Not sure what's going on...moisture related?!

The dew points are dropping & I'm noticing my hair needs extra moisture. Only low poo every 3 days. Well today was my low poo day & I did a moisture treatment (no cones, organic etc) & also put some Giovanni deep moisturizing treatment on my ends in addition. My hair reacted horribly. I think I lost 1\2 my hair tangling in the shower (weird because it was super smooth as soon as I got in & let water run through- i use oils on the ends during my 3 days). Anyhow, the only thing that brought a comb through was my Tresemme Natural moisturizing.

I got the moisturizing mask (single pac) & Giovanni from Target today. thoughts? I know they said 'deep moisturizing' & weren't protein treatments...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]properties-3 a\b, very fine, medium density, normal porosity, normal elasticity
low poo- GTT, 50\50 or whatever I have at hand
RO- CJBCS, TNVC, Suave Coco
Stylers-FSG & BRHG
PT (twice a week)-CJRM, Ion Reconstructor, SSPT

Comments

• rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    stefflynh wrote: »
    The dew points are dropping & I'm noticing my hair needs extra moisture. Only low poo every 3 days. Well today was my low poo day & I did a moisture treatment (no cones, organic etc) & also put some Giovanni deep moisturizing treatment on my ends in addition. My hair reacted horribly. I think I lost 1\2 my hair tangling in the shower (weird because it was super smooth as soon as I got in & let water run through- i use oils on the ends during my 3 days). Anyhow, the only thing that brought a comb through was my Tresemme Natural moisturizing.

I got the moisturizing mask (single pac) & Giovanni from Target today. thoughts? I know they said 'deep moisturizing' & weren't protein treatments...

Without knowing exactly what you used, I can say that I was in Target and checked out some of their organic single packs like that and they all had either cones in them or protein. Even when they say moisture you still have to check. I think that's ridiculous personally but I look to be sure. I've seen plenty a "moisture treatment" that has "amino acids" or "Hydrolized whatever" in it.
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stefflynhstefflynh Posts: 410Registered Users
    The way my hair reacted I thought maybe protein overload. My hair loves protein, but with it being so dry & a little protein in everything i use-def. didn't need a treatment. Ugh. Very misleading. Even on the back it stated 'deep moisturizing treatment' Thank goodness I only bough a single pack. I tossed it, so I unfortunetly don't have the ingredients. I do know there wasn't cones-that's the only thing I scanned for (now I know better!)!

I can check the Giovanni bottle, since that I bought a full thing of...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]properties-3 a\b, very fine, medium density, normal porosity, normal elasticity
    low poo- GTT, 50\50 or whatever I have at hand
    RO- CJBCS, TNVC, Suave Coco
    Stylers-FSG & BRHG
    PT (twice a week)-CJRM, Ion Reconstructor, SSPT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file