GROSS hair situation...

Last week, I was combing out my hair before hopping in the shower. My scalp was KILLING me, so I asked my husband to come in and look at the top of my head at my scalp and see if I had a scratch or eczema or something. Lo and behold, it was...

A zit! Isn't that icky? I had never had such things happen before, but I had a horrible blemish on the top of my head. Has that happened to anyone else before? My hair has been pretty troublesome lately. I had to sulfate wash this week, and I may have to do it again. My hair has been getting really weighed down, and this pimply scalp isn't helping matters.
:batman: 2b/cFi, low density, normal porosity, high elasticity

Low-poo
: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
Conditioner
: Suave Naturals (whatever scent I have on hand)
Styling
: Paul Mitchell Round Trip, Tresemme Climate Control Finishing Spray

I'm a hair minimalist: the less time I spend on my hair, the better.

Comments

• BLBBLB Posts: 268Registered Users
    I am amazed at some of the places I get pimples...so while I don't think I've had one on my scalp yet, it wouldn't surprise me in the least! Don't feel gross at all :laughing9:
    2's+3a/ med density/ normal-high porosity/ fine-med texture, normal elasticity (I think!):
    Wash: CJ Daily Fix/Giovanni TTTT
    Conditioner: Giovanni TTT
    DT/PT: CJ Rehab, SSPDT
    LI: Giovanni DLI, AO Mandarin Magic- Jane Carter Scalp Nourishing Serum for dry, sensitive scalp
    Stylers: AG Re:coil, Mop C Curl Cream, CCClite, Spiral Solutions FHG...Sealing w/ Coconut oil
    Finishing product: JC Nourish & Shine, MD Strawberry Smoothie
    http://picasaweb.google.com/114440579402158395573/HAIRPICS?feat=directlink
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    It actually happens to me all the time. I have to really pay attention to cleaning my scalp with a low poo occasionally (or ACV) to keep it from happening from the rich products I use. Granted, I'm acne prone. But you have to remember that your scalp is just your skin. The pores on it can get clogged too.
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It may be due to the products you are using. When I used CK and Paul Mitchell LI conditioners, I used to get zits alone my hair line all the time. I also got the odd one in my hair, particularly on the back of my head for some reason.

When I stopped using CK and PM conditioners and LI's, I never had a problem after that.
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file