Has anyone heard of or tried Pravana Curl Enhancer Gel?

justajesuschickjustajesuschick Curl NeophytePosts: 1,657Registered Users Curl Neophyte
My stylist (Deva trained) wanted to use this on my hair today and I read (and then reread again with my reading glasses on) and I could find no silicones. I knew my hair would like it because it has polyquats and my hair is, um...a plastic floozie *justajesuschick hangs head* and my hair did not like it, it LOVED it!

Of course the salon sold the last one this morning so I will order. Had great hold and she did not have to use very much at all. Of course, I cannot find ingredients online.

Do you use this??
I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity
CG since 7/1/2010

Cleanse: Abba Color Protect
Condition: DevaCurl OC
LI: CJ-Deep Fix, Beauticurls LI
Curl Enhancer: CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler, CJRM

Comments

• curlyhairmichukcurlyhairmichuk Posts: 860Registered Users
    My stylist (Deva trained) wanted to use this on my hair today and I read (and then reread again with my reading glasses on) and I could find no silicones. I knew my hair would like it because it has polyquats and my hair is, um...a plastic floozie *justajesuschick hangs head* and my hair did not like it, it LOVED it!

Of course the salon sold the last one this morning so I will order. Had great hold and she did not have to use very much at all. Of course, I cannot find ingredients online.

Do you use this??

Here are the ingredients JaJc
    Water, polyquaternium-11, sorbitol, polyquaternium-10, panthenol, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed extract, equisetum arvense extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) extract, arnica Montana flower extract, algae extract, hair keratin amino acids, wheat amino acids, silk amino acids, helianthus annuus (sunflower) extract, alcohol, polysorbate 20, cinnamidoproplytrimonium chloride, fragrance, methylchloroisothiazolinone and methylisothiazolinone
    (It in the review section on this site - was looking for something else and spotted it!)
    UK curly

fine to medium strands, porous, medium density
    CG May 2009 - low poo occasionally
    Co-wash: Tresemme Naturals
    Styling -Naked Curl Defining Cream, BRHG, Mop Top, FSG
    Product for a good hair day: FSG or Mop Top
    Hair loves protein!
    http://public.fotki.com/curlyhairmichuk/
    new pics added Jan 2012

Enjoying the freedom of going curly!:wave:
    Duchess of Alba, Keeper of the Tartan Curls in The Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • justajesuschickjustajesuschick Curl Neophyte Posts: 1,657Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thank you! I have searched online for an hour!!
    CG since 7/1/2010

• CurlykeyCurlykey Curl Novice Posts: 1,540Registered Users Curl Novice
    It's on sale at this site. That's a very reasonable price. There is also a coupon code for free shipping on orders of $45 or more. Looks like they have a super hold gel as well. How's the consistency?
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
  • justajesuschickjustajesuschick Curl Neophyte Posts: 1,657Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I ordered MOP Curl Cream from sleekhair and it came quickly.
    Since she put it in, I have to guess consistency from what I saw. Definitely NOT as thick as BRHG. More like a regular hair gel.
    Gave nice hold but is not as crispy as my regular hard hold gels.

When I went on Pravana's site, they listed a couple of salons right by my house that carry the line. I may call and ask if they have this gel. The salon where I got my cut is not close to work or home for me. With all of the other product that I own, I could also wait until I return for my next cut in 8 weeks!
    CG since 7/1/2010

I ordered it form sleekhair for just $11.99 and I found a code on retailmenot.com for free shipping using code sleek_style so it was $11.99 total!!

Thanks, girls!!
    CG since 7/1/2010

• krispykrispy Posts: 320Registered Users
    i'm so easily persuaded :laughing5:!! I hear one rave review and yep, i'm on the sleek hair site ordering this gel. I'll let you know what i think in a few days!
    2c/3a

Worrying doesn't take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace

Best combo so far:
    SheaMosture Curl and shine milk , Ouidad heat and humidity gel
    krispy wrote: »
    i'm so easily persuaded :laughing5:!! I hear one rave review and yep, i'm on the sleek hair site ordering this gel. I'll let you know what i think in a few days!

Lol, me too! I ordered from sleekhair.com as well with free shipping....I ordered the Pravana super hold gel though, maybe next time I'll get the Curl enhancing one as I would love to try it as well. The price is very reasonable and with free shipping, can't be beat. :oops: I also ordered some Biolage conditioning balm (16 oz was on sale and have never tried the real stuff) and a liter of Kenra because of the reviews on another thread. Hope it all works for me.

Oh, and I found this thread on the curl enhancing one. Wonder if others are still using it?
    I am really surprised that the curl contouring gel is really pretty firm a hold. I have crunch to scrunch out. I was thinking of getting the firmer hold as well, but when it described it as great for the wet look, I stopped and did not get it. I am IN LOVE with the Curl contouring one. I bet I am back soon to try the firmer hold version!!
    Cannot beat $11.99 with free shipping!
    CG since 7/1/2010

• curlyserfcurlyserf Posts: 858Registered Users
    I am really surprised that the curl contouring gel is really pretty firm a hold. I have crunch to scrunch out. I was thinking of getting the firmer hold as well, but when it described it as great for the wet look, I stopped and did not get it. I am IN LOVE with the Curl contouring one. I bet I am back soon to try the firmer hold version!!
    Cannot beat $11.99 with free shipping!

Quit tempting me!!!!

Kerri
    2?/3a ??? ; fine; high density; normal porosity and elasticity
    color treated

CURRENTLY USING:
    cleanse:Organix Vanilla Silk, Use Me Cleansing Cream
    rinse out/li:Ion Effective Care, Tresseme Naturals Radiant Volume (both with NPF added)
    stylers:Curl Keeper, UFD Curly Magic, & Alba Botanicals Strong Hold Gel
    PT:CJ Repair Me

mod CG since August 2010
    So I tried the Pravan super hold gel....they're not kidding when they say super hold....this gives BRHG a run for it's money...lol. I've only tried it once. The only thing I'm worried about is alcohol being the second ingredient :(. I will alternate with BRHG so that I don't get dried out. I really want to try the curl enhancing one. I used the Pravana SHG over Kenra conditioner and had lots of crunch to scrunch....I still had crunch this morning. Next time I won't use as much and I think I'll top with CIAB and see how that goes. Other than the crunch, my hair looked really nice. I'm thinking I will be ok as long as I use a moisturizing leave in/cream under it and maybe CIAB over it since it's moisturizing as well.
    On a side note, I love the smell of the Kenra conditioner :love4:..coconut!
    This may be my next purchase. I am loving the enhancement I get from SS CEJ, but it seems to give me frizz if I use it more than a couple of days in a row. I bought some Iso Bouncy Cream last night, and if it doesn't work, I may have to order this. Not sure about the wheat protein - I may have some issues with it.

The PJ in me can always be tempted!!:toothy7:

Kerri
    color treated

CURRENTLY USING:
    rinse out/li:Ion Effective Care, Tresseme Naturals Radiant Volume (both with NPF added)

mod CG since August 2010
    I have to say that I am still really liking this! The Curl Enhancer Gel, that it. I have not tried the Super Hold. The weird thing is that it is really runny but has amazing hold! Almost as much as BRHG but without the sort of plastic shine that I can get if I use too much BRHG.
    Glad my stylist used this on me since I had never heard of it or would have tried it!
    CG since 7/1/2010

I have to say that I am still really liking this! The Curl Enhancer Gel, that it. I have not tried the Super Hold. The weird thing is that it is really runny but has amazing hold! Almost as much as BRHG but without the sort of plastic shine that I can get if I use too much BRHG.
    Glad my stylist used this on me since I had never heard of it or would have tried it!

You're such an enabler, as always! heehee!

I have been using the BRHG again (couldn't stay away!) but if this enhances curls, too, I might need it. :hmph:

Kerri
    color treated

CURRENTLY USING:

mod CG since August 2010
  • xcptnlxcptnl Curl Connoisseur Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I happened to see this at a Hair Cosmopolitan store in the mall yesterday and picked it up-the curl enhancer gel. I used it in place of CJ curl queen gel with the same results!! Love that. Did not dry real crispy which I like but sometimes that means as the day goes on my hair goes flat and fuzzy but not today! I find the consitency to be kind of watery which I happen to like as I can usually distribute that kind of gel better.

I am loving that I have found gels and other products without glycerin that my hair is really liking!

BTW-I have not used BRHG probably in over a month! Amazing.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • MountaincurlMountaincurl Posts: 571Registered Users
    I really like this stuff. I've heard it's been discontinued, is that true?
    Wyoming, mod CG since 08/2010
    2cFii (fia), normal/normal, bleached, loves protein.
    Seborrheic dermatitis diagnosed 02/2016
  • abstractcurlsabstractcurls Posts: 380Registered Users
    No it hasn't they just changed it. I can't find the new ingredients list (I'm not sure if they did change it but they changed the package)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file