People with curls that straighten, and say 'Your's look Beautiful'

KF<3KF<3 Registered Users Posts: 25
I know a girl in my neighborhood who straightens her hair (it's in the 2 types) , it looks good straight but a couple (though very very few) times I see her when she doesn't have straight hair, and I proceed to tell her 'You're hair looks really nice.' She tells me (she's not being rude BTW) 'Thanks, though I straighten it because I don't like. But you have like the most beautiful hair EVER!' This actually happened more then once with different people.

What is it about not liking your hair? She clearly likes curly hair, if she likes mine, is it just that everyone is there own self-critic? I guess she, and many others, need to find that balance of love with our hair, which many times we didn't have when we were younger.

Do you know other curlies that straighten, and never fail to say how much they love your hair? Come on! You love it on other people, love yours too!
dssd-1-1.png?t=1284218132

Comments

• ZeldaZelda Registered Users Posts: 17
    I totally understand!I think curly hair looks amazing on others but terrible on me and I have the added problem of a round face...
  • RacerWife7RacerWife7 Registered Users Posts: 895 Curl Novice
    I know lots of people who straighten and tell me my curls are prettier than theirs are. I want to shake them and tell them to quit straightening and get to know and care for their curls. Personally, I think it's a lack of self-esteem that keeps them from embracing their natural curl. ...The grass is always greener on the other side you know. ;)
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    Properties: Dense, Fine, Low Porosity, Low Elasticity
    My Picasa Album
    What I used in this photo:
    Cleansing: Suave Tropical Coconut Condish
    Conditioner: CJ Smoothing Condish
    Styling: CJCQ
    th_d963586e.jpg
  • RacerWife7RacerWife7 Registered Users Posts: 895 Curl Novice
    Wait!... Who am I to talk - that was ME not so long ago!! :oops: LOL!

It only took me to the age of about 30 (at least - maybe 35) to figure out that I had some pretty cool curls. ;)
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    Properties: Dense, Fine, Low Porosity, Low Elasticity
    My Picasa Album
    What I used in this photo:
    Cleansing: Suave Tropical Coconut Condish
    Conditioner: CJ Smoothing Condish
    Styling: CJCQ
    th_d963586e.jpg
  • curlyfries1989curlyfries1989 Registered Users Posts: 5
    Curl Inferiority Complex lol

I used to be one of those people.
  • kat180kat180 Registered Users Posts: 6,280 Curl Novice
    We are our own worst critics.

I've had people say this to me. Im sure I've said it myself in the past.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file