Mortifying exercise moments

ElectrumElectrum Posts: 62Registered Users
So... I've just begun to try to get in shape this fall and my mode of working out has been yoga. I have to say, I really like it. Even when my forehead is sweaty and my hamstrings feel like they might just detach themselves from my legs.
There is, however, one minor, off-putting detail. Each time I practice my shoulder stands, I queef! It's so embarassing, and I don't know how to stop. :sad11: I guess I'm just starting this post as a place to commiserate and share all the uncomfortable moments that happen to us as we try to exercise. *sigh*
Decision to go natural: mid-February 2010
Big Chop: August 22 2010
:cat: Newly Natural :cat:

Comments

• murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    well at the apartment complex I used to live in, they had a gym and the gym had cameras and in the front office you could see the cameras and who was at the gym. Well one day I was on the treadmill and ....I flew directly off, I hope to this day that whoever was working (because they're all students at my school) all had their backs turned to the cameras when it happened. GEEZ.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Curl Connoisseur Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Electrum wrote: »
    So... I've just begun to try to get in shape this fall and my mode of working out has been yoga. I have to say, I really like it. Even when my forehead is sweaty and my hamstrings feel like they might just detach themselves from my legs.
    There is, however, one minor, off-putting detail. Each time I practice my shoulder stands, I queef! It's so embarassing, and I don't know how to stop. :sad11: I guess I'm just starting this post as a place to commiserate and share all the uncomfortable moments that happen to us as we try to exercise. *sigh*

Oh, sorry! Really - I can understand how you feel. That's only happened to me during sex which was embarrassing enough. However, anyone who can do a shoulder stand deserves applause, regardless. I'm not even sure what a shoulder stand is! (but it sounds really hard to do).

Once when I was in an aerobics class I must have eaten beans at lunch earlier, and I suddenly farted something awful. I was in the front row right near the instructor and she immediately danced away from me.
    I was mortified because it smelled. It was years ago and I'm still embarrassed even writing this, but I wanted to commiserate.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Curl Connoisseur Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    turtles wrote: »
    well at the apartment complex I used to live in, they had a gym and the gym had cameras and in the front office you could see the cameras and who was at the gym. Well one day I was on the treadmill and ....I flew directly off, I hope to this day that whoever was working (because they're all students at my school) all had their backs turned to the cameras when it happened. GEEZ.

Turtles, this happened to me once also, but fortunately, there wasn't anyone around. I fell on my A$$ but wasn't hurt. I never heard of a gym with cameras! That's intimidating.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • 2poodles2poodles Curl Connoisseur Posts: 2,485Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Funny post! I'm enrolled in a yoga teacher training course and we had a discussion on how to handle certain situations in a class. One of those situations was "inadvertent bodily noises". We're supposed to just ignore them. So, if we had to be taught about it, it obviously happens with some frequency!! And a few days after that lesson, I was taking a class where there seemed to be an ongoing chorus of those bodily noises! Pretty funny, really. And then some guy started snoring during savasana. We ignored that, too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    curlypearl wrote: »

Oh, sorry! Really - I can understand how you feel. That's only happened to me during sex which was embarrassing enough. However, anyone who can do a shoulder stand deserves applause, regardless. I'm not even sure what a shoulder stand is! (but it sounds really hard to do).

Once when I was in an aerobics class I must have eaten beans at lunch earlier, and I suddenly farted something awful. I was in the front row right near the instructor and she immediately danced away from me.
    I was mortified because it smelled. It was years ago and I'm still embarrassed even writing this, but I wanted to commiserate.

CP, that's hilarious!!! The dancing away part... But also mortifying.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • morrighumorrighu Posts: 707Registered Users
    LMAO - let's just say that it's called "Wind Removing Pose" for a reason :occasion5:

Anyway, I'm in yoga class and we go to do triangle pose. Just as I'm getting set and really working on getting my shoulders open, my yoga mat rips - loudly. Everyone turns to look because of the noise. One foot is sliding since its still on part of my yoga mat and now I'm flailing around. Next thing I know, my pants rip too and I fall over.
  • MimsTXMimsTX Curl Neophyte Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    curlypearl wrote: »
    turtles wrote: »

Turtles, this happened to me once also, but fortunately, there wasn't anyone around. I fell on my A$$ but wasn't hurt. I never heard of a gym with cameras! That's intimidating.

Yep, happened to me too. In the middle of a 24 hour fitness though. With (of course) a really muscled studly dude on the stairmaster next to me.

I never went back. lol
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    This is a small thing, but it embarrassed me. I just got an mp3 player that I listen to at the gym. Apparently when I have headphones in my ears, I talk really loud. I was at the gym with my husband, stretching, and I said something to him. These other guys turned around and looked my way while I was doing this silly stretch. DH told me I was practically shouting. :oops:
    ehLB.jpg
  • veganyoginiveganyogini Posts: 31Registered Users

LOL! Try engaging your mula bandha (pelvic muscles) BEFORE going into an inversion (or a one-legged down dog) to keep out the air.

It's pretty normal, though, in yoga class to hear all kinds of bodily sounds. I was teaching a class with a new husband & wife couple one morning. The wife accidentally farted and instead of just ignoring it, the husband jumped up and asked (very loudly) "Are you o.k.?" The woman was mortified and they never came back. I felt so bad for her. The class would have thought nothing of it if he hadn't brought it to everyone's attention.
  • SystemSystem Administrator Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Eh, it happens.
    I was on the eliptical and let loose a SBD fart. A guy was on a treadmill near me and he stopped dead in his tracks when the smell hit him. :pottytrain1: He ended up falling and went flying. He wasn't hurt. :laughing8:

I try to get on the treadmills or elipticals that are far away from people. And it near fails that someone will get next to me to start a conversation but they never stay long....:laughing9:
  • kat180kat180 Curl Novice Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
    Speckla wrote: »
    Eh, it happens.
    I was on the eliptical and let loose a SBD fart. A guy was on a treadmill near me and he stopped dead in his tracks when the smell hit him. :pottytrain1: He ended up falling and went flying. He wasn't hurt. :laughing8:

I try to get on the treadmills or elipticals that are far away from people. And it near fails that someone will get next to me to start a conversation but they never stay long....:laughing9:

You have just cheered me up no end. :sign5:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file