Curly confused.

SharpobjectsSharpobjects Posts: 7Registered Users
So I'm totally new hence the post in the newbies area!
I've figured my hair type.
2c
m/c
iii

I've picked my co-wash from the very helpful budget friendly list. I've watched the ploppling and pineappling video.
I've decided mouse...I've always used mouse.
I've picked up my clarifying shampoo to start.
I've picked out an old t-shirt for plopping.
I've purchased a satin pillow case.
I'm still lost on leave-in, styling type (which mouse), curl cream????
Where do I go from here??

Also Hi!!:blob2:

2b/2c, low porosity, high density, medium, medium and long
currently using: Organix Coconut Anti Breakage Oil, Keratin Oil 3 minute miraculous recovery, awapuhi ginger shampoo and conditioner
Using no heat or hot stylers

Comments

• espresso.curlsespresso.curls Posts: 94Registered Users
    So I'm totally new hence the post in the newbies area!
    I've figured my hair type.
    2c
    m/c
    iii

I've picked my co-wash from the very helpful budget friendly list. I've watched the ploppling and pineappling video.
    I've decided mouse...I've always used mouse.
    I've picked up my clarifying shampoo to start.
    I've picked out an old t-shirt for plopping.
    I've purchased a satin pillow case.
    I'm still lost on leave-in, styling type (which mouse), curl cream????
    Where do I go from here??

Also Hi!!:blob2:
    Hello there! Welcome! I'm a newbie here too, hehe.

Um, I use either a mousse from Garnier Fructis, or Aussie's Catch the Wave Mousse + Leave-In Conditioner. I'm still on the hunt for stuff though, but so far those two have served me decently. My hair is a combination of 3a, 3b, and 3c, though, haha.

Good luck! Keep us updated with how your curly quest is going =]

Just rockin' the natural curls.
  • morrighumorrighu Posts: 707Registered Users
    First off, Hi!

As for your product questions, welcome to the world of being a curly. Just as no two of us have the same curl pattern, no two of us hair that responds 100% twinkie identical to products.

Congrats on the satin pillow cases. Took me a while to break down and try them when I started. FYI, in many cases the satin bonnets work better and they're all of I think $5 at WalMart.

Mostly, it's a journey about learning to live WITH and work WITH your hair instead of fighting it and doing damaging things to it. Be prepared to experiment. Don't be afraid to try things. If it's in your pantry or you could reasonably expect to be able to eat it and remain unharmed (maybe not taste good but not be poisoned, burned, etc.), it's probably safe to put on your hair.

What your hair wants will change over time because your hair changes as you age. It will also change with the seasons and with what you've been doing lately. Gray hairs curl differently. In winter, my hair is dryer and wants different things. My hair will decide that its had enough olive oil for now (You can tell because when you put it on, your hair will get stiff, hard, and/or really tangly very suddenly) thank you very much and would like something new. If your have been out in the sun and start to get blond streaks, they will likely not have as much curl to them.

I know its a lot to take in but it will quickly become 2nd nature. I mostly make my own hair gel. You can hit the link in my sig for inexpensive things you can make yourself.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Welcome to NaturallyCurly!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file