tmi, but itchy scalp :(

nanachannanachan Registered Users Posts: 110
so, i've been trying to go shampoo-less, but every time i hit day three, i get a horribly itchy scalp. its really bad. so i go to massage my scalp with a co-wash, but it just doesn't get rid of the itch. and its the type, where scratching it makes it worse :[ i don't know what to do, cuz i would love to go shampoo-less but i can't find a way to. any suggestions?
my hair loves::love7:
KCKT
CURLS goddess curls[/COLOR]
Trader Joe's Tea tree conditioner

I'm on my way to growing out my hair to BSL and possibly longer- to also grow out a horrible uneven cut!

before:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• MollyrightMollyright Registered Users Posts: 7
    nanachan wrote: »
    so, i've been trying to go shampoo-less, but every time i hit day three, i get a horribly itchy scalp. its really bad. so i go to massage my scalp with a co-wash, but it just doesn't get rid of the itch. and its the type, where scratching it makes it worse :[ i don't know what to do, cuz i would love to go shampoo-less but i can't find a way to. any suggestions?

I feel your pain. I tryed the no poo method when I first went natural but don't found that the no poo method does not work for me.

If you want to still do the no poo method try ACV rinses or herbal rinses. Another option is to clean scalp with an astringent like witch hazel or sea breeze.

However, my real recommendation is to keep using a low poo shampoo like devacurl or miss jessies creme de la curl. I use Creme de la curl and it is the only product in that line that I fork out cash for so that is saying something.

Good New is that there is a buy one get one free sale coming up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Last Relaxer/Texturizer: 2007 ( off and on natural since 2002):cheers:

Favorite Products:Giovanni Direct Leave-In,Eco Styler Gel, New! Lock it Up Gel,Dudu Osun Black Soap (use as shampoo), New!: Every Man Jack Shampoo @ target
    Never Again: :sad3: Jane Carter Solution, IC Fantasia, Herbal Essence (cones), Raw Shea Butter (heavy)
    Hair Type: 4a ( back of hair), 4c ( around temples), 4b (everywhere else)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file