Step Back!! I'm goin' curly!!

miwacchimiwacchi Posts: 1Registered Users
Hey,

I'm miwacchi from Virginia and this is the first time that I'm going natural. I got my first relaxer when I was 12 and had been using them well.....until now, when my hairdresser told me that she refuses to put another relaxer in my hair. So, I guess I'm going curly. It's been a little over 3 mos since the last relaxer and I'm suspecting that my hairdresser has been texlaxing my hair all along. :scratch:

My hair type is 3c and I'm learning to keep it moisturized and taking care of it, and it's actually easier to take care of than when I had a relaxer (I HATE wrapping my hair). So that's me in a nutshell and I'm hoping to learn a lot from everyone and possibly be able to help others.

Comments

• proudcurlygirlyproudcurlygirly Posts: 478Registered Users
    Hi Miwacchi and welcome. It's nice to hear you've decided to go back to your natural curls. I too have relaxed my hair in the past and I hated the growing out phase (there have been many tears where I've yearned for my curls to grow back.) It's thanks to websites like these that I have learned to appreciate my curls plus pick up some interesting tips along the way.
    :icon_smile: UK Curly
    Curl type : Boticelli, 3a, loose curls
    Porosity : High
    Texture : Fine/medium (I think!)
    Co-wash/rinse out/leave in : L'oreal Full Restore 5, GFR&S, Schwarzkopf Bio Pomegranite
    Gels : Umberto Giannini Flirty Curls Scrunching Jelly
    Finish product : Boots Naked Style Frizz Fighter Serum or a pea-sized blob of condish smoothed over canopy
    CG since Feb 2011

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file