Bizarre hair story!

I was in a used bookstore today perusing the foreign language section. A guy in his mid-twenties was glancing at books on the same aisle. "Books in Spanish?" he asked me. "Indeed," I replied. I kept looking through the shelves as the guy walked past me. As he turned the corner, he put his hand on the top of my head, stroked my hair, and walked away without saying a word.

It was officially the oddest hair situation ever! People are strange. I ran to the next aisle where my husband was, and I told him what happened. I told him, "I can't wait to share this with everyone on CurlTalk!"

Anybody else have any bizarre hair stories?
:batman: 2b/cFi, low density, normal porosity, high elasticity

Low-poo
: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
Conditioner
: Suave Naturals (whatever scent I have on hand)
Styling
: Paul Mitchell Round Trip, Tresemme Climate Control Finishing Spray

I'm a hair minimalist: the less time I spend on my hair, the better.

Comments

• DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Can't say I have a bizarre story to share but that is hilarious :lol:
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I can't believe a stranger did that! And a young one, yet!
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    oh Ninja we forgot to ask..........a very important question

was he HAWT? :love4:

LOL
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • porque_pigporque_pig Posts: 238Registered Users
    DEL2C wrote: »
    oh Ninja we forgot to ask..........a very important question

was he HAWT? :love4:

LOL

Sadly enough, I didn't even pay attention! I was so absorbed in my book search. Grad school has given me a one-track mind.
    :batman: 2b/cFi, low density, normal porosity, high elasticity

Low-poo
    : Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Conditioner
    : Suave Naturals (whatever scent I have on hand)
    Styling
    : Paul Mitchell Round Trip, Tresemme Climate Control Finishing Spray

I'm a hair minimalist: the less time I spend on my hair, the better.

• IAgirlIAgirl Posts: 2,540Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I was thinking the same thing (hot?) -- in my mind, he looked something like Antonio Banderas (maybe because of the Books in Spanish part). But you're married! Sigh.
    Still, how cool is that! Or weird. Thanks for sharing.

My not very funny story -- I was to meet up with a group I was going to work with for a week in another state. I had only met one of these people briefly and I was really nervous they might have thought I wasn't coming because the flight was delayed; yet they found me straight away at the airport. I was surprised and relieved.
    The Canadian in the group said "We were looking for a blonde, we know you're from Minnesota." At the time I was living in Minnesota (lots of blonde Norwegians / Scandinavians in MN), even though I am not from MN. Convenient coincidence. Thanks, viking ancestors.
  • wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    One time I had a complete stranger stare on and off at me for a while. She finally passed by me when I was talking with my friends and told me I had beautiful hair. I'm not sure if she meant the color (my hair is naturally deep auburn red -- I guess I get lots of compliments on it because you don't see that color too often!) or the curls, but either way, I was very happy she liked my hair! :iconbiggrin: I'm not sure if hers was curly, because she kept it really short and straight, almost exactly like Jamie Lee Curtis's hair, but hopefully if it is curly I inspired her to show off her spirals. ;)
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file