second day hair wit curlformers...

sapphirestarr14sapphirestarr14 Registered Users Posts: 86
So I recently jumped on the curlformers bandwagon and I absolutely love the culrs I get from them. My biggest problem is that I have way too much hair so it takes me almost 2 hours to do, but I also can't keep the curls longer than the first day. I use wrap and roll and a gel to set them, I usually do them at night, sleep in them, and wear them out the next day. The next night I pineapple wit a really loose pony and wear a satin scarf to bed but in the morning they always look horrible badly shaped and really stringy but I don't kno why. Can anyone help please? Tia

I'm posting this just about everywhere in hopes of actually getting a response, sorry if I annoyed anyone...
Mostly fine hair, coarse around my edges and nape.
Definitely high porosity and insanely dense.
Not so sure on the elasticity, but I don't think I have a very good moisture/protein balance and my hair is ubber dry, so I'm going to go with low... of course I could be very wrong.

Regimen:
Cowash/RO: HEHH, AIA Coconut Cowash
PT: Ion Effective Care Treatment
DT: Any condish with EVOO+Honey
LI: SM CES or PM The conditioner
Styler: EcoStyler Olive Oil, KCCC, or Let's Jam

Comments

• bdtaylorbdtaylor Registered Users Posts: 16
    The first thing I will do is refer you to tightlycurly.com. This is a site that tells you a way to maintain your curls that only requires you to wash your hair every 4-7 days.

I refresh my curls by using a lavendar mist spray. I got this from the Curly Girl book. I is 1/2 gallon of water boiled to remove toxins than add pure lavendar. The book says 5 drops I actually add 10 drops. I will also sometimes add a little Olive Oil. This makes 3 spray bottles full which last about 2 weeks for me. So after I apply the lavendar mist to my cap and my ends I will then smooth my own leave-in conditioner on the wet hair. My leave-in is 1 part condition with 2 parts water with a few drops of EVCO. Because my hair isn't saturated it usually doesn't take long to dry and my curls look great.

Hope this helps.
  • AfrotasticAfrotastic Registered Users Posts: 37
    So I recently jumped on the curlformers bandwagon and I absolutely love the culrs I get from them. My biggest problem is that I have way too much hair so it takes me almost 2 hours to do, but I also can't keep the curls longer than the first day. I use wrap and roll and a gel to set them, I usually do them at night, sleep in them, and wear them out the next day. The next night I pineapple wit a really loose pony and wear a satin scarf to bed but in the morning they always look horrible badly shaped and really stringy but I don't kno why. Can anyone help please? Tia

I'm posting this just about everywhere in hopes of actually getting a response, sorry if I annoyed anyone...

It takes you 2hrs? lol. I have a BUNCH of hair too and it used to take me a long time, but never that long. Now I can do mine in 15min minimum when I have music on. Also, I've found that using gel & styling products just wastes time. Just use a little oil and a leave-in. The Curlformers are so smooth that your hair will still turn out as shiny and curly but without as much time and product.

To use it second day, I fix the curls that were messed up by figuring out which color I had on them first (different colors=different rotating direction) and put it back in for the night. Sometimes if its really bad, I will wet it a little. For the rest, I take a bunch of bobby pins and pin the curls to my head. It sucks, but that's the only way I can make it to the 2nd day.
  • sapphirestarr14sapphirestarr14 Registered Users Posts: 86
    Thanks. I actually think that pinning the curls up would make sense, but I'm not sure how to pin them. Its not something I've ever done, but I'm sure there's a yotube video somewhere. Lol. Thanks for the advice though. Idk why it takes me so long, I think it may have something to do wit me not having enough curlformers so I have to use exactly the right amount in each section... but I've definitely gotten better. I don't think I will ever be able to do my head in 15 mins though! Lol. Also, how do you seperate your curls afterwards because whenever I try I just end up wit a lot of frizz and very poorly defined curls... :-(

I actually made an attempt at the tightlycurly method and my curls just refused to form. The ends were good, but near my roots all I got were frizz puffballs. The only way I might be able to get her method to work for me is by using gel instead of conditioner... so idk. But thanks for the suggestion. :-)
    Afrotastic wrote: »

It takes you 2hrs? lol. I have a BUNCH of hair too and it used to take me a long time, but never that long. Now I can do mine in 15min minimum when I have music on. Also, I've found that using gel & styling products just wastes time. Just use a little oil and a leave-in. The Curlformers are so smooth that your hair will still turn out as shiny and curly but without as much time and product.

To use it second day, I fix the curls that were messed up by figuring out which color I had on them first (different colors=different rotating direction) and put it back in for the night. Sometimes if its really bad, I will wet it a little. For the rest, I take a bunch of bobby pins and pin the curls to my head. It sucks, but that's the only way I can make it to the 2nd day.
    Mostly fine hair, coarse around my edges and nape.
    Definitely high porosity and insanely dense.
    Not so sure on the elasticity, but I don't think I have a very good moisture/protein balance and my hair is ubber dry, so I'm going to go with low... of course I could be very wrong.

Regimen:
    Cowash/RO: HEHH, AIA Coconut Cowash
    PT: Ion Effective Care Treatment
    DT: Any condish with EVOO+Honey
    LI: SM CES or PM The conditioner
    Styler: EcoStyler Olive Oil, KCCC, or Let's Jam

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file