SSRPT

accphotographyaccphotography Posts: 61Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I have a question about using this product. I have a sample so I don't have the bottle to read and don't want to waste my sample by using it wrong.

I'm wanting to do a PT with the SSRPT. How long can I leave that on? I'm planning to cowash, towel dry, apply SSRPT, put a cap on, leave on for _____ time, rinse out, then do rinse out conditioner. How long can I leave it on?

I've used Emergencee many tomes before and left it on as long as 2 hours with no ill effects whatsoever. My hair is easily overconditioned and loves protein (it's also very fine and pretty damaged).

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Comments

• oddityofwingsoddityofwings Posts: 1,261Registered Users
    I believe it has a suggested time on the bottle - at least 5 minutes, I think. I've used it for upwards of half an hour before.

I know some people use it as a leave-in conditioner, so leaving it in longer shouldn't be a problem. It's not a massively strong PT - sort of middling strong in my experience.
    3b/c. Fine, med-high porosity, normal elasticity. Hair loves oils in summer, protein in winter. Constantly battling the hard water monster.

Favourites:love5::
    CJ Curl Theory, Curl Rehab, Smoothing, Curl Fix, Daily Fix, CCCC, CIAB, CQ, SSCC, MC shampoo, Inecto Pure Coconut Oil, CP luscious curl creme (summer), DB Pumpkin Seed (summer), FD/MT, JCWDT, JCTS

American literature PhD student in the UK... :study:
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    LOL I actually disagree with you OOW...I think it's strong. But it's strong in a mild sort of way LOL. It's easily absorbed into the hair without crunchiness.

The bottle says 10 mins. but I leave mine in much longer. I'd start with the 10 and you can go from there. I usually leave mine in at least 1 hour.
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oddityofwingsoddityofwings Posts: 1,261Registered Users
    No - I know what you mean. It's sort of hard to describe the strength of this one - it's not super heavy-duty, but it's not exactly designed like a proteiny rinse-out would be either (it's much stronger than that), if that makes sense. For me that makes it sort of a medium strength.
    3b/c. Fine, med-high porosity, normal elasticity. Hair loves oils in summer, protein in winter. Constantly battling the hard water monster.

Favourites:love5::
    CJ Curl Theory, Curl Rehab, Smoothing, Curl Fix, Daily Fix, CCCC, CIAB, CQ, SSCC, MC shampoo, Inecto Pure Coconut Oil, CP luscious curl creme (summer), DB Pumpkin Seed (summer), FD/MT, JCWDT, JCTS

American literature PhD student in the UK... :study:
    No - I know what you mean. It's sort of hard to describe the strength of this one - it's not super heavy-duty, but it's not exactly designed like a proteiny rinse-out would be either (it's much stronger than that), if that makes sense. For me that makes it sort of a medium strength.

Makes sense to me! :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SaroyanSaroyan Posts: 398Registered Users
    I've left it in overnight with a heat wrap before (the last part was unintentional, I fell asleep with the wrap on by accident). My hair likes protein so I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.
    2a, very fine, very thick, protein-loving, not especially porous. cg since july 2010.

cleanse: cj daily fix, vo5 vanilla mint tea
    condition: marie dean anything, db pumpkin seed, cj curl assurance, cj beauticurls
    style: cj beauticurls leave-in, cj curl queen, cj cccc lite, kccc, homemade fsg, db coconut & hibiscus oil, ecostyler
    treatments: ss repairing protein, ss deeply decadent
    techniques: icequeen, plopping, scrunching upside down, pixie diffusing
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    rymorg2 wrote: »
    LOL I actually disagree with you OOW...I think it's strong. But it's strong in a mild sort of way LOL. It's easily absorbed into the hair without crunchiness.

The bottle says 10 mins. but I leave mine in much longer. I'd start with the 10 and you can go from there. I usually leave mine in at least 1 hour.

I agree with ry:happy10: I've used it in the shower for 10-15 mins and it worked great.

You can always check curlmart for directions on the bottle or go to SS etsy's shop too.
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • accphotographyaccphotography Posts: 61Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks ladies!! I ended up doing it before I got any responses here. I left it on under a cap for about 2 hours, 10 minutes with heat. I did nothing more than a light rinseout after it and my hair is awesome!! Can you say my hair loves protein!? ROFL!

So if this is more of a middleweight, what's a highweight? My hair just can't seem to get enough protein. I think if I use this at LEAST once a week for at least an hour I might be ok, but I'd be curious to know of heavier duty PTs as well.
    Thanks ladies!! I ended up doing it before I got any responses here. I left it on under a cap for about 2 hours, 10 minutes with heat. I did nothing more than a light rinseout after it and my hair is awesome!! Can you say my hair loves protein!? ROFL!

So if this is more of a middleweight, what's a highweight? My hair just can't seem to get enough protein. I think if I use this at LEAST once a week for at least an hour I might be ok, but I'd be curious to know of heavier duty PTs as well.

Glad it worked! :D

My hair's the same way...eats protein for breakfast! LOL! I don't use anything heavier than RPT, but CJ is coming out with a PT in mid November that's INCREDIBLE and I compare it with the results of RPT. I just do my treatments more often. Usually I PT/DT each day on the weekend (yep 2 days in a row! For at least an hour each treatment each day) and then in the middle of the week I'll use a regular protein RO condish a few times too.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LogyLogy Posts: 156Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    So is SSRPT stronger than CJCF? I've been using CF and can use it 5 out of 7 days a week, leave it in overnight with a little moisture on top (usually SSDD), rinse in the morning and get strong curls that are soft. Just ordered SSRPT. Can't wait to try it!
    54, mix of 3a, 2b,c, with the occasional straight strand thrown in to keep things interesting. Low porosity. Very fine!

HG: CJCF Never lets me down.
    Others I Like: DevaCurl One Co, CHSCK, Giovanni Smooth as Silk, SSDD, AnGel, DevaCurl No Poo, Elucence Moisture Balancing Condish, Curls Like Us towels.

"Still crazy after all these years" Paul Simon :nemo:
    Logy wrote: »
    So is SSRPT stronger than CJCF? I've been using CF and can use it 5 out of 7 days a week, leave it in overnight with a little moisture on top (usually SSDD), rinse in the morning and get strong curls that are soft. Just ordered SSRPT. Can't wait to try it!

Yes definitely. I'd compare it more to the PT that's coming out in November from CJ.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file