Speak to me of makeup

Curls=BeautyCurls=Beauty Posts: 1,781Registered Users
I've never really used makeup before. I only want a foundation and a concealer. I have pale skin with (I think) pink undertones, a pink/red flush on my cheeks and nose and dark under-eye circles. I want to hide the redness, dark circles and minimize pores.
It HAS to be all natural or almost all natural. Product recs? I'd prefer a liquid foundation. I'm interested in Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals. Anyone have any experiences with it?
Cleanser: Liquid Castile Soap diluted in a foaming soap dispenser
Rinse:
ACV rinse
Detangler/Conditioner:
Oyin Handmade Greg Juice or Juices and Berries
Stylers: Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd, KCCC, Honey Rinses and BRHG, Crack Leave-in Hair Cream when straightening

Tools: Silk pillowcase, Floursack towels, Jersey T-Shirts, Wide Tooth Comb, Velecta Paramount TGR-VQX Hair Dryer (for when I straighten) and BaByliss PRO Ionic Rollabout Hard Hat Dryer

Comments

• RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have the same coloring as you but without the dark undereye circles. I have tried Jane Iredale's tinted moisturizer and it's ok, not stellar. I am curious about the liquid mineral but price is holding me off on that.

In the meantime, you might check out Tarte Cosmetics. Supposed to be more organic. They have a calming powder that does well for toning down the redness and minimizing pores. It won't remove the red totally (nothing does really) but it makes it far less noticeable.
    Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Meow Cosmetics
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • Curls=BeautyCurls=Beauty Posts: 1,781Registered Users
    Rednaturalcurls-Tarte Cosmetics aren't an option. The ingredients are very iffy.

Phoenix-Thanks!! I'll look into ordering some samples to try it out and find my correct shade.
    Rinse:
    ACV rinse
    Detangler/Conditioner:
    Stylers: Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd, KCCC, Honey Rinses and BRHG, Crack Leave-in Hair Cream when straightening

Tools: Silk pillowcase, Floursack towels, Jersey T-Shirts, Wide Tooth Comb, Velecta Paramount TGR-VQX Hair Dryer (for when I straighten) and BaByliss PRO Ionic Rollabout Hard Hat Dryer
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Rednaturalcurls-Tarte Cosmetics aren't an option. The ingredients are very iffy.

Phoenix-Thanks!! I'm ordering some samples to try it out and find my correct shade.

Really? I didn't know that. I haven't had much experience with them beyond that powder I mentioned.
    Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town

Really? I didn't know that. I haven't had much experience with them beyond that powder I mentioned.

Oh well. I thought it looked pretty good, but when I read the ingredients.....definitely not completely natural. The ingredients that aren't natural are not ones I'm okay with.
    Rinse:
    ACV rinse
    Detangler/Conditioner:

• heidiheidi Posts: 243Registered Users
    I use the Jane Iredale pressed foundation and one of her concealers as well.I love them both. Very light and natural. I've never tried the liquid mineral foundation though.
    Medium-fine Texture, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity, Thick Density
    Co-wash: Renpure Body&Shine
    RO: Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
    LI/Curl Enhancer: Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
    Other: I'll add a little AG Mousse Gel if I want something extra.
  • crimsonshedemoncrimsonshedemon Posts: 2,098Registered Users
    Have you looked at 100% Pure? I use a few of the products including the tinted moisturizer and really like it.

http://www.100percentpure.com
    Have you looked at 100% Pure? I use a few of the products including the tinted moisturizer and really like it.

http://www.100percentpure.com

I'll try them out. That brand never came up in my searches. Thanks.
    Rinse:
    ACV rinse
    Detangler/Conditioner:

I started looking at Meow Cosmetics and was going to order samples, but was overwhelmed by how many shades they offered. I looked a little more at different brands and ordered Everyday Mineral's Try Me Free kit in fair and then ordered a brush kit on Amazon. I found my color, which is Fair (I was right! I do have cool undertones) and like the Semi-Matte base the best. It gives a little more coverage than the Original Glow but isn't drying on my skin like the Matte and Intensive.

I noticed that I still had some red showing through no matter how many layers I put on. I purchased the travel sized mint color corrector concealer. I applied that on the areas of redness and then the foundation and it worked like a charm! I find it works best if I apply foundation by buffing on the minerals first and then follow over the concealer spots with another layer of foundation with a makeup sponge and then buff it to blend it in.

To conceal my dark circles under my eyes I first put on a pink color corrector concealer followed by foundation a shade lighter than what I use on my face.

The best part is it doesn't look like I'm wearing any makeup and my face feels bare. Yay!

I think I might try out Meow Cosmetics now that I know what color matches perfectly with Everyday Minerals.

Edit-
    I found that if, after I apply my makeup, I take a little moisturizer and dab it all over my face, I can wear the intensive base. It covers more of the redness and I don't have to use so much green-tinted concealer.
    Rinse:
    ACV rinse
    Detangler/Conditioner:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file