CurlTalk

Paging Ghost Poster...I need your expert advice!

CupcakeCupcake Posts: 68Registered Users
Hello Ghost Poster,

I have 3c hair and I use QOD Max for bone straight results...I LOVE this keratin treatment!

My natural hair is dark brown and I just got caramel/copper highlights yesterday. I've read that some treatments will change/alter the color of highlights or make them look orange. I paid a pretty penny for my highlights and I don't want them to look a mess. I know you highlight your hair as well, have you had any problems with the keratin treatment altering your highlighted color? :?:

Thank you,

Cupcake

Comments

• ~Ghost Poster~~Ghost Poster~ Posts: 2,264Registered Users
    LOL, gosh, I don't know about *expert* advice...:oops:

Well, since my hair is very dark brown--almost black--to begin with, it almost always lifts to an orangey color anyway, but my repeated BKT applications didn't alter my highlights one single bit. I stopped having my hair highlighted back in Feb because it's too damaging to my fine hair, but the highlights that were done then are still true to their original color. I now color my new growth grays to look like highlights using a cassia/henna mixture.

Just make sure you stay away from any products containing sodium anything or potassium anything (as well as sulfates, of course) and your color should be fine! :thumbup: Enjoy your hair!

ETA: You can kind of see my hair color in my profile pic (click on my name over on the left to view profile pic). I don't know if you consider that orangey, but that's how it looked from the start for the most part. I'm not trying to look like a pumpkin either!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]d575b15bb0aa40deb59950570e3268e7.gif
    Baby fine, honey & caramel hilites, 4a/3c now 2b w/DIY BKT & LOVIN' it.
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    L'oreal EP Moisture-Rinse-out
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
    Clean-smelling-hair freak washes EOD; dry w/bowl diffuser
    Cassia+henna+grays=Gold-red hilites :love1:
    ~That you don't share my experiences/opinions doesn't invalidate them :wink:
    I wondered if it tasted like a hot dog. ~Phoenix
  • CupcakeCupcake Posts: 68Registered Users
    GhostPoster,

You are way too modest.:iconbiggrin: I appreciate you respondly so quickly and I am relieved that I don't have to order a different treatment! I bought the 33oz bottle and to have to leave it sitting under my cabinet would be a total shame!

I've been using Pureology sulfate free shampoo in the purple bottle and for conditioner I use Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner. :-)

Thanks again, I really appreciate it!!
  • ~Ghost Poster~~Ghost Poster~ Posts: 2,264Registered Users
    Cupcake wrote: »
    GhostPoster,

You are way too modest.:iconbiggrin: I appreciate you respondly so quickly and I am relieved that I don't have to order a different treatment! I bought the 33oz bottle and to have to leave it sitting under my cabinet would be a total shame!

I've been using Pureology sulfate free shampoo in the purple bottle and for conditioner I use Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner. :-)

Thanks again, I really appreciate it!!

You're welcome! I used the Pureology purple bottle in the beginning, too, because it's all I had initially. I hated the way it smelled, though, so I never bought anymore. My stylist, who did the highlights, used Pureology on my hair as well--the green bottle--smelled divine--I think it is for smoothing the hair. It also has the anti-fade/sulfate free technology if you want to try it next, since you seem to like to wear your hair straight.

I still have some of my QOD Max left--one year later. I think it's still good, but I'll probably use the Gold from here on anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]d575b15bb0aa40deb59950570e3268e7.gif
    Baby fine, honey & caramel hilites, 4a/3c now 2b w/DIY BKT & LOVIN' it.
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    L'oreal EP Moisture-Rinse-out
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
    Clean-smelling-hair freak washes EOD; dry w/bowl diffuser
    Cassia+henna+grays=Gold-red hilites :love1:
    ~That you don't share my experiences/opinions doesn't invalidate them :wink:
    I wondered if it tasted like a hot dog. ~Phoenix