CurlTalk

Seattle Curly Gathering Version 2.0

msrebamsreba Posts: 143Registered Users
Hey there Seattle Curlies! Its time again for a curly gathering in the Emerald City.

I am thinking the following dates

October 3 or 4th OR October 17 or 18th.

I am going to go out and an limb here and choose a venue. Thats 1. Reasonable priced, 2 Good food (including vegetatian goodies)3. Has great beer (and mixed drinks). 4. Street/reasonable parking 5. Its non-smoking (from what I remember)

The place? Queen Anne McMenamins Its on the corner of Roy and something.. 200 Roy St., (near the seattle center)

So.. my curly friends. Whose in? Do those dates work? Which date will work best for you?

Must GET together!

Becky

[ September 15, 2003: Message edited by: MrsRebA ]

Comments

• emswazzuemswazzu Posts: 3Registered Users
    oooh, I'm in. . .so excited to hear there may be a get together of some fabulous folks in the emerald city from this site icon_smile.gif just let know when and where. .. no picks on my side. . .any of dates work for me icon_smile.gif may also get some not yet so obsessed curly friend to come over to the dark side icon_smile.gif(just kidding--at least that it's the dark side-reading this site is actually sometimes the highlight of my afternoon icon_smile.gif)

elisa. icon_cool.gif
  • mandyvmandyv Posts: 2,437Registered Users
    Great. 10/17 or 18 is my preference but really, I'm available the other dates too.
    3c
    Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
    CoWash: VO5 kiwi
    Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
    Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor
  • CelticCurlsCelticCurls Posts: 558Registered Users
    I'll be there in spirit. Wish Whatcom Co. was a bit closer. icon_smile.gif
    3B, bra-strap length
    laidback, very-modified CGer
    HG: GF Sleek 'n Shine Leave-in; Alagio
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I am busy on 10/4 but am free the other days.

[ September 16, 2003: Message edited by: mrspoppers ]
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • ImSpartacusImSpartacus Posts: 24Registered Users
    I'd like to go! I love the city of Seattle. I hear they serve great calamari in a cone over there...
  • LarenLaren Posts: 8Registered Users
    I have NO idea if I'll be able to make it with this new job, but if I can, I'd love to!!
    Type: 3B corkscrew/botichelli mix
    Cleanser: DevaCurl Conditioner, occasionally No Poo.
    Goop: Fruit of the Earth aloe vera gel
    Oddity: I put a satin pillowcase on my head when I go to sleep
  • msrebamsreba Posts: 143Registered Users
    Ok October 17th it is then. No one really had any objections to that date so we will go with that.

Its a friday. I will probably get to the bar pretty early to secure a table (they dont take reservations).

I'm thinking 6-6:30 or so (when ever you get there you get there)
    Sounds like a good plan to me. See you all on the 17th at McMenamins on Roy street.
  • amberdanglesamberdangles Posts: 3Registered Users
    Hey can I come too?!!! I live on Queen Anne and would love to join you! Amber
    Any Seattle or near seattle curlies are invited. The more the merrier. I will post a reminder the week of, so I know how big of a table to sit at on friday.
    Thanks for the invitation. I just found out I have to work that night! I'm so bummed. But I will be with you in spirit. Cheers!
    Here's a funny story only you locals will get... my straight hair friend commented: "Your hair is so curly, the piano man from Pike Place could be stuck in there and you wouldn't even know!"
  • mandyvmandyv Posts: 2,437Registered Users
    I'll be there!
    3c
    Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
    CoWash: VO5 kiwi
    Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
    Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor
  • alphabetaalphabeta Posts: 7Registered Users
    See you all Friday!
  • kurlyswirlkurlyswirl Posts: 3Registered Users
    I can't make this one, but I would love to meet some fellow Seattle curlygirls another time. Maybe sometime in Nov or Dec? Have fun! ks icon_smile.gif
    HAIR BIO: 3b/c, rather fine, but very dense (lots of it!); mostly soft corkscrews with a frizzy/coarser patch at the crown and looser silky waves at the nape of my neck; dk. brown with red and burgundy highlights and black lowlights; I'm B/W biracial.