transitioning from locs - products

luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte
i've been posting out on the 4 threads and reading the no poo and transitioning threads for several weeks now. i'm fairly certain that i will be cutting my locs at the end of the month. i will retain about 6 inches of natural hair (hopefully). right now i'm trying to establish my products so that i can make a successful transition. i've had locs for almost 6 years and was natural awhile before that but things have really changed since i locked my hair in mar 2001...so look at what i have and tell me what i need so i can get the best result, please!!

HAVE:
- suave conditioners for cowashing
- elasta dpr-11 deep conditioner (motowngirl.com recommendation)
- garnier 3 min deep conditioner
- garnier leave in cream
- fantastia ic clear gel

WANT
- kinky curls curling custard
- curl junkie product (not sure which one, please help)

i really don't want to waste money or spend $300 on different products so you ladies help would be greatly appreciated!!

btw, my hair is course and i have 4a/b hair but not clearly distinguishable curls (so i'll have to have products that can bring them out). i also have the zigzag thing going on a little bit. the one fear i have is that my hair was hard/dry before i locked and it made it harder to deal with. i didn't know about nopoo and all the conditioners and not using cones and all that then so i'm hoping for softer, more moisturized hair that i had before...

please help ladies
a dreamy pisces :fish:
please recycle, it matters...
i change lives...through fitness
i'm more relaxed being natural

Comments

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    I'd suggest be prepred for your hair to go through a transition in the first 4-8 weeks after you cut the locs off. It's going to be changing. Give it as much moisture as possible.

I highly recommend frequent pre-shampoo treatments of coconut milk, coconut oil, honey, castor oil and conditioner. Put it on dry hair under heat for 1/2 hour, then wash and condition as usual. Do this every 2 weeks & you will love your hair.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte
    thanks Suburbanbushbabe! do you do the curly girl routine? i wasn't sure what to expect w/ my hair because technically it is natural but i haven't deep conditioned and all that in years because it's counterproductive to maintaining locs. right now now i'm co-washing and deep conditioning and preparing for cutting my locs...
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte
    anyone else???

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list