live curly hair analysis

13»

Comments

• JennyQJennyQ Posts: 103Registered Users
    xcptnl wrote: »
    Now I want to know what they are doing with all those baggies of hair after they are done CSIing them!
    They are doubling the curly population by cloning all of us. haha
    Thanks to my Live Curly Live Free Hair Analysis, I can confidently list my properties.

Hair Texture: Medium
    Hair Porosity: Low (Not what I was expecting at all!)
    Hair Elasticity: Normal
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Payday is tomorrow, and I can't wait to order!

Do we have to actually pluck the hairs, or are shed hairs from the approprite areas acceptable? Are they looking for a root bulb?
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • RustinaRustina Posts: 894Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The root bulb is not necessary, but the instructions ask that the hairs come from within 1/2" of the scalp. Also, you're asked to supply hair samples from 5 specific areas of your head, and I don't think you'd be able to confidently do that if you took shed hairs. HTH!
    Sulfate/non-water-soluble silicone free since 8/16/10
    Northern VA
    Med-coarse, normal porosity, low elasticity
    Dye-free since 11/2010

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    tapping fingers
    waiting patiently
    tapping
    tapping
    waiting
    waiting
    : )

Wouldn't it be funny if my bag-o-hair got lost and then opened at the post office? They'd be like 'WTF is this about??" : )
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • DolphinDolphin Posts: 329Registered Users
    ty
    Some 2b in the back, mostly (using FIA) 2c/F/iii.

Fine hair, normal porosity, and normal elasticity.

I'm still new to this CG stuff, so ANY tips you could give me are appreciated. :)

I have Celiac Disease, which means I can't eat or use products with wheat in it.

Formerly known as curlygirl92 and mixofwavescurls
  • SpaghettiHeadSpaghettiHead Posts: 1,510Registered Users
    Haha Jeepcurly...I was thinking the same thing when I mailed mine off!! They'd think we were into some weird voodoo ritual or something...

Teal- I don't think it will hurt if you have too many, it says 16-20 is what you SHOULD have. I'd think it would only matter if you didn't have enough. :) I think they just need enough hairs to make a good analysis.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • asianrunnerasianrunner Posts: 2,251Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    haha I thought the same thing!
    tapping fingers
    waiting patiently
    tapping
    tapping
    waiting
    waiting

Wouldn't it be funny if my bag-o-hair got lost and then opened at the post office? They'd be like 'WTF is this about??" : )
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

• RacerWife7RacerWife7 Posts: 895Registered Users Curl Novice
    Just as an FYI, if you have received your analysis results already, you will be re-receiving them in .pdf format. We meant to convert them before sending them out (since not everyone has MS Word), but didn't realize we hadn't until they had already been sent. Our bad!

We are running about 7-10 days on responses right now. Bear in mind, however, we have given ourselves a 3-4 week window to accommodate backlogs, vacations, etc., so we might not always be this speedy :)

We hope everyone finds the analyses of value and would definitely appreciate your feedback. The responses are running about six pages and include a great deal of information on hair properties, product ingredients and product types.

Curl Wizard is on schedule to deploy November 15 :)

Tiff, did you get my emails? I know there was an email issue with the [email protected] address. I sent my analysis out on 11/3 and haven't heard anything yet. Since so many have results already, I'm wondering if it ever got there?! (visions of weird voodoo ritual running through my head... - see prior posts... LOL)
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    Properties: Dense, Fine, Low Porosity, Low Elasticity
    My Picasa Album
    What I used in this photo:
    Cleansing: Suave Tropical Coconut Condish
    Conditioner: CJ Smoothing Condish
    Styling: CJCQ
    th_d963586e.jpg
  • pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    http://livecurlylivefree.blogspot.com/2010/11/e-mail-issues.html
    This post on live curly live free says they are having issues with this e-mail address. [email protected]
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    RacerWife7 wrote: »
    Just as an FYI, if you have received your analysis results already, you will be re-receiving them in .pdf format. We meant to convert them before sending them out (since not everyone has MS Word), but didn't realize we hadn't until they had already been sent. Our bad!

We are running about 7-10 days on responses right now. Bear in mind, however, we have given ourselves a 3-4 week window to accommodate backlogs, vacations, etc., so we might not always be this speedy :)

We hope everyone finds the analyses of value and would definitely appreciate your feedback. The responses are running about six pages and include a great deal of information on hair properties, product ingredients and product types.

Curl Wizard is on schedule to deploy November 15 :)

Tiff, did you get my emails? I know there was an email issue with the [email protected] address. I sent my analysis out on 11/3 and haven't heard anything yet. Since so many have results already, I'm wondering if it ever got there?! (visions of weird voodoo ritual running through my head... - see prior posts... LOL)

Well now I'm gonna start worrying that mine didn't get there. I sent it 10/31.
    tapping fingers
    waiting patiently
    tapping
    worrying
    tapping
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    For those who have received their results, what email address did the email come from? Was it [email protected]? Or was it [email protected]?
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    My Picasa Album
    th_d963586e.jpg
  • RustinaRustina Posts: 894Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    For those who have received their results, what email address did the email come from? Was it [email protected]? Or was it [EMAIL="[email protected]?"][email protected]?[/EMAIL]
    Neither - mine came from [email protected].

I wouldn't panic yet - I imagine that they're quickly aquiring a high number of samples to analyze, and could have become backed up. If you sent yours on 11/3, RW, today is only day 9, and that includes whatever time it took for the mail to get it there. I should think you'll hear within a few days, but I understand how anxious you are!
    Sulfate/non-water-soluble silicone free since 8/16/10
    Northern VA
    Med-coarse, normal porosity, low elasticity
    Dye-free since 11/2010

• 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,485Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I got mine while I was away - turns out I'm fine, low porosity, and normal elasticity. Now I gotta figure out what to do about low porosity. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Anyone have any insight? TIA!!

What fun - can't wait for Curl Wizard!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• SpaghettiHeadSpaghettiHead Posts: 1,510Registered Users
    Mine came from marypat's address too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SpaghettiHead and Rustina ~ Thank you both for your response. That's good to know because now I know it wasn't an email issue. ;) Rustina, thank you for your reassurance. :) I'm sure you're right. I guess I'm just anxious to know my results. :oops:
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    My Picasa Album
    th_d963586e.jpg
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,485Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    If you sent your hair in awhile ago and haven't yet heard back, check your spam email box to make sure a response from marypat didn't end up there....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

2poodles wrote: »
    If you sent your hair in awhile ago and haven't yet heard back, check your spam email box to make sure a response from marypat didn't end up there....

I have. Thanks! ;)
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    My Picasa Album
    th_d963586e.jpg
    Yay, I got my analysis today!
    texture - medium-fine (medium with slightly fine characteristics)
    porosity - normal
    elasticity - normal
    Unlike many people, my hair has gotten finer and less coarse as it has gone gray.

I really enjoyed reading all the information and can't wait for the Product Wizard.
    Thanks!!
  • heidiheidi Posts: 243Registered Users
    Yay, I got my analysis today!
    texture - medium-fine (medium with slightly fine characteristics)
    porosity - normal
    elasticity - normal
    Unlike many people, my hair has gotten finer and less coarse as it has gone gray.

I really enjoyed reading all the information and can't wait for the Product Wizard.
    Thanks!!

Cool, another properties twin :wave:.

Curl Wizard is already up and running. I sent my info in 3 hours ago.
    Medium-fine Texture, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity, Thick Density
    Co-wash: Renpure Body&Shine
    RO: Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
    LI/Curl Enhancer: Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
    Other: I'll add a little AG Mousse Gel if I want something extra.
    On my way to find it!!

Sent in my info.
    These are like early xmas presents!
  • ClaritaClarita Posts: 198Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Just got mine!
    texture - fine
    porosity - low
    elasticity - low

I'm really surprised about the porosity and elasticity. However, I guess the elasticity makes sense bc whenever I would do the 'stretch test' my hair would always snap right away. Now that I know I have low porosity I wonder if that's why whenever I would try to leave in lots of conditioner my hair would always feel gross and coated? :dontknow:

Oh well! Off to find a mega-protein conditioner!
    Texture: Fine
    Porosity: Low
    Elasticity: Low
    Density: Medium/High...I think

~~Lots of Little S-Curls and Corkscrews~~
    Clarita wrote: »
    Just got mine!
    texture - fine
    porosity - low
    elasticity - low

I'm really surprised about the porosity and elasticity. However, I guess the elasticity makes sense bc whenever I would do the 'stretch test' my hair would always snap right away. Now that I know I have low porosity I wonder if that's why whenever I would try to leave in lots of conditioner my hair would always feel gross and coated? :dontknow:

ME TOO!!: fine, low porosity, low elasticity!

I was surprised about texture and porosity, myself. Elasticity - I had the same experience you did. ...BTW, I just bought CJ Repair Me and CJ Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner . I hope they turn out to be in my HG. ;)
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    My Picasa Album
    th_d963586e.jpg
  • ClaritaClarita Posts: 198Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Clarita wrote: »
    Just got mine!
    texture - fine
    porosity - low
    elasticity - low

ME TOO!!: fine, low porosity, low elasticity!

I was surprised about texture and porosity, myself. Elasticity - I had the same experience you did. ...BTW, I just bought CJ Repair Me and CJ Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner . I hope they turn out to be in my HG. ;)

Cool! I tried a sample of the CJ Strengthening conditioner and really liked it. I also really like the Mop Top/Fuzzy Duck conditioners but never knew that it was bc they have protein that my hair responded so well to them!
    Texture: Fine
    Porosity: Low
    Elasticity: Low
    Density: Medium/High...I think

~~Lots of Little S-Curls and Corkscrews~~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file