How can I get frizz free curls when plopping?

Hot_MaxineHot_Maxine Posts: 22Registered Users
So my first time trying to plop was yesterday and I have to say it was okay. My curls were defined, although shrunken and frizzy when I tried to re-plop again over night. Well I'm plopping right now. I did the super soaker method, scrunching most of the water out, then I applied hair paste since I didn't have any gel and smoothed my hair with a creamy shea butter mix and plopped for 20 minutes. Am I supposed to plop until my hair is dry and what can I do to salvage my hair if it turns out frizzy again?

Comments

• morrighumorrighu Posts: 707Registered Users
    For me at least Frizz = Too Dry

Let me guess, you're plopping in a cotton T-shirt?

Normally, you don't plop until dry. You plop until the curly clumps form and then you release it while still wet to either air dry (far preferable but time time consuming) or diffuser dry.
  • Hot_MaxineHot_Maxine Posts: 22Registered Users
    Thank you! So the overnight plopping is a no-no. I was wondering why on all the youtube videos they would use a diffuser. I don't have a diffuser unfortunately so I air dry and it causes it to frizz or look extremely noodle like! I hate it when my hair looks like crunchy spagetti noodles lol. Would using [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/store/product.php?productid=151&cat=0&page=1?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Duckbill-Clips]duckbill clips[/buylink] and bobby pins likely keep the frizz down? I usually have smooth roots but the bottom puffs out and frizzes.
  • chocolate<3chocolate<3 Posts: 17Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hot_Maxine wrote: »
    Thank you! So the overnight plopping is a no-no. I was wondering why on all the youtube videos they would use a diffuser. I don't have a diffuser unfortunately so I air dry and it causes it to frizz or look extremely noodle like! I hate it when my hair looks like crunchy spagetti noodles lol. Would using [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/store/product.php?productid=151&cat=0&page=1?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Duckbill-Clips]duckbill clips[/buylink] and bobby pins likely keep the frizz down? I usually have smooth roots but the bottom puffs out and frizzes.

actually you CAN plop overnight, it made my hair SUPER curly, so awesome. i got so many compliments the next day :)
    I dont use a diffuser either so im forced to airdry v_v it leaves my hair really frizzy too.... ill be checking back for solutions! :D
  • wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    Hot_Maxine wrote: »

Overnight plopping is totally okay, like chocolate<3 said, but in your case it probably wouldn't work since from your description you need to take the plop out sooner. Some people only plop for about 5-10 minutes, and others do it for hours. Experiment a little, and you'll find that magic number. :thumbleft: Also, do you put gel in your hair? That helps hold everything together, and the bottom of your hair probably won't puff and frizz as much.

Duckbill clips are mostly for volume, not smoothing down frizz. I would definitely try them if you want more volume on top, but they probably won't do much in the way of frizz.
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • anonymous_60337anonymous_60337 Posts: 22Registered Users
    probably depends on the type of curls you have to. I can plop overnight if I have gel in my hair and they come out fine, not frizzy!
    3b, shoulder-length, cut all one length
    Co-wash: VO5 or Suave Naturals
    Conditioners: Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine
    Leave in: Tresemme Naturals
    Gel: LA Looks 9 Hold

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file