2 new things that I learned from my stylist yesterday-tangles and winter hair!

justajesuschickjustajesuschick Posts: 1,657Registered Users Curl Neophyte
She has fine hair like mine but a bit curlier. She mentioned that she has better hair in the winter than she does in summer. What? What! I quizzed her more and she asked what my hair is like in winter-even when it was straight. I told her that my hair is not oily, has volume and static in winter. She said that mine may be better in winter, too. She said that some fine, wavies like me get limp hair in summer because the humidity does not "curl up" our hair, but flattens it. Oh, I hope she is right!!

I also showed her my missing chunk area that I cut when I got the tangle. The good news is that since she layered me up, it is all gone! She explained (rymorg and probably the rest of you know this but I did not) that hair with ruffled/raised/damaged cuticle will tangle easier. She ask if I knew when it happened and I told her of the Olefin Sulfonate. I told her that I suspected that and she agreed.
I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity
CG since 7/1/2010

Cleanse: Abba Color Protect
Condition: DevaCurl OC
LI: CJ-Deep Fix, Beauticurls LI
Curl Enhancer: CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler, CJRM

Comments

• IAgirlIAgirl Posts: 2,540Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Having been cutting my hair bit by bit these days (thanks a LOT, all of you getting Deva cuts which are available only hundreds of miles from me and not in my budget!) and have gone from tangles, tangles, tangles to almost none. Length has something to do with it.
    My older, damaged hair snarled all the time (guess it was grouchy).

Hope yours is happier in winter. That might make the winter more tolerable.
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    I'm totally like that. I always have better hair in winter than summer. At least, that's how it's been till now. But my hair always changes. That's the only thing constant with it! LOL!
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jcbarayjcbaray Posts: 17Registered Users
    I have also had a fear of how my hair would react this winter. I live in the very humid Atlanta area, and thought I might lose my curls this winter. However, we have had very dry days lately, at least to me, (Dew points in the 30's) and my hair actually does better on those days! I was very surprised and happy!:flower:
    Recently discovered my curly hair and nc.com :love4:

CG since 5/2010

2c/3a, Fine, Color treated, porous, low-elasticity, low density

Co-Wash: Suave Naturals Coconut, TJ's TTT
    Low-Poo: Shea Moisture-Moisture Retention Shampoo
    Conditioner: Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioning Milk, LaCoupe Shine & Smooth, GVP Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Leave In: GDLI
    Style: Deva Arc Angel, KCCC, BRHG, Alba Botanical Strong Hold Gel
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I used to LOVE Summer hair it was so easy and carefree for me. Notice I said "used" to love because this past Summer was horrid! I only got 2nd day hair a handful of times it was a constant struggle with POOF and FRIZZ and glycerin sensitivity which I never ever had in the warmer months. Like Ry my hair keeps changing maybe it's our age :lol: Anyway I'm loving these nice low dew points and cool air. I find I can control my moisture needs more in the colder weather then in the Summer. Hopefully this keeps up!
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file