I'm officially losing my mind.

sweetmx85sweetmx85 Registered Users Posts: 1,017 Curl Neophyte
Being a mom aint no joke!!! My son is 8 months and 2 days old, and I've prob lost 10 lbs in the past two weeks from chasing this child everywhere, stress, and lack of sleep. lol His new thing is to go to the book shelf and pull every book in reach onto the floor and stand himself up on the lamps and shake them. OH! and I cant leave out trying to chew on every electrical cord he sees. Everytime I think I have everything out of his site or safely put away somehow this child finds something that I missed. how in the world to woman do this with multiple kids!!! I quit my job because I was so tired working full time and taking care of him, little did I know my job was a BREAK!! this is WORK! my husband doesnt even get it. he's the cutest baby ever, does the cutest little things in between being captin destroyer and practicing his screaming career but geeeeez. Im freakin TIRED! mentally and physically. ok im done. I needed to vent.
my blog
http://curlygirlie85.blogspot.com/
Its a beauty, natural hair, food, family, and life all combined into one blog. I took a break from it for awhile but I recently started blogging again and Im addicted!

my tumblr natural inspirations and beauty: http://sophiams85.tumblr.com/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    pretty much. this is why so many SAHMs get upset when people say that it's an easy job or that they don't "do anything".

i baby sat last week for my friend's 10 month old and i wanted to run away. i have no clue how i'm going to take care of 2 children, by myself.
  • sweetmx85sweetmx85 Registered Users Posts: 1,017 Curl Neophyte
    subbrock my heart goes out to you, I couldnt imagine. and I agree! I get soooo upset with my husband because he thinks I dont do anything now that Im not leaving to a job. I told noooo your clothes magically pick themselves up off the floor, your dishes somehow make it to the sink cleaned and back in the cupboards and a chef comes over and cooks dinner every day while the cleaner takes care of the house work...i wish. I prayed and prayed to be a mom for years. i laugh to myself now thinking of what God must of been thinking each time I prayed. lol he was probably like sweetie you have no clue what you are praying for right now lol as crazy as this boy drives me its funny at church last night I went alone and missed him non stop!! I thought finally a min to myself and I could do was think of my baby! my hat is def off to single moms
    my blog
    http://curlygirlie85.blogspot.com/
    Its a beauty, natural hair, food, family, and life all combined into one blog. I took a break from it for awhile but I recently started blogging again and Im addicted!

my tumblr natural inspirations and beauty: http://sophiams85.tumblr.com/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    subbrock wrote: »
    pretty much. this is why so many SAHMs get upset when people say that it's an easy job or that they don't "do anything".

i baby sat last week for my friend's 10 month old and i wanted to run away. i have no clue how i'm going to take care of 2 children, by myself.

Am there, doing that. LOL:hello2: I hate to say it but two children are totally different than one. They conspire against you, egg each other on, dare each other to do things they know they would get in trouble for, blame each other, make each other cry.

But the good part is that in a year or so your older one can really start to help you.

• subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    oh she's definitely a "helper", which is what i'm worried about. but she'll be nearly 4 once the baby is born, so she'll have a little bit of sense.

i definitely have a new found respect for single parents. and families with 3-4 children boggle my mind. that seems like so much work!
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    They are little destruction forces at that age, for sure. That part does get better...but then they get into other trouble. Raising children is not for the weak. It's very character building.
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    subbrock wrote: »
    oh she's definitely a "helper", which is what i'm worried about. but she'll be nearly 4 once the baby is born, so she'll have a little bit of sense.

i definitely have a new found respect for single parents. and families with 3-4 children boggle my mind. that seems like so much work!

Max was almost 4 when Maya was born, and it wasn't terrible... he was old enough to dress himself, etc. I don't know how people do it with 2 babies.

I had 3 by myself for quite a while and it was hard but once we were past the crazy newborn stage, I didn't find it to be too much different than 2. Just one more kid... RCW is right though, it's not for the weak.
  • curly_keltiecurly_keltie Registered Users Posts: 791
    I totally agree with you that 'work' is an escape. Work is FAR easier than parenting. I am also a single parent, so there doesn't ever seem to be a break. Not a complaint, just my reality. What I am finding difficult is the life-work balance.

Like you, when my DS was the same age he was into EVERYTHING and I was running my tail off trying to keep up with him. Unlike you, I had a year of maternity leave. This phase passes and you move onto another one that while not necessarily unique presents all new challenges. You cannot even compare your child to other children because they all go through it at the same time. DS did not have the 'Terrible 2s' per se...but the 3s...let's just say we both barely survived.

Best of luck and keep your chin up. Despite the challenges and exasperation, I would not trade this journey for anything.
    Long, blonde, 3a/mostly b hair.

78Da.jpg78Dam6.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file