Need starter makeup :D

waviewavie Posts: 237Registered Users
So...my mom is clueless about make up, as am I.

I need something to brighten my skin up for senior pics.
Like...a powder concealer I guess (I'm not even sure if I'm using the right terminology). Something glow-y.

And also something to make my eyes pop. I was thinking a good eyeliner? I don't want to overdo it with eyeshadow and stuff.

I have a tan, "wet-sand" skin tone with yellow undertones.

Thanks in advance! :love5:
Hair type: 2C-3A, very dry, extremely low porosity, med elasticity, insanely thick kinky-wavy.
HGs: Trader Joe's Nourish spa conditioner, Epsom salt rinse, Joico K-pak conditioner

Comments

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    wavie wrote: »
    So...my mom is clueless about make up, as am I.

I need something to brighten my skin up for senior pics.
    Like...a powder concealer I guess (I'm not even sure if I'm using the right terminology). Something glow-y.

And also something to make my eyes pop. I was thinking a good eyeliner? I don't want to overdo it with eyeshadow and stuff.

I have a tan, "wet-sand" skin tone with yellow undertones.

Thanks in advance! :love5:
    Great descriptor of your skin tone. Sounds similar to mine.

I don't like Bare Minerals for myself, but you might like it. Many people do.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • guanacaxlatinaguanacaxlatina Posts: 69Registered Users
    I loved mac studio fix fluid, but for a brighter complexion maybe mac mineralise satinfinish foundation, its app a dupe to nars sheer glow, which is also good but pricier than mac, if u prefer drugstore maybe revlon colorstay would tickle ur fancy, make sure u test foundation to ur neck so u dnt have mixed matched colors..

As for concealer maybelline? have these lipstick looking ones, the yellow one is for concealing under eye, green is good for redness on ur face too but I put concealers underneath and then use a concealer close to my skin tone on top.

Try youtube for application and products, I live in australia and find the us has def cheaper makeup like mac and nars, I paid $42 for mac and $100 for my nars lol.. But def youtube for tips..
    Totally Loving My New Hair! :toothy8:

Waist Length Black 2b-2c Hair, Thick, Coarse. Normal Porosity. Slight Protein Sensitive.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    wavie, is there a Sephora where you live? the most important thing when it comes to foundation and/or concealer is that it matches your skin exactly. Sephora carries lots of brands and the sales staff would be able to help you find something that suits you at a price you can afford.

if there isn't a Sephora, L'Oreal True Match has a lot of different shades and is very affordable. i use MAC myself.

for eyeliner, if you have brown eyes, a purple liner is the way to go!
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm a drugstore make-up girl. I agree with guanacaxlatina. Revlon color stay normal to oily skin is great if you have normal to oily skin. It keeps the oil/shine at bay. I really liked the maybelline lipstick tube concealer. I just got the maybelline mineral power concealer and I like it even better. Spending a little extra and being able to actually try a foundation to get a good color match is probably worth the extra money the first time.
    I also agree that a purple eye liner will make your brown eyes pop. You may also want to add one coat of mascara, a sheer lip gloss, and tiny bit of blush just to the apples of your cheeks. The blush should help brighten your skin. If you look fine with foundation and no blush, skip the blush.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • waviewavie Posts: 237Registered Users
    Thanks so much I love you guys! Or gals...lol.

Just one more question...
    Would bronzer work on tan/darker skin? I'm not sure if its purpose is to brighten skin or make it darker...
    My skin looks great in the sun, but in darker areas it looks really dull. :(

I also already have very dry skin, just so you know.
    Hair type: 2C-3A, very dry, extremely low porosity, med elasticity, insanely thick kinky-wavy.
    HGs: Trader Joe's Nourish spa conditioner, Epsom salt rinse, Joico K-pak conditioner
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    wavie wrote: »
    Thanks so much I love you guys! Or gals...lol.

Just one more question...
    Would bronzer work on tan/darker skin? I'm not sure if its purpose is to brighten skin or make it darker...
    My skin looks great in the sun, but in darker areas it looks really dull. :(

I also already have very dry skin, just so you know.
    Yes.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • guanacaxlatinaguanacaxlatina Posts: 69Registered Users
    I use bronzer to contour, im tan/olive skin tone so its wont look bad unless u dont blend well, I also use bronzer as a blush, but a lighter bronzer with shimmer.. And use a matte (no shimmer at all) for contouring under cheeks..
    Totally Loving My New Hair! :toothy8:

Waist Length Black 2b-2c Hair, Thick, Coarse. Normal Porosity. Slight Protein Sensitive.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file