Help! I need a foundation for taking photos

JayneeJaynee Posts: 2,039Registered Users Curl Neophyte
My fiance and I are getting our engagement photos taken next weekend and I'm stressing about makeup. I wear very minimal makeup usually but I have lots of discolored, red spots on my face and I want to make sure they don't show up in our pictures. Can anyone suggest a foundation that will have the right amount of coverage for photos but still look natural? My sister is going to help me with makeup application that day and she said she likes MAC's liquid mineral foundation. Would that work? TIA!

Comments

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Jaynee wrote: »
    My fiance and I are getting our engagement photos taken next weekend and I'm stressing about makeup. I wear very minimal makeup usually but I have lots of discolored, red spots on my face and I want to make sure they don't show up in our pictures. Can anyone suggest a foundation that will have the right amount of coverage for photos but still look natural? My sister is going to help me with makeup application that day and she said she likes MAC's liquid mineral foundation. Would that work? TIA!
    I've used Smashbox HD foundation in photos, and it looked good. I also hear good things about Makeup Forever's HD foundation.

Apply your foundation with a brush to avoid applying too heavily.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • guanacaxlatinaguanacaxlatina Posts: 69Registered Users
    if your going to take photos, dont buy a foundation that has spf in it as it will cause a white cast in flash photography.. and if you have red spots make sure you use a green concealer to even out the red.. it does work!!! if you want natural i suggest nars sheer glow or matte if your skin is oily!

i havent tried HD foundations, but ask for a sample and test it out? ..
    Totally Loving My New Hair! :toothy8:

Waist Length Black 2b-2c Hair, Thick, Coarse. Normal Porosity. Slight Protein Sensitive.
  • IAgirlIAgirl Posts: 2,540Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Back when I performed on stage, we used Max Factor Pan Cake (it's kind of a theater thing). It makes you totally FLAWLESS although you do have to practice a couple times to get just enough on (but not too much).

Often professional photographers will fix any "spots" that you can't. I've seen enough wedding photos to know how perfect people's skin looks and you know it can't be that awesome for all people, all the time.
  • veganyoginiveganyogini Posts: 31Registered Users
    IAgirl wrote: »
    Back when I performed on stage, we used Max Factor Pan Cake (it's kind of a theater thing). It makes you totally FLAWLESS although you do have to practice a couple times to get just enough on (but not too much).

Often professional photographers will fix any "spots" that you can't. I've seen enough wedding photos to know how perfect people's skin looks and you know it can't be that awesome for all people, all the time.

Do they still make that stuff?
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    nope, they don't still make it. the Max Factor Line was discontinued by Proctor & Gamble at the end of last year. old stock is available on drugstore.com.

and don't use green concealer to even out red spots - only the most skilled makeup artists are any good at applying that stuff. a yellow-toned foundation that matches your skin EXACTLY will neutralize red.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • crimsonshedemoncrimsonshedemon Posts: 2,098Registered Users
    What about going to a department store and getting your makeup done? It's free.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file