Ever feel like your brain is trying to reset itself?

curlylauracurlylaura Registered Users Posts: 8,352 Curl Neophyte
I keep having weird funky brain stuff happening. The only way I can describe it is it's trying to reset itself. I last had this happen for hours after I passed out at work and I'd have long forgotten memories and thoughts running through my mind. I also had a weird lightheaded, sicky feeling but that could be due to passing out.

Today, I've been having the same thing happen, but I haven't passed out. I was looking at pictures of nails on MUA and it happened. I've got a Star Trek film on and it's happened now too, along with deja vu and the lightheadedness.

It's freaky and kind of concerning. But more than anything I'm hoping there are other people who have their brains 'reset' themselves from time to time.
Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.

Comments

• EilonwyEilonwy Registered Users Posts: 12,391 Curl Connoisseur
    I've never heard of anything like that happening. I think you'd better schedule an appointment with a doctor, probably a neurologist.
  • curlylauracurlylaura Registered Users Posts: 8,352 Curl Neophyte
    I was thinking about seeing my GP. I'd have see them to get a referral to anyone else. I thought maybe I hadn't taken my citalopram this morning, because if I don't I get brain shocks, but I definitely took it.
  • CocoTCocoT Registered Users Posts: 5,330
    YEa! As a matter of fact I was just wondering the same thing. I just took a shower and when I got out, I felt all dizzy and sickly and I had to lay down. While I was showering I started to feel a little lightheaded and when I got out the shower the dizziness just hit me. It's been a while since I've actually passed out though so I wouldn't say it was a really serious thing. It's just that sometimes if you don't take care of yourself too well or you just overwhelm yourself, it's hard to make yourself wind down. So I guess it's your body's way of slowing you down.

Idk though, that's just my take on it. I'm the type of person that doesn't like to think something really that serious is wrong with me. It could be something neurological that you might wanna get checked out like Eilonwy suggested, but it also might not be that serious.
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
  • midgimidgi Registered Users Posts: 2,409 Curl Neophyte
    CocoT-- I get lightheaded and dizzy just how you described, but it's not because my brain is "resetting", it happens when I over-exert myself, if I'm exposed to heat for an extended period of time, or if I haven't eaten enough. From what I understand, it occurs due to low blood pressure.

CurlyLaura-- ITA with Eilonwy and think you should talk to your doctor.
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
  • jonquiljonquil Registered Users Posts: 94
    CocoT wrote: »
    YEa! As a matter of fact I was just wondering the same thing. I just took a shower and when I got out, I felt all dizzy and sickly and I had to lay down. While I was showering I started to feel a little lightheaded and when I got out the shower the dizziness just hit me. It's been a while since I've actually passed out though so I wouldn't say it was a really serious thing. It's just that sometimes if you don't take care of yourself too well or you just overwhelm yourself, it's hard to make yourself wind down. So I guess it's your body's way of slowing you down.

That sounds like low blood pressure. Can sometimes happen to me if I have a really hot shower while sick, or if I get up too quickly or when exercising. Try laying down with your legs up and see if that helps next time. Or eat more salt.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    I tend to have low blood pressure (can't donate blood) and this happens to me sometimes. I, agree, talk to your doctor.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • crimsonshedemoncrimsonshedemon Registered Users Posts: 2,098
    Yes, I've felt like this but haven't passed out.
    I have systemic lupus along with other crap that goes with it. I have serious sleep issues....it's not uncommon for me to get 2-4hours of fragmented sleep a night despite using many sleep medications.

Definitely see your doctor who can refer you out.
    I'm going ask one of the Pharmacists at work about it tomorrow and then make a GP appointment.
    Turns out it's a physical manifestation of anxiety and stress. I thought my citalopram would be helping with that because it's used for that and depression but my GP wants me to work out how to deal with the stress and anxiety before increasing or changing my medication. I do have a lot going on at the moment and I feel like I'm being pulled in 4 directions at once. I guess his thinking is that's it's a temporary thing and when the stress causer had gone, it will stop.
  • ninja dogninja dog Registered Users Posts: 23,780 Curl Neophyte
    I don't think your doctor is supportive enough. He's always telling you to "stiff upper lip" it. Screw that. If you need help, you need help, and toughing it out isn't going to change that fact. I know it's cultural, but.....grrrrrrrr!

Sorry for the rant. Just concerned.
    ninja dog wrote: »
    I don't think your doctor is supportive enough. He's always telling you to "stiff upper lip" it. Screw that. If you need help, you need help, and toughing it out isn't going to change that fact. I know it's cultural, but.....grrrrrrrr!

Sorry for the rant. Just concerned.

I've often thought the same thing. I want another opinion on this and something else. I had blood test a few months ago to check my thyroid function and it came back 'normal' and yet I have all the symptoms of a crapping out thyroid. I need to see another GP. It's very annoying how I can only see the one's in my surgery and can't make an appointment with any other doctor.
  • melloweermelloweer Registered Users Posts: 2,308
    curlylaura wrote: »
    I was thinking about seeing my GP. I'd have see them to get a referral to anyone else. I thought maybe I hadn't taken my citalopram this morning, because if I don't I get brain shocks, but I definitely took it.

Ugh Brain shocks! I get those too. Mine literally feel like a zap of electricity in my brain. I hate brain shocks but they sure do clear your thoughts out. I only get them when I have too much on my mind for a long time. Always when I'm stressed about something.
    melloweer wrote: »

Ugh Brain shocks! I get those too. Mine literally feel like a zap of electricity in my brain. I hate brain shocks but they sure do clear your thoughts out. I only get them when I have too much on my mind for a long time. Always when I'm stressed about something.

Mine go from my brain to my right knee. I may only be a few hours late taking my meds but it will happen. They're disorientating.

Although, going by Roy Boys thoughts in my siggy, I can't be suffering from stress because my hair isn't frizzy right now.
  • melloweermelloweer Registered Users Posts: 2,308
    melloweer wrote: »

Mine go from my brain to my right knee. I may only be a few hours late taking my meds but it will happen. They're disorientating.

Although, going by Roy Boys thoughts in my siggy, I can't be suffering from stress because my hair isn't frizzy right now.

Oh so very disorientating!! I don't know if I could handle them from my brain to my knee. Mine go from brain to upper back.
  • ninja dogninja dog Registered Users Posts: 23,780 Curl Neophyte
    Mine just stay in my head. I had them like mad when I went 2.5 days without my usual SSRI. It was literally like a lightning storm.
    I had one day when they went on and on, one after the other when I was at the gym on a cross trainer. How I didn't fall off is anyone's guess. I sometimes get them even when I've taken my medication.
  • BigS88BigS88 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    I just experienced the same thing on Saturday I was having a drink in a mates then he was playin mate videos on YouTube and my brain started feeling fuzzy and literally started feeling asif my brain was resetting and it’s definitely shook me up and I’m not sure what it was I just left me mates and carried on walking to re-adjust myself but it was a horrible feeling and I’m still unsure what it was, it felt like I was going insane.
  • BigS88BigS88 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    I just experienced the same thing on Saturday I was having a drink in a mates then he was playin videos on YouTube and my brain started feeling fuzzy and literally started feeling asif my brain was resetting and it’s definitely shook me up and I’m not sure what it was I just left me mates and carried on walking to re-adjust myself but it was a horrible feeling and I’m still unsure what it was, it felt like I was going insane.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file