HeLP!! i just want loose pretty waves

nicolina3nicolina3 Posts: 2Registered Users
Hey i'm new to this! Straighten my hair at least twice a week and don't wash it out... I can't stand my hair straight but it is just so much more managable than curly hair. I would love to have loose curls like Kate Hudson... I just can't seem to tame my hair at the crown! It is tight ugly curls that poof up.. i look like a puff ball.. even when i let my hair air try it puffs up. Would love some advice!! Thank you.

Comments

• morrighumorrighu Posts: 707Registered Users
    If your hair is frizzy unstraightened, you may have damaged it and that may be why its so unruly. Truly, your hair will be better when you learn how to work WITH your hair instead of fighting it.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Welcome! We're glad you've joined our community!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • leslie645leslie645 Posts: 5Registered Users
    Hi
    I know some curlies use DIY bkt and get fab results. Do some research (it has formaldehyde) and see if its something you think will help your situ.

I just had mine BKt'ed and get to do my first wash tomorrow. My hair is wavy 2b or 2c, I guess. We'll see what it looks like in a week.
    Anyhoo, Good luck:) and welcome:)
    Wavy 2b/2c, very thick, tends to tangle underneath.
    New BKTer
  • IAgirlIAgirl Posts: 2,540Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hi Nicolina3, welcome.
    You have the tight curls and volume I'd like, and I have the waves and loose curls that you'd like.
    I see a pattern here.
    Because we can't trade :toothy3: it might be worth reading up on how to deal with your curls here because you just might discover/accept that they're beautiful too. It's the hair you were meant to have. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Who knoes, Kate Hudson my secretly wish for tight, voluminous curls!

If you want a looser look, you might try those rollers that use steam (I have some I got for $28 about 5 years ago). They give a good set and curly hair holds a set better than any other.

There is more information here about how to learn to love your natural hair than anyplace else and people who are generous with their advice and support. Hang in there!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file