CurlTalk

Coochie Creme for Hair????

NappSakkNappSakk Posts: 14Registered Users
Hi All,

Still fairly new to the boards...um...has anyone ever done this???? Used Monistat 7 to grow their hair out? There have been complaints of headaches but raves that it actually works. Dunno if I could risk it. Any thoughts?

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DReCVFI77jks%26amp%3Bfeature%3Drelated" class="Popup

Comments

• kurlybrownkurlybrown Posts: 136Registered Users
    I've heard about women using this on LHCF. I don't know... hair growth just isn't that serious to me. If you're a healthy human... your hair is always growing. It's all about retaining length in my opinion.

In this video the girl says her hair grew 2.25 inches in 100 days. Isn't this pretty normal if the average human grows 1/2 inch per month? Ok, she grew a little more than average... still not a big deal. Now if she grew like 6 inches in 100 days that would be amazing. Still...I would NOT use that stuff on my scalp. They gave up relaxers but are willing to put coochie cream on their scalp that may cause headaches and God knows what else. Insane. :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Natural as of May 2009; 4a/3c
    Avatar Photo: Nov 10' Blow-out; Getting closer to my BIG hair goal!
    "I'm a big woman. I need big hair." - Aretha Franklin
  • NappSakkNappSakk Posts: 14Registered Users
    In this video the girl says her hair grew 2.25 inches in 100 days. Isn't this pretty normal if the average human grows 1/2 inch per month? Ok, she grew a little more than average... still not a big deal. Now if she grew like 6 inches in 100 days that would be amazing.

That is a good point. 2.25 in 100 days. Reckon I will just keep my scalp clean and eat some vegetables!
  • CSICSI Posts: 140Registered Users
    Medicine is medicine. I think you were asking for those who have tried it well I'm one of them. I started less than 2 weeks ago and I can happily report 1/2" growth in 11 days. woohoo!!!! I use the 2% Miconazole Nitrate and it's painless. I have a very small plastic bottle that I put about 1" of the cream in and mix with about 1-2 tablespoons of water. I apply it to my scalp almost every day; about 5 times a week. I'm amazed at the growth and can't wait to see how it does in another 2 weeks. My hair usually grows at 1/2" a month. I know because I measure it. If I can get 1" a month as many have attested to, I'm going to do it. it's harmless!!! I got a very slight headache the first day and that was it. I think it was because I was expecting it :) Give it a try if you like, you can always stop if you see no results or feel weird. If you do more research you'll find that this medicine is not so uncommon for hair loss and hair growth. I did tons of research before I tried it.
  • NappSakkNappSakk Posts: 14Registered Users
    Thanks for the true to life response! I am not concerned about it being for the vagina as most women seem to be. I just wonder if there is anything in the creme that will mess you up! I hear about headaches and things. I even saw someone say that I will go to your brain. (lol) Of course that was on a message board...but hey that is what the research is for! I did do some research and found that it is common for hair loss. I think your mixture sounds like one of the best I have seen. Very simple and it also dilutes with the water.

I may have to see. I heard about the MTG and all. Many people are against all of it because "we will do anything just to grow some hair." But I think I have also seen that other cultures have done it as well.
  • StormVixenStormVixen Posts: 14Registered Users
    yep, i use Miconazole Nitrate on my scalp... it seems to stop shedding as well as increasing growth... soo... thickness and length.. wooo...

oh i dont get headaches from it... i figure it cant really hurt cos "down there" is alot more sensitive than up top...
    @StormVixen: have you monitored your growth? if so, how much is it growing monthly? How long have you been using it? I was thinking of using it for 6 months to have the same amount of length in 6 months that I'd have in 1 year. can't wait to see all my progress. AT this point I'm excited because 1/2" in 11 days is amazing to me!!! Who cares what people say? it works! :) lol The most interesting part is that many women on You tube that are Caucasian use it for hair growth and thickness. It's not just "us" per say.
  • itsKelCeeEeeitsKelCeeEee Posts: 1,084Registered Users
    That sounds fascinating...but I got over a traumatizing first experience with a yeast infection three months ago. I can't even. Lol

I'm glad it's working for some of you ladies though! :thumright:
    tumblr_mfb2v27JpJ1qfxenmo1_250.gif
    Big Chop: 11/25/09
    Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
    SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
  • emartini04emartini04 Posts: 7Registered Users
    Ha. Ha. Hilarious and not interesting in trying a yeast infection creme on my hair.
    My hair texture is a mixture of 3a/3b/3c with a slight touch of 4a curls. My hair regime:

DC with TJ Nourish and Spa mixed with EVOO and EVCO.
    Co wash with TJ Nourish and Spa 2x a week.
    1x a week I do an ACV rinse.
    Leave in conditioner is Curls Sublime conditioner and seal moisture with EVOO then style or twist hair with Jane Carter Nourish and Shine.
  • FunyBunyHuny127FunyBunyHuny127 Posts: 17Registered Users
    OMG!!! I'm gonna have to try this. I will buy some MN today or tomorrow and start that day.
    3c/4a and absolutely lovin' it:love4:
    "I'd rather wear jewels in my hair than anywhere else. The face should have the advantage of this brilliance." Hedy Lamarr

Natural journey: 1yr and 11 months &never looking back to my CreamyCrack ways

Favorite pass times with my hair
    : trying to run my fingers thru it, finding new little curls, sharing the extra coconut oil in my hair to moisturize my skin...My hair is so giving:love2:
    I have to report an update. I started with 5" of hair (Nov 2, 2010) and after 6 weeks 6 1/2" of hair!!! This stuff really works. I'll continue to use it and see how much growth I can get out of it :) I'll report back in 2 weeks and hopefully I'll have 7". This is double growth rate for me because my hair grows 1/2" monthly and now I'm getting 1" monthly. Hope it continues :)
    CSI wrote: »
    I have to report an update. I started with 5" of hair (Nov 2, 2010) and after 6 weeks 6 1/2" of hair!!! This stuff really works. I'll continue to use it and see how much growth I can get out of it :) I'll report back in 2 weeks and hopefully I'll have 7". This is double growth rate for me because my hair grows 1/2" monthly and now I'm getting 1" monthly. Hope it continues :)

i'm on my second day and, thankfully, i've only encountered itchy scalp. What is your regimen and how often do you apply it?
    "I'd rather wear jewels in my hair than anywhere else. The face should have the advantage of this brilliance." Hedy Lamarr

: trying to run my fingers thru it, finding new little curls, sharing the extra coconut oil in my hair to moisturize my skin...My hair is so giving:love2:

• NerdycurlNerdycurl Posts: 87Registered Users
    This is soooo interesting. I had never heard of this before, but it's fascinating that it's working so well for some of you ladies.

How does this fit into a CG routine? Does it affect the condition of your hair at all? When do you use it? At night? And how long do you leave it on? I need to know more! :)
    3b I think :)

Current rotation: CJ Daily Fix Cleansing Condish, Suave Coconut, AOHR, CJCCCC, KKKT, KCCC
    HGs: EcoStyler, Coconut oil, KY, ACV, BRHG, LOOB, Curl Rehab, Deva AnGel, GTTT Condish, CIAB!
    <3 Curl Junkie <3
    I use the 2% Miconazole Nitrate and it's painless. Sometimes it itches but that tells me it's growing :) I have a very small plastic bottle (about 1oz) that I put about 1" of the cream in and mix with water. I fill the bottle to about 3/4 full. I apply it to my scalp almost every day; about 5 times a week. I use the same method as suicideseve on You tube. I think it's suicideseve or suicideeve. Something like that. Anyway, I part my hair going back and squirt the stuff on my hair in strips going back. About 7 - 8 strips going back and then the hairline. I then massage the scalp. I usually do it in the morning so I that's pretty much how I refresh my wash and gos. I may spritz some water on my wash and gos afterward if I need to. I wash my hair twice week and if I'm going to wash it then I'll put it on right after I condition, before my gel...Doesn't affect my hair at all. If anything, it makes it soft and supple : ) I aim for the scalp but if it hits the hair there's no problem at all. hope that helps. I'll be measuring my hair again in a couple of days and the truth is that I already have and I was 1/4" away from 7" last week so I should be at my 7" by Jan. 2nd. this is so exciting.
  • NerdycurlNerdycurl Posts: 87Registered Users
    Thanks for the response, CSI. Sounds easy enough. Doesn't it smell though? I hate that smell lol.
    3b I think :)

Current rotation: CJ Daily Fix Cleansing Condish, Suave Coconut, AOHR, CJCCCC, KKKT, KCCC
    HGs: EcoStyler, Coconut oil, KY, ACV, BRHG, LOOB, Curl Rehab, Deva AnGel, GTTT Condish, CIAB!
    <3 Curl Junkie <3
    I also use the 2% MN (2 boxes for less than $10). I can have enough for 3-4 applications per MN box. I just mix a little coconut oil with it and apply every night.

Thankfully, i've only experienced itchy scalp but its faded after a couple days. My hair handles MN well, it doesnt dry it out or break it off at all. After I finish applying it, all i notice is the coconut oil.

lol there is absolutely NO smell.

• Hakim NuraldinHakim Nuraldin Posts: 1,467Registered Users
    *Shudder*
  • itsKelCeeEeeitsKelCeeEee Posts: 1,084Registered Users
    *Shudder*

MMHMM.

Not judging. Just saying. :tongue2:
    tumblr_mfb2v27JpJ1qfxenmo1_250.gif
    Big Chop: 11/25/09
    Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
    SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
    *Shudder*

MMHMM.

Not judging. Just saying. :tongue2:

well trying different things isnt for everyone, and several ppl including me have researched this. The specific chemical is used for all over skin fungus(even on the scalp). So i know every1s opinion is welcome here, but sometimes "just saying" can be unnecessary.....but I'm just saying;-)

Okay. I'm checking back in. It's been another 2 weeks and another 1/2" of growth. Believe it or not. My hair was on my shoulder just a minute ago and now it's on my collar bone.... no joke. I have 7" of hair now. I started with 5" 2 months ago on Nov 2nd, 2010. I will continue to use it along with my Biotin vitamins. Loving the results and no side effects. icon_smile.gif I will check back within 2 weeks to see if the growth continues. The first tube lasted me 6 weeks. The tube I'm using now is smaller but it should last me the month. I use about a 1" strip daily for about 5 days out of 7.
    I could not finish my 30 day challenge. I had to stop almost half way because i'm getting braids in, BUT I got half an inch in less than a month!!! I'll def do it again when I can be more dedicated.

funnybunny: with the braids it should be even easier to apply since it's all parted already. Give it a try :)
    funnybunny: with the braids it should be even easier to apply since it's all parted already. Give it a try :)

I know girl but I want to get under the braids also. I'm a little anal about being completely covered.....I know it probably wouldn't matter lol

• Tati-AnaTati-Ana Posts: 133Registered Users
    I use the 2% Miconazole Nitrate and it's painless. Sometimes it itches but that tells me it's growing :) I have a very small plastic bottle (about 1oz) that I put about 1" of the cream in and mix with water. I fill the bottle to about 3/4 full. I apply it to my scalp almost every day; about 5 times a week. I use the same method as suicideseve on You tube. I think it's suicideseve or suicideeve. Something like that. Anyway, I part my hair going back and squirt the stuff on my hair in strips going back. About 7 - 8 strips going back and then the hairline. I then massage the scalp. I usually do it in the morning so I that's pretty much how I refresh my wash and gos. I may spritz some water on my wash and gos afterward if I need to. I wash my hair twice week and if I'm going to wash it then I'll put it on right after I condition, before my gel...Doesn't affect my hair at all. If anything, it makes it soft and supple : ) I aim for the scalp but if it hits the hair there's no problem at all. hope that helps. I'll be measuring my hair again in a couple of days and the truth is that I already have and I was 1/4" away from 7" last week so I should be at my 7" by Jan. 2nd. this is so exciting.

CSI,
    how would you describe your hair? what is your hair type?
    Thanks in advance!
    "Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get" George Bernard Shaw
  • mslittlelalamslittlelala Posts: 139Registered Users
    what happens when u discontinue use do you have a reversal of progress?
    FULL CG - 2nd Attempt 2/27/11
    TYPE: Fluffy see through coils & corkscrews when dry & product free
    HGS underlined
    DC: AOHSR / AOGPB / AOSwim / Elucence
    PO: BWC RM / CV Poo Bars
    Cowash: Vo5 KL / GTTT Dilute / Vo5 SC
    RO: AOBGA
    LEAVE INS
    Warm mths - help??
    Cool mths - H20, Olive oil, whipped shea butter
    STYLE: La Bella Styling Gel / Deva SIF
  • dianemary126dianemary126 Posts: 184Registered Users
    i have heard about this too and always wanted to try! great to hear good results from NC memebers. I think I am going to pick up a box this weekend and try it- will give updates for sure!!
    Diane
    NYC/NJ
    2c/3a..fine/regular texture..normal porosity..low elasticity..high density..cherub curls

MONAT all natural hair products are the absolute BEST
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dianemary.mymonat.com" class="Popup

goals: grow out bad breakage cut and artificial hair color1
    last softener: Sept 2010
    last color: 2.14.15
    last cut/trim: 4.7.15

blog: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fdianemarybeauty.blogspot.com" class="Popup
  • CurlOnGurlCurlOnGurl Posts: 8Registered Users
    I'm just wondering if ANYONE here has consulted with their physician or at the VERY LEAST their hair stylist prior to using something FDA approved only for the treatment of yeast infections in your VAGINA on your scalp (where you can inhale any fumes that might permeate into your lungs and ultimately your brain). Heres some trivia ladies: itching is a form of pain. And pain is your body's way of telling you something is WRONG. And headaches? Pain.

I'm honestly NOT judging, rather I'm worried for you all who are doing this without first seeking the advice of a professional. I don't know about you, but for me, NOTHING, not beauty, not money...NOTHING is more important to me than my health and the intelligence provided to me by every one of my brain cells. I'll be damned if I would risk any of that for longer, thicker hair. How about you?
    Hair Type: 2A on top, 3A everywhere else! Desperately trying to get top to curl again!
    Poo: Deva LP;
    Conditioner: Ouidad BR; Ouidad CQ; AG Re:Coil
    Leave-In: Ouidad ML; Ouidad BB
    Style: AG RE:Coil; CHS CK; Biosilk RHG; Rusk WP; Ouidad CQ, CC & TE

Still seeking my HG!
  • matthe34matthe34 Posts: 1Registered Users
    I am a doctor and used this after I was diagnosed with non-scarring alopecia and in 10 days my bald spots had growth!
  • NubianPrizeNubianPrize Posts: 123Registered Users
    Okay. I'm checking back in. It's been another 2 weeks and another 1/2" of growth. Believe it or not. My hair was on my shoulder just a minute ago and now it's on my collar bone.... no joke. I have 7" of hair now. I started with 5" 2 months ago on Nov 2nd, 2010. I will continue to use it along with my Biotin vitamins. Loving the results and no side effects. icon_smile.gif I will check back within 2 weeks to see if the growth continues. The first tube lasted me 6 weeks. The tube I'm using now is smaller but it should last me the month. I use about a 1" strip daily for about 5 days out of 7.

It's now April 2012. How did your growth turn out ? I finally decided to try this
    on my thin post perm nape areas & started 2 days ago using the dilute method you used. I'm doing wash n goes with KCCC & don't want to use any oils right now.Let me know what happened.
    Hair type 4 "mystery":dontknow:
    Fine,soft hair with little penspring curls of different sizes. Small patch of wavy hair at center of my nape. Did BC in 2009 after 28yrs of curly perms.
    Products:WEN Fig, KinkyCurly, QhemetBiologics, SheaMoisture, Vatika oil, EVCO, EVOO, WGO, JBCO products