Artemis Fowl?

kat180kat180 Registered Users Posts: 6,280 Curl Novice
Anyone read these?

I need a new good trilogy. Some favorites are Philip Pullman, Rick Riordan, Garth Nix, William Nicholson.

Im undecided on Septimus Heap, I have read the first and will read the next, but I didnt instantly love it.

Comments

• kaybkayb Registered Users Posts: 5,054
    It's more than a trilogy ain't it?

I read one in the middle of the series. It was decent, and I was intrigued, but not enough to go out and buy the rest. Which is pretty sad because I wanted to read them for years,

Trilogy: Bartiaemus Trilogy (loved it so frackin much) Love love love love
    I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
    "
  • KookyCurlKookyCurl Registered Users Posts: 1,980
    Have you read The Hunger Games trilogy yet? I can't remember from your other posts if you had or not.

I also rather enjoyed The Luxe series by Anna Godberson. Focuses on girls in New York society just before the turn of the 19th century accompanied with glittery parties, deception, backstabbing, love etc. Excellent YA historical fiction.
  • kat180kat180 Registered Users Posts: 6,280 Curl Novice
    KookyCurl wrote: »
    Have you read The Hunger Games trilogy yet? I can't remember from your other posts if you had or not.

I also rather enjoyed The Luxe series by Anna Godberson. Focuses on girls in New York society just before the turn of the 19th century accompanied with glittery parties, deception, backstabbing, love etc. Excellent YA historical fiction.

Hunger Games is on my list :)

I have seen the Luxe books but couldnt decide whether they looked good or not - but I think I will give them a go :) Thanks
    But, but Bartimeaus :sad8:

and Fablehaven.

I promise they are good.
    I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
    "
  • kat180kat180 Registered Users Posts: 6,280 Curl Novice
    kayb wrote: »
    But, but Bartimeaus :sad8:

and Fablehaven.

I promise they are good.

Lol I have those two on my amazon wish list.

For some reason you cant get them here - I have to buy them second hand of another seller!
    Hmm. I'm actually really surprised about that, only because Stroud is a British writer, and I am sorely disappointed in his publishing team :error:
    :toothy5:

ETA: apparently there have been attempts to ban the books in some places.....wowza.
    "
  • KookyCurlKookyCurl Registered Users Posts: 1,980
    kat180 wrote: »
    KookyCurl wrote: »

Hunger Games is on my list :)

I have seen the Luxe books but couldnt decide whether they looked good or not - but I think I will give them a go :) Thanks

No problem! I rather enjoyed them, though to be honest I didn't really like the ending. It's kind of Gossip Girl-y but set at the turn of the century. I'm now waiting for her new series Pretty Young Things to become available at the library.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file