NBD Cosmetics/etsy reviews

sassywillowsassywillow Posts: 829Registered Users
I purchased 2 oz samples:

Moisture miracle cream
ayurvedic conditioner
green tea hair growth butter
avocado and honey conditioner

So far I have tried 3 of the products purchased.

Miracle moisture:
This smells wonderful. It has an intoxicating citrus scent. It is a white cream a little lighter that Qhemet Burdock Root cream. Performance wise I am still experimenting with it. The instructions are to use it on clean conditioned wet/damp hair. Over a leave-in or by itself. I have tried both and I'm not sure if I love it or not. I used it on a couple of twists but it is not heavy enough for that. Next time I will try it for WNG. I want to love it so I will keep trying.

Ayurvedic conditioner:
This is a lightly scented dense conditioner. It has some slip. When I was putting it on I thought hmm not going to work for me. But it did detangle as I was pulling it thru my hair. Sat under the heating cap for 30 minutes. My hair was soft UNTIL I rinsed it out. My hair wasn't as soft as I would have liked it to be and it was FRIZZY. In all fairness, I had just washed with a shampoo bar, which left my hair soft, but I did an ACV rinse which sucked all of the moisture out of my hair. I had to use a ton of leave-in after rinsing out my hair. I have about 1 oz left, so I will try it again after using curl junkie DF.

Green tea butter:
Not much to say about this. It is lightly scented and it is a butter. I am experimenting on my temples for hair growth. The 2 oz jar will last a long time.

I haven't decided whether or not I will repurchase anything. Very nice seller.
Ah...to be a well pampered pootiecat. I can sleep on my owner's lap. Roll over on my back when I want my stomach rubbed. Purr with delight. Suddenly jump off and walk away for no reason. Not respond when I am called. Throw my leg up and lick with intense abandon. Sleep 85% of the time. Hang my head off the couch and view the world upside down.:laughing5:

Comments

• lashon20lashon20 Posts: 1,150Registered Users
    Thanks for the reviews, I want to try some of her stuff.
    http://mynaturalhairjourney.shutterfly.com/

Shampoos: Ion Hard Water Shampoo
    Conditioners: Curl Junkie
    Stylers: As I Am Smoothing Gel, Jane Carter Incredible Curls, Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter, Hairveda Whipped Gelly
    Moisturizers: Camille Rose Moisture Milk, Camille Rose Fresh Curl
    Leave-Ins: KBB Sweet Ambrosia
    Pomades: Hairveda Almond Glaze
  • sassywillowsassywillow Posts: 829Registered Users
    Part 2:

cowashed today with curl junkie DF and quick condished with Tresseme. Added Ori Organics leave-in and Miracle moisture to one side of my head and just miracle moisture to other side of my head. Braided hair (fine 3c/4a). Well friends this product just isn't for my hair type. My hair is dry, hard, tangled and frizzy. Two things, it could be that the PH is too high >5.0 or my hair just hates it. Too bad as I really, really wanted to like this product. But alas it goes on the miss list.
    Ah...to be a well pampered pootiecat. I can sleep on my owner's lap. Roll over on my back when I want my stomach rubbed. Purr with delight. Suddenly jump off and walk away for no reason. Not respond when I am called. Throw my leg up and lick with intense abandon. Sleep 85% of the time. Hang my head off the couch and view the world upside down.:laughing5:
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've tried the Black Rose shampoo and the Miracle Moisture cream. I love the scents of both. The shampoo smells like roses but I can't quite place what scent the moisture cream should be. It's floral though.

I tried the Miracle Moisture Cream a few months back and I like it a lot. Gives good moisture and shine. Only complaint is it's hard for it to melt into my hair. On wet hair it tends to want to "curdle" - just stick together in a ball instead of melting in. But after a mintue it's fine. The scent lingers all day.

The Black Rose shampoo I just used today. Very moisturizing and doesn't make my hair feel waxy on rinse out. I've never used black soap before but I will be buying some more if it continues to perform like this.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • sassywillowsassywillow Posts: 829Registered Users
    She has a new conditioner..Moroccan argan oil something or the other.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file