to do it, but curly hair is sooo much damned work!
    Beauty Tips for the Budgetista?
    Check me out on Youtube, Tumblr, FB, and Twitter!
    DimepieceonaDime-FB PAGE, Youtube Channel, and Tumblr
    Dimefabulous-Twitter name
    http://dimepieceonadime.tumblr.com/
  • Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Registered Users Posts: 955
    I guess in terms of the "hard work" it really depends on ur mindset. If this is something that u r really focused on & committed to then it is only as hard as u makes it. Transitioning is not to be taken likely...there is work involved but once u get into a good & consistent routine then it becomes easier.

I am a little past my 4th month transitioning and initially I was very frustrated. I ran out & purchased all these new products and was disapponted when my hair didn't look like the pictures I saw on the internet. Now that I know better after plently of research, I now focus on the health of my hair instead of the length. Of course I have hair goals but I am focusing on the things I HAVE CONTROL OVER and not the other way around.

I mean I control my water intake, exercise, vitamins, moisturing, conditioning, deep treating/applying protein treatments to my hair. All of which with consistency and PATIENCE will positively effect my hair retention as well as growth. However I have absolutely no control over how fast my hair grows out of my scalp so I don't sweat it. I'll get there when I get there and w/regular healthy practices by the time u even go to check the length u will be amazed by ur progress.

So stay w/it and u will get the results u want!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)

Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's

event.png

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file