good curls are sexy

Maybe you could help me. I'm about to go out in a week to buy some products. I will either go to wal mart or cvs or rite aid. Can anyone tell me whats out on the market right now that would be good for my hair?
I have short full dark hair, I'm just looking for a shampoo and a conditioner and maybe one styling product. I haven't been out recently so I don't know what to look for.
I'll use a sulfate shampoo because i'll only use it every once in a while, but my conditioner needs to have no silicones. That will not look good on my hair.
so tell me whats out there okay, i'll come back and check.:blob8:peace
2c, CG, soft, managed, curly-From NEPA
:male::female::binky::angel13:
MAX GREEN ALCHEMY
MOPTOP
MOP-C CUrL
INNERSENSE ORGANIC BEAUTY
JESSICURL
CURLJUNKIE
DEVACURL
(BUMBLE, AUBREY ORGANICS, JANE CARTER)

Comments

• darcurldarcurl Posts: 586Registered Users
    bump.:toothy8:
    but really, what i want is to buy some curl products. listen i know the internet is filled with good stuff, but what can i get at the store? does garnier got any good stuff, i know frieda and pantene doesn't work for me, but what about herbal essences, or are there any other good brands out there?
    MAX GREEN ALCHEMY
    MOPTOP
    MOP-C CUrL
    JESSICURL
    CURLJUNKIE
    DEVACURL
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Curl Connoisseur Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    From your avatar, your hair looks to be medium (called normal sometimes) and needing a little more moisture or definition. It also looks like your hair could use almost anything and look nice. Many women on this site love Herbal Essences and Garnier. I don't remember the specific products because discount store brands tend to not work well for me. Just search for those brands on this site and you'll find them. Oh I remember one -- Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner is great. You should also check out the selection at a health food store -- Nature's Gate, Avalon, Aubrey Organics, EO.
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • darcurldarcurl Posts: 586Registered Users
    Thank you.
    You know how jessicurl is made specifically for curls. Well hello hydration isn't, and I want something to bring out the curls in my hair. So I was thinking of herbal essences totally twisted.
    Garniers curl type too. Eo is organic.
    MAX GREEN ALCHEMY
    MOPTOP
    MOP-C CUrL
    JESSICURL
    CURLJUNKIE
    DEVACURL
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Curl Connoisseur Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    darcurl wrote: »
    Thank you.
    You know how jessicurl is made specifically for curls. Well hello hydration isn't, and I want something to bring out the curls in my hair. So I was thinking of herbal essences totally twisted.
    Garniers curl type too. Eo is organic.

A product doesn't have to be specifically made for curly hair to work on it. My hair needs moisture; Hello Hydration provides moisture. I don't need products geared toward enhancing curls since if my hair is adequately moisturized, it curls without a problem. I have heard a lot about Totally Twisted too on NC.
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • EmerwenEmerwen Posts: 138Registered Users
    Hello Hydration stripped the moisture from my hair, actually. I found that using Totally Twisted or Garnier's Lenth and Strength or Sleek and Smooth.

However, if you are wanting to go CG (Not sure if you are or not), then none of those will work.
    Hair type: 3a, med-low porosity, decent elasticity, thin, med-fine. (I think)

Hair Routine:
    Low-poo: Burt's Bee's Pomegranate and Soy
    Co-wash: V05 Kiwi Clarifying Conditioner, Condish: V05 Kiwi Clarifying Conditioner, Giovanni TTTT, honey
    Leave In: GVP Conditioning Balm
    Styling: Biotera Curl Cream, Sweet Almond Oil
    Techniques: Icequeen method

Hair likes: GVP CB, Biotera Curl Cream, Almond Oil (when wet).
    Hair dislikes: gel, plopping.

Hair Goal: Healthy, soft, defined, waist length curls!

• porque_pigporque_pig Posts: 238Registered Users
    All my products come from the drugstore!

A lot of girls on the website like the Tresemme Naturals conditioners and the Garnier Triple Nutrition conditioner. They were too heavy for my hair, but you have more hair than me. I use Suave naturals conditioners because they're more lightweight.

As far as shampoos, I think Wal-Mart carries some low poos. Giovanni is one of the brands they carry, I think. I would love to try their Triple Tree Treat conditioner. Also, you can find Burt's Bees in most drugstores and superstores. I am actually allergic to their shampoos, but I know a lot of girls who swear by them.

Styling products: I like Garnier Fructis Curl Shaping spray gel. Also, CVS carries a leave-in conditioner called Christophe Leave-in Conditioning Spray. It has a lot of protein if you're into that thing.
    :batman: 2b/cFi, low density, normal porosity, high elasticity

Low-poo
    : Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Conditioner
    : Suave Naturals (whatever scent I have on hand)
    Styling
    : Paul Mitchell Round Trip, Tresemme Climate Control Finishing Spray

I'm a hair minimalist: the less time I spend on my hair, the better.

• imagabsterimagabster Posts: 71Registered Users
    I'm still somewhat new at this, but I really like Garnier Triple Nutrition conditioner, I use it as a rinse-out conditioner and then I reapply it as my leave-in and it's given me the softest, shiniest waves/curls! Bonus- it's CG!

for a shampoo, I've been co-washing with a VO5 conditioner, I make sure and massage it into my scalp to remove any buildup (and it's less than a dollar!) I know a lot of girls on here use Burt's Bees shampoos and the Yes To shampoos as a [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-LowPoo-p-54.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-lowpoo]low-poo[/buylink], but I haven't tried any of those and I don't think any of them have sulfates.

for a styling product, I just purchased herbal essences set me up gel and I really like it! it's not sticky like a lot of other gels and it doesn't leave any residue and after I've scrunched out whatever crunch I had, it left me with really soft, defined, frizz free waves. It's also made my hair curlier too!

I hope this helps! I bought all of these products at walmart and all for under 8 dollars!
    CG since September 2010
    thick, medium-coarse, low-normal porosity (?), 2c/3a hair!
    growing out my hair to BSL!

experimenting with...
    low-poo/ co-wash: Everyday Shea Moisturizing Lavender Shampoo & tressemme naturals moisture
    rinse-out/ leave-in: GFTN, CJAO, CJRM, TJ nourish, GVP Conditioning Balm
    styling: HESMU, CJCIAB, eco styler krystal, BRHG

"I'm as free as my hair." Mother Monster

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file