Airbrush makeup?

JillH410JillH410 Posts: 594Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Okay, I did a quick search, but couldn't find anything recent that really mentioned airbrush make up. I've seen a few products out there for airbrushing, but it seems kinda expensive to start out and the only review I've been able to find are on the product's website, so I don't really want to rely on that. Has anyone here ever used airbrush make up before? Either had it done at a salon or actually do it themselves? What do you think?
cowash: Tresemme Naturals
rinse out: Garnier Triple Nutrition
Leave in: Suave naturals, whichever scent I'm into at the moment
gel: Garnier Fructis or LA Looks

3a-3b - high porosity

Comments

• MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I haven't, but it's one of those things that I desperately wish I had the money for. Check out youtube... there's a lot of reviews and demonstrations out there. Some of the people were sent the products by the companies, but people like xsparkage, goldiestarling and petrilude have always been really honest and open with their reviews so I don't think that taints their opinion at all.
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    A friend of mine who's a MUA told me she doesn't like airbrush makeup. I forget why. Part of it is that it's time consuming to do. But that wouldn't be as much of an issue if you're just using it on yourself.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • guanacaxlatinaguanacaxlatina Posts: 69Registered Users
    Go to makeup alley and ull see all reviews of different products, if u have somewhat hairy face be careful as the spray will coat it and wont look good but I think itd be a bit messy, I dnt know, I just prefer knowing where my foundation is being put, not wasting it by it being airborne if that makes sense..
    Totally Loving My New Hair! :toothy8:

Waist Length Black 2b-2c Hair, Thick, Coarse. Normal Porosity. Slight Protein Sensitive.
  • wavyblondewavyblonde Posts: 1,637Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    One of my favorite makeup artists, Kandee Johnson, loves the Dinair airbrush makeup, but sometimes uses it without the airbrush system. It's a lot less expensive and still gives great coverage, apparently. I think you have to apply it fairly quickly, though, to make it blend.
    2c/3a with 2b underlayer. Fine, porous. Loves protein. But not hydrolized wheat protein. Yuck.

Wash: WEN Sweet Almond Mint or Pomegranate
    Gels: LA Looks Sport Gel
    Mousse: Tigi Catwalk Curlesque
    Curling creams/gellies: Coffee Coco Curling Cream Lite, Spiral Solutions Curl Enhancing Jelly, Curls Gel-les'c
    SOTC: JC N&S (LOVE)
    http://public.fotki.com/wavyblonde/hair-2010/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file