Major issues with CurlTalk

RacerWife7RacerWife7 Registered Users Posts: 895 Curl Novice
In order for me to post, I have to use IE right now. For some reason, I can't post using Firefox (my browser of choice). I HATE IE and don't trust it. Firefox is MUCH more secure. What's going on? Is there a conflict with NC and using Firefox? I never had an issue prior to yesterday.

I thought, initially, when it happened, that it was a problem with my home laptop. But, now I'm at work on my PC and it's exactly the same. What gives?
Janet ~ Northern NJ
Properties: Dense, Fine, Low Porosity, Low Elasticity
My Picasa Album
What I used in this photo:
Cleansing: Suave Tropical Coconut Condish
Conditioner: CJ Smoothing Condish
Styling: CJCQ
th_d963586e.jpg

Comments

• MimsTXMimsTX Registered Users Posts: 3,482 Curl Neophyte
    I can post on FF... but no cursor shows up in the text box (thought text will appear when typed) and after a few seconds, you can't delete or backspace at all.

You're not alone, and I just noticed it this morning, everything was fine yesterday.
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • RacerWife7RacerWife7 Registered Users Posts: 895 Curl Novice
    MimsTX wrote: »
    I can post on FF... but no cursor shows up in the text box (thought text will appear when typed) and after a few seconds, you can't delete or backspace at all.

You're not alone, and I just noticed it this morning, everything was fine yesterday.

If I try to post like I'm doing now (below the quoted text), it starts typing ABOVE the quoted text. I can't highlight or backspace ANYTHING. It's annoying! And, like you, I don't have a cursor, either.
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    My Picasa Album
    th_d963586e.jpg
  • spring1onuspring1onu Registered Users Posts: 16,528 Curl Connoisseur
    My cursor (or lack thereof) is doing the same as Mims. It started last night, was better this morning and is back again now. Weird! Makes it hard to post, for sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    Same thing happening to me, although it didn't happen just now when I posted this. Maybe the problem is fixed! :?
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Argh! I'm so sorrry. I"ll let Smart Guy know.

And just fyi, for emergencies like this please email me. Sometimes I don't get to the boards as often as I like. [email protected]

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Gretchen wrote: »
    Argh! I'm so sorrry. I"ll let Smart Guy know.

And just fyi, for emergencies like this please email me. Sometimes I don't get to the boards as often as I like. [email protected]

Thank you, Gretchen! ...Maybe there should be a place within the Housekeeping section that lists emails for types of problems? (Permanent posts that can't be replied to? - just used as references?)
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    My Picasa Album
    th_d963586e.jpg
    I don't think it's fixed yet, curlypearl. I am posting this one from FF. Still no cursor in the Quick Reply box. They know. So, something will be done, I'm sure. ;)
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    My Picasa Album
    th_d963586e.jpg
  • GreatcurlsGreatcurls Registered Users Posts: 1,784 Curl Connoisseur
    For months, I've had the same problem, as well as trying to change my signature. I actually have to copy someone's signature and then letter per letter have to retype my signature and any additions. I've posted messages about the signature problem, but there was no response.
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
     *This list is not exhaustive...
    CoWash: various
    DT: various
    Leave-in: 100% Mafura butter, Shima Hair Leave-in 
    Stylers: MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream, various
    Spritz/Sealant:not now
    *experimenting and loving it!
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    I'm having the same problem. I cleared my cookies and cache and that didn't help. I can't place the cursor, no hyperlink, can't copy paste and more. Also can't see the cursor. I'm not try IE, I don't trust it either. Also, highlighting copy doesn't work. I can post if I get it right the first time.So forgive any typos.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,729 Curl Virtuoso
    I have IE, Firefox, and Chrome open all of the time at work and at home (some things just won't work correctly on anything other than IE so I still use it a lot and never had issues) . Firefox is the only one I've had trouble with here on NC, last night and today. I'm having the same issues listed above. I'll just use IE or Chrome til it's fixed.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    I can't stand when certain sites won't work in one or the other. I've had issues with Chrome not working on quite a few of the sites I visit - and that's why I don't use it anymore (plus, that was BFF - Before Firefox). ;)

I trust Firefox more than the other browsers. So, I get a little wacky when I have to use IE. HAHA
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    My Picasa Album
    th_d963586e.jpg
    I downloaded Google Chrome again. So, we'll see how it works out for the time being. Other than NC.com, it's been really fast loading. Here, it seems to take forever to load pages. :scratch:
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    My Picasa Album
    th_d963586e.jpg
    The site is working fine on Firefox now. Whatever you did (Friday) worked. Thank you! :flower:
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    My Picasa Album
    th_d963586e.jpg
  • IggyIggy Registered Users Posts: 51
    I cant post from chrome. I have to do it from Firefox... the only reason I use Firefox is to post here on NC :S
    Almost 6 years natural, and NOW I'm taking care of my hair. Shame on me :angry3::angry3:

3c mixed with 3b ends because of heat damage.

Fine, low porosity

My hair is in love with protein, EVOO and Coconut Milk!

Experimenting with new produtos almost everyweek :sunny:
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,729 Curl Virtuoso
    Yep, everything is working today on all browsers, tho the pages are loading a little slow. Must be all you curlies yakking away! : )
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • RonnieRonnie Registered Users Posts: 13
    Since this site has changed, I am finding it to be really slow loading of the pages.. So slow in fact, that I give up on reading anything on here most days.. What happened with the upgrade that made it so slow? Is anyone else finding this to be true?

Ronnie
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    OK, we've been working hard. You should see the cursor and be able to post just fine now.
    And they did something last night that they say should improve the speed; please let me know.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    It's working for me now. But for some reason, this site still does not recognize my login and password. My computer has its cookies. I log in twice, twice it says invalid, but when I go to Curltalk, I'm logged in.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
    Yep, everything is working today on all browsers, tho the pages are loading a little slow. Must be all you curlies yakking away! : )

HAHA! I was thinking the same thing. ;)
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    My Picasa Album
    th_d963586e.jpg
  • rbbrbb Registered Users Posts: 4,355 Curl Connoisseur
    the site improved for a bit, but yesterday and this morning it is worse. within 5 minutes i had to quit my browser 3 times as nc got stuck.
    :sad5:
    i agree with others; i, too, am reading much less as it is just too much work.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • spring1onuspring1onu Registered Users Posts: 16,528 Curl Connoisseur
    Just thought I'd report a positive, so far I'm not having any further problems. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    So far, so good! crossfingers.gif
  • CurliTressesCurliTresses Registered Users Posts: 119
    Ronnie wrote: »
    Since this site has changed, I am finding it to be really slow loading of the pages.. So slow in fact, that I give up on reading anything on here most days.. What happened with the upgrade that made it so slow? Is anyone else finding this to be true?

Ronnie

Post deleted - have now been using Mozilla Firefox for nc.com and so far that seems to be working a little better than my previous browser.
    HairType: multi-texture 3a/b/c

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file